Djinn
548 | 67
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I saw someone else create the same topic except it was "why you don't play median anymore" and I think it's a pretty relevant topic, but the thread got closed and archived immediately before I was able to post for some reason, probably because it was a new account.

Just wanted to share my opinion that I've been meaning to discuss for a while but only have asked other personalities (frequent streamers, longtime Median players etc) for their opinion as well and we all more less feel the same way to an extent.

The game has a major lack of infinite endgame. One of the reasons I play this game is because it isn't like your typical ARPG that forces you to farm ultra-op-endgame items for the rest of eternity to engage in challenging content. But at the same time it lacks some type of infinite endgame that doesn't involve making a new character to replay the game for the sole purpose of trying a new build/showcasing current. Instead, I want to take my current, highly geared or item proficient character to be able to challenge something greater after I get all or the majority of the charms from the Ubers. Maybe I've played this game too much but pretty much end up doing all the major content within 2 weeks. Some players take longer and pros like Ben take literally less than a week.

Content beyond the current endgame ubers is simply theorycraft but it's fun to think about very hard content that doesn't necessarily give you a charm but some kind of infinite challenge (pls don't say Hardcore)... Just my thoughts but after asking around a lot of people feel this way. The only thing I could think of was a higher difficulty. That's it. I don't what would be included in a higher difficulty and it's just a clash of opinions at this point where not many people would agree but that's fine because it's just a theorycrafted outlook on what could be intereting. I couldn't think of anything else but this game definitely needs some sort of infinite end game to keep people playing more than 1-4 weeks that does not include events outside of endgame character development like the hardcore PVP tourny. Just my thoughts and gathered opinions but wanted to know how others felt considering we all play this game for one reason or another.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Just raid molten core everyday til the end of time. No game has infinite endgame.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Eververse is best endgame.

And sorry but median's endgame is hardcore with non meta builds or just theorycrafting as you go. The journey up until a messy death is its own reward,not the destination. Softcore will only get you so far before burning out, but i dunno, that might just be me.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Prime_Evil wrote:And sorry but median's endgame is hardcore with non meta builds or just theorycrafting as you go. The journey up until a messy death is its own reward,not the destination.

Yeah that's correct. Sure with a good built you can easily get all charms in 3 nights. The real fun starts when you try to get a weak built like unholy melee pala to work.

About the sarcasm tag, is the a button for this or do you have to type it manually?
Willshaper
Grubber
339 | 30
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Nitz wrote:
Prime_Evil wrote:And sorry but median's endgame is hardcore with non meta builds or just theorycrafting as you go. The journey up until a messy death is its own reward,not the destination.

Yeah that's correct. Sure with a good built you can easily get all charms in 3 nights. The real fun starts when you try to get a weak built like unholy melee pala to work.

About the sarcasm tag, is the a button for this or do you have to type it manually?

I haven't found a button for it, but you can use the color menu and choose the blue #0080FF color, which is near the middle in the top row.

That one has the same color as the Sarcasm tag

This is with the tag.

This is with the color picker.
aguni
Rust Claw
80 | 10
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Probably about a month, which is coming up on us now.

For me to play longer the loot endgame needs to be less circular, that is, pretty soon I get wise to the fact that the only reason there is to farm all the best items is to make my character better at farming all the best items. It's only self-perpetuating for so long. In LoD a big motivation for finding rare gear was kitting out for PvP which was surprisingly fun. I prefer TSW to SP but it's still pretty much a single player game, now with trading. The screen is already enough of a clusterfuck with just my skills and procs going off that I don't much feel like playing with others beyond cow runs. And there's the odd multiplayer-unfriendly skill like Bear Stance ruining any ranged class's day.

As for the quest endgame, most ubers can be done with crafted or TU gear or common runewords. The ones that require some special prep also happen to be some of the most frustrating quests and fights in gaming, so by the time I finish I feel less rewarded and more like an abuse victim. I have no motivation to keep putting up with the utter mechanical jank that is the Void fight or to go for Uldyssian's trophy 1-1.5 hours at a time.

This game is so balanced in the direction of trolling and killing the player I'm not about to play HC but to each their own.

So that's pretty much it. For me, if the multiplayer was more fleshed out I might stick around longer. I think getting people to play this long in this state is a feat and to expect the game to hold interest much longer is way too hopeful.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Nitz wrote:About the sarcasm tag, is the a button for this or do you have to type it manually?

Yea as far as i know you have to type the tag manually.