Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
GregMXL wrote: Now sp has everything mp has...like what more do people want?

Ehh, umm ... Sigma ?
Tiberius723
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
GregMXL wrote:Yea so that's my point. Just play the build and enjoy it like how the throw barb was op last ladder. I mean these guys are really doing the best they can. I know it first hand cause I'm lucky enough to see every change they make and all the work that's put in to this mod. It's not easy by a long shot. I'm in shock at the amount of complaining being done since this mod keeps getting better patch by patch. Now sp has everything mp has...like what more do people want?

I think sp should still have the same drop rates as 1.1.2. Although it's nice that we have everything that mp has, we're at a disadvantage because we have to farm everything ourselves with a low drop rate. At least with mp you can trade with others for items that you need. In sp, we have nobody to trade with and we're stuck with only what we find. Doubt the drop rate is gonna increase but just my opinion.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
GregMXL wrote:Not really sure where this thread is going. Anyone have a TW build to recommend? Otherwise it's just a thread on how overpowered Thorn Strike is. No one plays TW so just enjoy it I guess.

Well the thing is a lot of people want TS nerfed badly. Some ppl like me think it shouldn't be nerfed, that's why there are arguments in this thread. People DO play TW now and that's good and I'd like it to stay like that, if u nerf TS it will become that one spec that barely any1 plays again

Tiberius723 wrote:
GregMXL wrote:Yea so that's my point. Just play the build and enjoy it like how the throw barb was op last ladder. I mean these guys are really doing the best they can. I know it first hand cause I'm lucky enough to see every change they make and all the work that's put in to this mod. It's not easy by a long shot. I'm in shock at the amount of complaining being done since this mod keeps getting better patch by patch. Now sp has everything mp has...like what more do people want?

I think sp should still have the same drop rates as 1.1.2. Although it's nice that we have everything that mp has, we're at a disadvantage because we have to farm everything ourselves with a low drop rate. At least with mp you can trade with others for items that you need. In sp, we have nobody to trade with and we're stuck with only what we find. Doubt the drop rate is gonna increase but just my opinion.

Yes but in SP you don't have ladder resets which kinda compensates for it imo, as you essentially have unlimited time to farm, unless a patch which wipes everything releases, but that shouldn't be until sigma afaik.
Tiberius723
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Aspirine101 wrote:
GregMXL wrote:Not really sure where this thread is going. Anyone have a TW build to recommend? Otherwise it's just a thread on how overpowered Thorn Strike is. No one plays TW so just enjoy it I guess.

Well the thing is a lot of people want TS nerfed badly. Some ppl like me think it shouldn't be nerfed, that's why there are arguments in this thread. People DO play TW now and that's good and I'd like it to stay like that, if u nerf TS it will become that one spec that barely any1 plays again

Tiberius723 wrote:

Yes but in SP you don't have ladder resets which kinda compensates for it imo, as you essentially have unlimited time to farm, unless a patch which wipes everything releases, but that shouldn't be until sigma afaik.

yes we do have "unlimited time" to farm but i dont think doing a dunc run and only getting 1 SU and 3 set items is very rewarding. i personally dont want to farm TA or dunc 5 times only to receive the same yield of 1 single run in 1.1.2. by the time ladder resets again, im sure there will be some or most with all charms and end game gear which im sure wont be all self found. itll take sp players forever to get where those people will be with this drop rate.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Aspirine101 wrote:Well the thing is a lot of people want TS nerfed badly. Some ppl like me think it shouldn't be nerfed, that's why there are arguments in this thread. People DO play TW now and that's good and I'd like it to stay like that, if u nerf TS it will become that one spec that barely any1 plays again

Don't ever talk about balance with this mindset, you're the kind of person who probably thought barb was perfectly fine last ladder.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I only tried out treewarden until act 2 hatred. But let me say this: there is not a single ability in the game, which can kill the skeleton archer champion pack in the den of evil 1hit on /players 8 in an instant. Not even 4 frostclaw totems 2 patches ago were that powerful, considering that they don't have that much of a area and they don't profit from wdm or that high of flat damage added. Only thorn strike can kill them literally in an instant. Even for early game balance, this is just too much.
If this keeps on (as many people in this thread alread confirmed) in the later part of the game, it's simply overkill. There's no choice but to tune TS down. There's no arguing it.
RollsRoyce
Djinn
523 | 51
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Legendary Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
HechtHeftig wrote:I only tried out treewarden until act 2 hatred. But let me say this: there is not a single ability in the game, which can kill the skeleton archer champion pack in the den of evil 1hit on /players 8 in an instant. Not even 4 frostclaw totems 2 patches ago were that powerful, considering that they don't have that much of a area and they don't profit from wdm or that high of flat damage added. Only thorn strike can kill them literally in an instant. Even for early game balance, this is just too much.
If this keeps on (as many people in this thread alread confirmed) in the later part of the game, it's simply overkill. There's no choice but to tune TS down. There's no arguing it.

it does, only bosses that survive for longer are dbaal and xazax, as well as every boss that teleports
Spyro
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
I really don't understand, why people whining about the "Thornstrike" skill. Even if it will be broken as hell, how it will screw up my game experience and fun, if i'll playing on any other speck or class? This is not a PVP game, where you need perfect balance between classes. :)
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Spyro wrote:I really don't understand, why people whining about the "Thornstrike" skill. Even if it will be broken as hell, how it will screw up my game experience and fun, if i'll playing on any other speck or class? This is not a PVP game, where you need perfect balance between classes. :)

well it's problem if 100% ppl play it but yes it doesn't affect u or me personally i guess.. esp on SP

i just don't understand the problem with ts damage.. there are for sure better farming chars than TW, TS isn't any good vs purify bosses, i dont see where it's gamebreaking, because i don't see how it makes high end ubers trivial. so mayb it's best xazax killer or whatever. so what? and sure it can farm dunc and do a lot of bosses with cheap gear, it's not that big of a problem tbh. i think so many ppl play it now (not even sure how many since im on sp myself) just because it's fresh combined with the fact that it's good, in 1-2 ladders not that many people will play it i'm sure. ofc more people will play it than ladders before current one because it's actually good now, duh, but it won't be as much as current one i guarantee 100%
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Aspirine101 wrote: there are for sure better farming chars than TW, TS isn't any good vs purify bosses,

Hohol pls.
You do not see the bigger picture or just choose to ignore it. Not sure which is worse. BUT. The char that one shots anything (except purify boss) in game is not best farming char ? Farming - killing a lot of stuff on screen which treewarden does very fast and very efficient. Most of the chars you use are taking longer path > getting to max lvl > getting medium/end gears + charms > farming tricky ubers like duncraig or fauzt. In this case treewarden has a lot of advantages. Honestly game gets boring really fast when everything dies on touch. Might be fun for new players to feel godly in the game.