Treewarden druid

Discuss Median XL!
ergon
Destroyer
6 | 0
There are two tree warden builds I know of. Thornstrike, and shock wave. There's an old shockwave build on the way back machine that could probably use a bit of updating (not much really)but still seems to work. I was on the bottom of the druid ladder last night w limboslice my shock wave tree. I was actually just considering making a guide for shock wave tree warden once I gear up enough to get some ubers and destruction done. Lemme know if interested.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
If you wanna make a guide, go for it. Wildfire is also viable btw.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
ergon wrote:There are two tree warden builds I know of. Thornstrike, and shock wave.
you can add 2 more to those . one is elemental (wildfire/poison flash) , one is based on Aegipan RW (you can find them in my compilation) . So there are at least 4 ways to play a treewardern
freeman20
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Great Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
There is no need to play hard as treewarden. Just torn'em down :D

And ye, all guides are named with class and playstyle. It's like main skill + class (like shurikensin, thornwarden or tantrumdin) or playstyle (holy/unholy caster/melee etc for paladins)
ergon
Destroyer
6 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
ergon wrote:There are two tree warden builds I know of. Thornstrike, and shock wave.
you can add 2 more to those . one is elemental (wildfire/poison flash) , one is based on Aegipan RW (you can find them in my compilation) . So there are at least 4 ways to play a treewardern

Shockwave uses poison flash/wildfire :D. Ty for info though.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I just got here today, and I'm currently using LazBro MXL, so anything I say may not apply. All my Median knowledge is years out of date.

Aegipan Treewarden gives the highest attack speed in D2 (2 frame attack animation). It is for on-attack procs. You just load up on every 'on-attack' you can, and spam so many procs that your PC melts. This is my favourite build in classic Laz MXL.

Otherwise, you use Shockwave (Sol rune) bow, Treewarden form, and poison flash to start the chain. Punishers everywhere.

Treewarden is all about O-skills and procs. Using actual treewarden attack skills is lame.

But like I said, I don't know the current mod, I just got here.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yea.. That's largely an outdated comparison. Thorn Strike (new pummel skill) is one of the strongest skills in the game right now.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Okay, pummel was always terrible (spreading out targets for melee AoE is bad) and Wildfire had such a random hitbox, could you please explain the new skill to me?
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Thorn Strike lays a carpet of spikes beginning at your feet, traveling outwards in a cone shape. It doesn't require a target to use so it can be spammed while holding the stand still key. It currently doesn't have next delay so it hits frequently. The shape of the cone itself can be more concentrated (to an extent) by clicking further away from your character. The skill itself can't trigger on-attack procs. Its okay.