The ChuckNoris Challenge

Discuss Median XL!
Goodkidscc
Core Lord
369 | 0
How the hell am I still in the top 10? How many people quit?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Where did my sorceress go? Why isn‘t she included in the list? I said I will continue playing. I only stopped streaming.
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
HechtHeftig wrote:Where did my sorceress go? Why isn‘t she included in the list? I said I will continue playing. I only stopped streaming.

because you used tag wrong and named it CNC_Reanimatrix instead of CNC-Reanimatrix
I'll rename her so she'll appear
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
aahz wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Where did my sorceress go? Why isn‘t she included in the list? I said I will continue playing. I only stopped streaming.

because you used tag wrong and named it CNC_Reanimatrix instead of CNC-Reanimatrix
I'll rename her so she'll appear

Oh. :oops: thank you aahz!

As for my progress: I play reanimator sorc with Arcane Torrent/ Flamestrike. I'm lvl 28 now and I don't think I've ever used Arcane torrent. Flamestrik just does way more damage with less investment. So until I had access to mana sweep, I used the 1 point immersion to kill enemies instead of Arcane torrent as soon as I was low on mana. Now with Mana sweep, I only spam flamestrike until I'm oom then cast mana sweep, which kills everything 1 hit. The points in Arcane torrent seem rather wasted for now.

Concerning items: I got a staff of roses early on and kept using it. The reanimates and laek helps me survive much better than with the recommended items (staff of roses is merely a on-switch item for this build but already is a lot better than
Circe

Circe
Sorceress Orbs

'RhalArc'
Runeword Level: 100
+3 to All Skills when using an Apple
+3% Bonus to Spell Focus
+44% to Lightning Spell Damage
+44% to Poison Spell Damage
+24 to Bloodlust
(61 to 75)% to Energy
Fire Resist +40%
, which is only good for pre-buffing with bloodlust.) I gotta see how this turn out but atm the recommended items don't seem so good especially since I don't use arcane torrent yet.
Nogonoma1
Acid Prince
48 | 1
HechtHeftig wrote:Concerning items: I got a staff of roses early on and kept using it. The reanimates and laek helps me survive much better than with the recommended items (staff of roses is merely a on-switch item for this build but already is a lot better than
Circe

Circe
Sorceress Orbs

'RhalArc'
+3% Bonus to Spell Focus
+24 to Bloodlust
(61 to 75)% to Energy
Fire Resist +40%
, which is only good for pre-buffing with bloodlust.) I gotta see how this turn out but atm the recommended items don't seem so good especially since I don't use arcane torrent yet.

Isnt this the whole point of the challenge? Sticking to what the guide says?
I am Not happy with a throwing axe as summoner either...
But such is life :D

(And i would also prefer the staff in your case...)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Nogonoma1 wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Concerning items: I got a staff of roses early on and kept using it. The reanimates and laek helps me survive much better than with the recommended items (staff of roses is merely a on-switch item for this build but already is a lot better than
Circe

Circe
Sorceress Orbs

'RhalArc'
+3% Bonus to Spell Focus
+24 to Bloodlust
(61 to 75)% to Energy
Fire Resist +40%

Isnt this the whole point of the challenge? Sticking to what the guide says?
I am Not happy with a throwing axe as summoner either...
But such is life :D

(And i would also prefer the staff in your case...)

Well, since I'm still low level I'd say that arcane torrent simply isn't that useful yet- which can ofc change. The thing is, I can survive a few hits rather easy now, so the delay of Flamestrike isn't that much of a hassle. But later on, you probably need the instant damage from Arcane torrent. And I'm sticking to the guide :D I use the recommended items, I skill the way I'm supposed to and I spend my statpoints as told. I just don't use the exact same strategy yet, which is fine as this will most likely change deeper in the game.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
cheaters :wall:
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Nogonoma1 wrote:Already transitioned to Mid-Game Skillplan since Stampede is absolut useless and Thunderslam gives at least some decent defensive option.
so let me get this straight . you play a summoner character that most of the time stays behind his summons/"pounces" along with them (spirit walk) , you get a shitload of damage via shamanic trance (15% per hard point into the spirit tree (which alone provides more weapon damage boost than you could ever get by using any stance ) , yet , throwing some heavy damage stampedes (not counting the bloodlust boost from the Protectors) from behind your summons is being absolute useless ? since when ? what game are you playing ? jessus :facepalm:

also , your defence is absolute crap , so your only option is to stay behind the army of summons . why would you go in a melee approach ? you got a death wish ?

his attack rating may not be great but he hits above 50% chance to hit even at full STR .

@HechtHeftig you will be a lot more happier about arcane torrent once you get further into the acts and see fire immunes everywhere you go . it is normal to feel better on act 1 about flamestrike since there are no immunes and your points int energy and arcane torrent are not doing so much damage at that point .
Nogonoma1
Acid Prince
48 | 1
ChuckNoRis wrote:his attack rating may not be great but he hits above 50% chance to hit even at full STR.

Maybe you play a different Game but there is nowhere close to 50% hitchance.
And yes, the defence of this build is shit, thank you. Always makes spirit walk feel like Kamikaze.
And btw, you are in meelee range after spiritwalk or am i also wrong concerning the thunderslam...

Edit : your own guide says there is no decent attack rating. YOUR own words..
weird
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
if your both weapons are lucky upgraded and the crafts are rolled with some flat stats modiffier , it goes above 50% in terror , also once you get some charms it goes above 50% on destruction too . colosseum debuff also helps a bit here (-100% enemy defence) . you just have to pick between t-slam and stampede .

you can just play as full summoner as the miniguide says , without doing anything else . but then you just sit and look how the minions do all the work . wouldn't you want to feel like you take part of the action ? would you not want to do something with all that weapon damage boost ? since going melee is not an option , this 1-pointer stampede is the best you can do , unless you want to turn the build into the Magician and go caster .

you just have to pick between t-slam and stampede (stun the screen every few seconds/deal some damage while the summons tank) . it's your choice regarding how you want to play , just as a summoner / do some action yourself . hitting a t-slam once in a while is not the same as attacking with iceburst for example . you just have to hit and run

the challenge however does not allow you to keep stampede unfortunately , but if this wasn't so strict you could keep 2 points into the throw tree and have it as an option . i am sorry about this . i will edit the miniguide regarding this after the challenge will be finished

but since you say that t-slam is suiting you better , you should be fine