Discuss Median XL!
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Dual claw is not dead budy...people just don't enjoy it cause it's not easy to play.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
after years of bugged dual wield skills , they finaly got to a point where they were actualy working a few patches ago , then , instead of keeping them viable , they got kinda screwed in the recent patches . :drama:
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
romanN1 wrote:Dual claw is not dead budy...people just don't enjoy it cause it's not easy to play.

I mean I am running a shield right now and it really doesn't add THAT much. I am using the
The Doom Gong of Xiansai
The Doom Gong of Xiansai
Aspis (Sacred)

Defense: (3146 - 3539) to (3672 - 4131)
Chance to Block: 5%
(Assassin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 550
Required Dexterity: 559
Item Level: 105
2% Chance to cast level 12 Thunder Slam on Melee Attack
1% Base Block Chance
Adds (10 to 40)-(50 to 100) Damage
(10 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
20% to Dexterity
Socketed (4)
which has a nice LAEK. It certainly changes a lot when my gear is not that high end but I can definitely see dual claw working. The issue becomes the defense but if I manage to get rly high LAEK with some HP and DR, it should work out just fine!
romanN1
Core Lord
397 | 34
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Highest laek you can get is from blood bath ;). And for claw sin i would recomend using the gauntlet.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Dual wielding is extremely limited in D2. The easiest way to explain it is - remember the D2 dual wield barb skills? Double Swing, Frenzy, WW - those are the only skills that can ever be true dual wielding skills. You cannot add missiles to any of those skills, which means they will never have good aoe (Windform) or single target and can only be used to apply buffs to your char (Blood Hatred).

Skills like death gaze, iron spiral and noctule were broken since their introduction not only because they didn't proc and grant offensive stats from the off hand, but also because they never actually hit with the off hand despite playing the double attack animation on your character.

So essentially, it's impossible to make good skills by Median standards and have them be true dual wield. This is why dual wield support for the assassin has been completely dropped and on the barbarian it has been shifted to actually provide a benefit (using all melee skills simultaneously). Of course a weapon equipped in your off hand is still a stat stick which provides some, but not all of its, stats so if you feel like that is superior to a shield for your assassin build you are free to go for it.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
iwansquall wrote:it is crippled without reason, but d2 engine have problem with hard-coded animation thingy

i remember laz mention that if you try to do dual-wield + median super speed, some attack might not trigger properly because animation got skip.
additionally you cant make skill work flawless between dual-wield (like batstrike) without some problem (batstrike 1hand strike is way slower than 1hand normal attack)

Bat strike attack speed was fixed