Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Fumbles wrote:Then why focus on farming items that aren't as good and are harder to find? On a side not, that set is op af. 75% slow target, 50%+ cb, 250aa, 60% poison pierce and bane?

Yeah Cinadide has some serious stats besides stupid fire procs. I like mostly because of Bane and 50% cb. No cares about 60% poison pierce cuz you can get pierce easily with crafts.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
DeanLew wrote:Even if rws/crafts/su may be better and way easier to get it doesn't change the fact that this set has all the highest bases possible and is extremely hard to get because of it.

That's how the game is. You want them to change entire items because one player gets bored cause he can't seem to find specific drops?

If I could, I'd change the lottery so I could win every time and be rich. Can't get everything you want on command.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
So... nobody talked about the increased droprates of previously rare items? The base items you're complaining about have had a significant increase in droprate. So the argument "every piece of the set is the rarest of it's slot" has become slightly more invalid than 2 ladders ago, considering that some items now drop twice as often than before.
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
L H wrote:
DeanLew wrote:Even if rws/crafts/su may be better and way easier to get it doesn't change the fact that this set has all the highest bases possible and is extremely hard to get because of it.

That's how the game is. You want them to change entire items because one player gets bored cause he can't seem to find specific drops?

If I could, I'd change the lottery so I could win every time and be rich. Can't get everything you want on command.

That isn't even the point or relevant. No set should be so damn rare and be a 1/5 to roll the one you want. Farming k3k for a month and you may not even get it and then comes the next ladder anyways.. Even finding an ancient armor sacred rare is hard
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
The point is: complaining solves nothing unless its a valid complaint. As Hecht already explained, drop rates were rebalanced to allow for rarer base items to drop more frequently.

Your main issue is that you're farming K3K. Sure, it has a "set drop bias" but farming it is terrible in comparison to TA which has high density and fairly quick to farm, without having to worry about being slowed or shield totems. Duncraig has a sacred bias too. I farmed Duncraig for almost two months straight a couple seasons ago trying to find a Stormblade for my pouncesin and never found one. One guy the next ladder found two within couple days of eachother. It's all RNG. Suggestion is to just play TSW where you can trade for pieces that you need that desperately.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1493 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
im sure it is only made some class specific gear more easier to find outside duncraig while duncraig will have less biased on specific gear.

im personally favor any method that make each hours you spent in game should carry you forward toward your next item progression, directly or indirectly.
if you are playing solo without trading, chance are you will be finding a lot of "dead item" that dont carry you forward once you already reached 500 eaten signets.

d3 kinda solve this with more crafting recipe in kanai cube, poe have advanced crafting for rich people with super expensive orb (or there is even way to create item from scratch to powerful rare).
Median do have several method for progression, but there are a lot emphasize on getting lucky and spending more time.

Maybe we do need some higher crafting reagent above signet (like enchanting crystal) but at least IMO, it should be somewhere between early-mid endgame stuff (i already mentioned this in suggestion like many time before).

But again, I havent spent much time on current 1.1.3 patch so I have zero idea on what progression / hour you get from median, but usually I stopped playing once I felt the game is too grindy to be fun.
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
L H wrote:The point is: complaining solves nothing unless its a valid complaint. As Hecht already explained, drop rates were rebalanced to allow for rarer base items to drop more frequently.

Your main issue is that you're farming K3K. Sure, it has a "set drop bias" but farming it is terrible in comparison to TA which has high density and fairly quick to farm, without having to worry about being slowed or shield totems. Duncraig has a sacred bias too. I farmed Duncraig for almost two months straight a couple seasons ago trying to find a Stormblade for my pouncesin and never found one. One guy the next ladder found two within couple days of eachother. It's all RNG. Suggestion is to just play TSW where you can trade for pieces that you need that desperately.

I mean.. Why even have k3k then? I mean yeah sp right now is bad since I want a specific set but if I didn't want it just to have I could be using crafts which I already have all sacred rare bases for. If I didn't want the set then there would be no point in playing MP.
iamq1803
Heretic
408 | 45
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
It's all about luck. Cinadide is good for mid-game only imo.
Be patient plz, try to farm other spots (Tran Athulua, Cows, Fauzt...) or use other better options. Man up and stop complaining.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Actually iwansquall, no. The chances of ancient armor have been increased from 0,23 to 0,46%.
Greaves, Plated Belz and Gauntlets have a 1,82% Chance to drop.
And the chance for it to be a sacred item has been increased to 20,68% from 16,67%. So it's even more than twice as likely to find s sacred ancient armor