Stance on LMB

Discuss Median XL!
Kruskin
Invader
9 | 0
Hi,

I'm a new player and yes I know this is an old topic that has been come back to multiple times. I found the AHK and Xbutton workarounds but these do not provide the same gameplay experience. I am playing single player and I would like to make this personal modification to the game, but I need instructions if anyone is able to provide them for me please. To be clear, I want one of two things: Allow stances on LMB or make holding left click with melee ability have same behavior as right click.

I really look forward to diving in to this content and I appreciate any help you can provide.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Kruskin wrote:Hi,

I'm a new player and yes I know this is an old topic that has been come back to multiple times. I found the AHK and Xbutton workarounds but these do not provide the same gameplay experience. I am playing single player and I would like to make this personal modification to the game, but I need instructions if anyone is able to provide them for me please. To be clear, I want one of two things: Allow stances on LMB or make holding left click with melee ability have same behavior as right click.

I really look forward to diving in to this content and I appreciate any help you can provide.

Have you tried the swapping button from left to right from windows mouse options? (for left handed people) that might even work

Edit: I just tried it out, it works, only downside is that now you also have to right click instead of left click for menus etc which is weird. But well, u can right click now instead of left click with barbarian.
Kruskin
Invader
9 | 0
Just tried this, but it doesn't solve my issue. What I'm trying to do is get the right-click behavior where I don't need to press shift or spam clicks. When you have a melee skill on RMB and then you click/hold RMB it will move you around and attack whatever gets in your way. That is what I'm after, but being forced to have stances on RMB leaves my melee skills on LMB which does not have the auto-attack behavior.

Thanks for the try though!
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
Kruskin wrote:Just tried this, but it doesn't solve my issue. What I'm trying to do is get the right-click behavior where I don't need to press shift or spam clicks. When you have a melee skill on RMB and then you click/hold RMB it will move you around and attack whatever gets in your way. That is what I'm after, but being forced to have stances on RMB leaves my melee skills on LMB which does not have the auto-attack behavior.

Thanks for the try though!

Oh I see, just tested that out, but I think there's no way around that since its based on the hard coded part of the game/mod (im guessing). You cant change the stance on left click and the left click doesnt auto attack.
Hope it helps a bit.
iwansquall
Harpylisk
1492 | 71
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
auto-aiming melee skill doesnt work well with holding LMB

you probably to find / code your own auto-clicker for that.
basically it allow you to rapidly press LMB when you holding your LMB
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
iwansquall wrote:auto-aiming melee skill doesnt work well with holding LMB

you probably to find / code your own auto-clicker for that.
basically it allow you to rapidly press LMB when you holding your LMB

i think what he wants is to hold left click to attack without having to aim (like its done with right click) so im guessing an autoclick wouldnt satisfy what he wants, who knows.
Kruskin
Invader
9 | 0
Yes but it just is not the same. My understanding from the old threads I saw while googling is that they wouldn't allow this skill on LMB for balancing reasons. So I thought it was likely possible to allow stances onto LMB which would free up my RMB for melee skills.

Somnus, you're certain it cannot be modded to allow stances onto LMB?
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
Kruskin wrote:Yes but it just is not the same. My understanding from the old threads I saw while googling is that they wouldn't allow this skill on LMB for balancing reasons. So I thought it was likely possible to allow stances onto LMB which would free up my RMB for melee skills.

Somnus, you're certain it cannot be modded to allow stances onto LMB?

I'm not certain, since i have no idea about it. But after years of being that way, and some people trying to change it, it still havent changed. So i'm guessing they either dont want to be like that for balancing purposes (like you said) or its simply not possible, since hard coded into the original game (which means only whist can HACKZOR it for sigma).
Kruskin
Invader
9 | 0
Well, if it's for balance reasons, then I don't really care since I'm using single player and I won't abuse it (don't even know how since I'm so new). Thanks for the quick responses Somnus.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Great Guide Badge
Kruskin wrote:Well, if it's for balance reasons, then I don't really care since I'm using single player and I won't abuse it (don't even know how since I'm so new). Thanks for the quick responses Somnus.

Np, glad that i can help!