In a bit of a cross road..

Discuss Median XL!
deha88
Skeleton
3 | 0
Im tired of the trap rat already.. looking to make a new character to make my main. I am in a toss up between Barb and Pally, was wanting to get some community input on what one I should do. If you could explain your answer with what you suggest that would be great. If this is the wrong place to start this conversation then please delete.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
why do you need other people to tell you what to do ? pick one and play it . it's that simple .
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Don't mind cucknorris, he is rude
Try barb :D
Aspirine101
Lesbimale™
374 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
nonono

try treewarden cuz its sooooooooooooooooo op extremely unbalanced cheating godmode 1 shot class can 1 shot all boss 600 hits per second 750% wdm thorn striek
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
75% wdm, otherwise correct
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
For paladin, holy melee is pretty strong. Solar Flare no longer has a cool down and duration was improved to 10 seconds so retaliate is awesome. Divine Judgement is a newer skill to the tree and is likely the most popular skill this patch.

For barb, Iron Spiral and Deathgaze were both buffed with the intention of improving aoe. Barb is already tanky so this should be a good choice. The throw barb and summoner are strong too.

Thorn Strike was buffed this patch, making the treewarden way more viable than the initial 1.1 patch. Its fun to play and wouldn't require leveling a new character.
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
I agree with melee barb using iron spiral. It's pretty fun
KratosTheAxeman
Pit Knight
101 | 3
My vote is on Melee Barb, got a great deal accomplished with mine. You can get both axe and sword skills if you dual-wield, but I'd recommend sword and shield. Whirlwind made a lot of Ubers significantly easier with life-on-hit, and I personally got mediocre defense without a shield. Barb also has Nephilim Spirit, gives you a great deal of rainbow damage. Though I haven't used Paladin since XVI, and that was Unholy Melee, so I can't vouch for how bad/awesome Paladin is.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:why do you need other people to tell you what to do ? pick one and play it . it's that simple .

He didn't ask what to play. He asked for input on other's opinions for barb vs paladin. Not everyone is all-knowing as a new player. Cut him some slack and let him hear from others what they found successful.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
i suggest finish the druid. The best way to learn this game is to stick with a character and try to figure out how to finish the charms. When you feel stuck that is the exact time where you shouldnt quit and instead try to figure out how to overcome the challenge.

edit: you might need to respec to caster or some other spec to finish the charms you are having issues with.