Discuss Median XL!
Dominusignis
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Yes I did other ubers before trying yshari and now I know it may be a good idea to open a new game before entering this area. Yeah increasing the timer itself wouldnt help of course, but maybe hourly warnings so people are aware how long they have left in this instance of the game. I personally lose track when exactly i've opened a game and if you see a 1hr warning in a long uber (duncraig if undergeared/yshari or others) then you could decide if you want to cut the loss directly or try to rush it. (Of course this is not a high priority thing i know)
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
First of all - no even single word about skill got nerfed so i was "surprised" and second thing is that it adds 2,5 axes per base lvl (5 per 2 lvls) starts from 20 and here i got 30 on base lvl 4
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
Forgot to include in patch notes & update synergy text. Number of axes is updated as is WDM.

Second of all it's not a nerf, there is a reason it's at 110% weapon damage (was 55% in 1.1).
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Defender and Protector spirits have half the attack rating as Guardians. Why?
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Is there any plans to add support for the newer version of PlugY? It would be a significant qol improvement for SP players because of some neat features that was added in the later builds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but right now there is no real incompatibility between PlugY and MXL core except for a few save functions (SaveSPPlayerCustomData and SendSaveFilesToSave), which is the case even for PlugY 10.0 anyway.
I'm totally understand that you don't want to maintain other 3rd party tools, however you already unofficially supporting PlugY. What surprises me even more, it's not a common knowledge that you can run MXL and PlugY without using D2SE considering a lot of criticism towards the latter.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
SwineFlu wrote:Is there any plans to add support for the newer version of PlugY? It would be a significant qol improvement for SP players because of some neat features that was added in the later builds. Correct me if I'm wrong, but right now there is no real incompatibility between PlugY and MXL core except for a few save functions (SaveSPPlayerCustomData and SendSaveFilesToSave), which is the case even for PlugY 10.0 anyway.
I'm totally understand that you don't want to maintain other 3rd party tools, however you already unofficially supporting PlugY. What surprises me even more, it's not a common knowledge that you can run MXL and PlugY without using D2SE considering a lot of criticism towards the latter.

Unlikely. The reason why the launcher was created was so SP as well as MP can't use cheattools to gain an advantage over the other. With sigma there will be lots of changes, like a bigger stash and higher resolution, making all those tools irrelevant and equal out the distortion between SP and MP. That will be the end of the support for Plugy, D2SE and other cheat tools.
suchbalance
Team Member
1756 | 513
Common Posting Badge
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Skill Badge
Experienced Player
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
No plans for improved PlugY support. The only person who can implement such a thing is working on more important things (Sigma).

As far as PlugY without D2SE goes, I assume you mean in the case where D2 wasn't installed from the bnet installers? If you managed to get it working standalone even with bnet D2 then please feel free to make a guide for such a setup on the forum. From my, admittedly limited, testing last summer it wasn't possible.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:Unlikely. The reason why the launcher was created was so SP as well as MP can't use cheattools to gain an advantage over the other. With sigma there will be lots of changes, like a bigger stash and higher resolution, making all those tools irrelevant and equal out the distortion between SP and MP. That will be the end of the support for Plugy, D2SE and other cheat tools.

The reason why I'm asking about the newer PlugY is because its already implemented in the MXL core, however it supports only 10.0 version (while it could support 11.02 absolutely the same way). You can call PlugY whatever you want but that's not a cheating tool, especially if you compare it to a various maphacks and resolution tools.

suchbalance wrote:As far as PlugY without D2SE goes, I assume you mean in the case where D2 wasn't installed from the bnet installers? If you managed to get it working standalone even with bnet D2 then please feel free to make a guide for such a setup on the forum. From my, admittedly limited, testing last summer it wasn't possible.

Nah, I'm talking about 1.13c installation, every single guide insists that PlugY might only work if it used together with D2SE which is not true.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
SwineFlu wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Unlikely. The reason why the launcher was created was so SP as well as MP can't use cheattools to gain an advantage over the other. With sigma there will be lots of changes, like a bigger stash and higher resolution, making all those tools irrelevant and equal out the distortion between SP and MP. That will be the end of the support for Plugy, D2SE and other cheat tools.

The reason why I'm asking about the newer PlugY is because its already implemented in the MXL core, however it supports only 10.0 version (while it could support 11.02 absolutely the same way). You can call PlugY whatever you want but that's not a cheating tool, especially if you compare it to a various maphacks and resolution tools.

Depends on the definition of cheating you‘re using I guess. IMHO everything that makes the game itself easier is cheating (like stat re-allocation without the need of a belladonna). However things that just improve the quality of life like unlimited stash and item drop notifier isn‘t cheating imho because it doesn‘t affect the game itself. The difference is that with stat re-allocation you always get the max out of your build (directly affecting the game) while item drop notifier only shows what‘s already there when sometimes you wouldn‘t see it because of too much clutter on the ground (indirectly affecting the game). In that case the first thing would be a cheat, and the latter would be a tool.

But seriously. Whatever. This is just my opinion/ definition of cheating.
Dreamhunter
Grubber
340 | 11
HechtHeftig wrote:
SwineFlu wrote:

Depends on the definition of cheating you‘re using I guess. IMHO everything that makes the game itself easier is cheating (like stat re-allocation without the need of a belladonna). However things that just improve the quality of life like unlimited stash and item drop notifier isn‘t cheating imho because it doesn‘t affect the game itself. The difference is that with stat re-allocation you always get the max out of your build (directly affecting the game) while item drop notifier only shows what‘s already there when sometimes you wouldn‘t see it because of too much clutter on the ground (indirectly affecting the game). In that case the first thing would be a cheat, and the latter would be a tool.

But seriously. Whatever. This is just my opinion/ definition of cheating.

on point, you should allocate your status points carefully (there is belladonna) , no need for magic reroll either and gift box, make the game interesting for new and old players so they can value every item and make use of it. Yeah rebalance is a must but that goes fine from patch to patch