What ubers do you refuse or choose not to do?

Discuss Median XL!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Now that I can't teleport in any of the Yshari levels anymore, I chose not to do it. It's simply too anoying to not be able to teleport as a character who depends on totems.

I still have the yshari sets on my other character but I chose not use them as that would be twinking. So if you're getting the sets from another character, you can fight the boss on a different character as well. It makes no sense fighting with a summoner~. I'll just have to accept that it's impossible to do now for my build.

Same goes for Baal and thus BPR. There's no way a summoner can kill him. He simply spawns too many monsters. I tried killing him with a melee spec and appropriate gear but I couldn't even scratch him before I died despite having 900k+ defense and 14k life, 300+ life on attack and around 20 k damage. It's simply too anoying for a far too bad reward. (BPR charm basically only gives stats for a summoner. NN)
Edited by HechtHeftig 6 years.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
And that's why you optimize for ubers, all characters can do all ubers, but not all builds. Not sure what you were expecting
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
HechtHeftig wrote:Now that I can't teleport in any of the Yshari levels anymore, I chose not to do it. It's simply too anoying to not be able to teleport as a character who depends on totems.

I still have the yshari sets on my other character but I chose not use them as that would be twinking.

Same goes for Baal and thus BPR. There's no way a summoner can kill him. He simply spawns too many monsters. I tried killing him with a melee spec and appropriate gear but I couldn't even scratch him before I died despite having 900k+ defense and 14k life, 300+ life on attack and around 20 k damage. It's simply too anoying for a far too bad reward. (BPR charm basically only gives stats for a summoner. NN)

Would rathmas chosen totem spec help at all? I haven't bothered getting past destruction a3 on my necro since hes purely for farming and transferred charms from holy melee.
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
RandomOnions wrote:And that's why you optimize for ubers, all characters can do all ubers, but not all builds. Not sure what you were expecting

Holy melee can do everything easily.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
RandomOnions wrote:And that's why you optimize for ubers, all characters can do all ubers, but not all builds. Not sure what you were expecting

I know that. But what use is it making a guide for a summoner and just respec everytime there is a hurdle you can't overcome with the current build? Wouldn't that be like: Hey look I have a completely useless build, now try it! If you only have to get 1-2 items without respeccing to overcome it, it's no problem. But respeccing + getting a complete new set of gear and still not being able to do it is a failure in my opinion. What use is it adding a (for example) melee nec guide into a summoner guide? That's too much work for too little reward.

And I already said that I accepted that there are some ubers I simply can't do with that build. Same goes for many other ubers not only yshari and Baal. But that's not necessarily important because my build is for newbies, who want to have a farm character without much effort and it works well without those 2 charms.

I just find it sad, especially in case of Yshari because that was really fun even if the reward wasn't that great. And Concerning BPR: well, that build doesn't require many + stats so as I said it's no problem to just not do him at all. The charm is simply useless for my build hence there's no reason to do it.

EDIT:
DeanLew wrote:Would rathmas chosen totem spec help at all? I haven't bothered getting past destruction a3 on my necro since hes purely for farming and transferred charms from holy melee.

I doubt it, but I'll try it out.
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
uldy, boring, annoying, time wasting, 0 skills bonus => GG bye
potapo_gourouni
Azure Drake
174 | 8
Never did and probably i'll never do Uldy, Witch, Void, Yshari, Brachy (Xazaz now?)and Laz because theyfeel too much time consuming to me.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
chickenfeeder wrote:uldy, boring, annoying, time wasting, 0 skills bonus => GG bye

Don't worry. Next patches all charms will has roll from 0 to x bonus to all skills for more frustrating :lol:
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
ye and like it isnt frustating enough, my yshari charm has 0 + skills and my ureh charm has +1 pal skill....
chickenfeeder
Grubber
322 | 0
potapo_gourouni wrote:Never did and probably i'll never do Uldy, Witch, Void, Yshari, Brachy (Xazaz now?)and Laz because theyfeel too much time consuming to me.

yshari only consumes time in the 'sets gathering' stage, the boss fight would take 15 mins at most if ur pc doesnt lag like my laptop. Brachy is much easier than its own old version, can be done in less than 10 mins.

About Laz... this guy both confuses and upsets me cuz I dont know for sure whether each totem heals him for 4% like astrogay's or 100%. Tried doing him a few days ago, things went smoothly, took 2/3 his hp, then boom he healed to full, managed to take him to half once more and he healed to full again. But I was pretty sure that I killed many totems near him (unavoidable thing u must do to clear in order to continue the fight) and he didnt heal that much. Even tried killing totems right next to him, he didnt heal to full either. Really confusing :lol: Anyway got his charm. Tbh if u can do uldy, every purify uber becomes easy.