Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
the treewarden was always viable with or without thorn strike . there are now 3 ways to play a treewarden instead of 2 .

pummel used to (multi) hit in a circle , stunning opponents + triggering procs "on attack" . Thorn strike multihits in a cone shape , just in front of the character , does not trigger "on attack" . the viable procs "after kill" and "on striking" are not so many out there + they are not so easy to get .

it's the reason why Pummel was replaced in the first place , as it was overpowered .

so how is Thorn strike better than pummel ? O-)

thorn strike is fine as it is , no need for nerfing , as that would make it crapy again .
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
ChuckNoRis wrote:so how is Thorn strike better than pummel ? O-)

I'm guessing Thorn Strike hits more than Pummel? Everyone says mobs die in 1-2 hits so stun isn't really a valid argument. Maybe no on-attack procs is a loss of dps but any decent wep with on-striking can make up for that.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
it hits more in front , but does not make up for not being able to hit all around , as pummel did . when you get swarmed from all sides you start feeling some pain .

about the number of hits needed , it all depends on the /players setting (and the gear) , so since on TSW you can't increase the /players count (iirc) , it's no wonder that on /players 1 everything dies very fast .

at very best should they be considered equal . my 2 cents . it's ok to have different oppinions .

also , i believe that not many tried Pummel before saying that Thorn strike is better.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
I don't think its appropriate to form an opinion of a build based on /players x. Build viability should always be based on p1, why would you even consider anything else? I've leveled 2 Treewardens so far and there aren't enough areas where "swarmed from all sides" happens for it to be a concern. The only notable places are Fauzt and Vizjun and Idol of Scosglen slows the whole screen by 50%+ depending on gear/charms. Defense does seem shitty for it being a "melee" build but that has nothing to do with the skills, and Thorn Strike provides more defense by dispatching enemies before they can reach melee range.
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
ChuckNoRis wrote:the treewarden was always viable with or without thorn strike . there are now 3 ways to play a treewarden instead of 2 .

pummel used to (multi) hit in a circle , stunning opponents + triggering procs "on attack" . Thorn strike multihits in a cone shape , just in front of the character , does not trigger "on attack" . the viable procs "after kill" and "on striking" are not so many out there + they are not so easy to get .

it's the reason why Pummel was replaced in the first place , as it was overpowered .

thorn strike is fine as it is , no need for nerfing , as that would make it crapy again .

You're right, I'd say Pummel is better even than current thornstrike for farming (k3k ta dunc whatever) because of better aoe + stun but current thorn strike is by far better for bosses
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
well if you go farming , most of the time you would want to increase the player count in order to have more drops (no-drop chance reduced) + in the normal game you would want to gain more xp faster . i set /players 8 every time before leaving the camp at level 1 and only reduce the player count after reaching 120 or when doing the BRC + the very hard ubers where you only go there for the charm .

i suppose than on MP it's always /players 1 , that's why so many complain about the drops all the time since always

Aspirine101 wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:the treewarden was always viable with or without thorn strike . there are now 3 ways to play a treewarden instead of 2 .

You're right, I'd say Pummel is better even than current thornstrike for farming (k3k ta dunc whatever) because of better aoe + stun but current thorn strike is by far better for bosses
totaly agree
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
There isn't anything wrong with the current xp rates and I'd rather kill more enemies/hr with p1 rates than at a slower speed with more reduced chance of no drop. If you wanna discuss mp though come play chuck, otherwise don't. I don't know why you even mention drops since you don't farm. You have friends that give you stashes remember?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
not farming countless hours for gear does not mean i don't play at all . for me the players 1 setting is not making it very exciting . being able to 1-shot stuff is not the fun i seek in this game .
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Did you even level a treewarden in the new patch? How many of those Xis runes on your new guide are self-farmed? Be honest.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i have level 2 treewardens since 1.1 till now , while the xis runes are in the stash since M2017 so why should i get more of them ? unless there's a new wipe coming i only go for testings in ubers , not for farm
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.