MXL 1.3/Temporary Sigma Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Talic wrote:Just curious, is ANCIENT BLOOD skill fixed or not.

Or it is going to be me again, sth on my side that will prevent me from using it.

Though doesn't matter, once I am able to reset the skills will check it.

What you mean by that? Its passive skill so if you invest points on tree you gain bonuses, also if problem is with oskill from Hellfire then if you are using it on barb who invested also in that tree then you gain only +3 from that runeword.
lubronbrons
Banned
23 | 0
this is so discouraging...
here is the story
I downloaded launcher,
after that... I click button Install in launcher (download starting -- )
when it is done, I noticed I CAN't play my D2 anymore :( Holy COW !
and sorry I forgot to printscreen the error message, and I don't wanna go through THAT again
because of that
I reinstall my Diablo 2 fresh and patch it and set up the default mpq I frequently use and everything else (I play Perfect Drop Mod as my main)
now I can play D2 again, but I just don't feel right (am unable to recreate my last setup) and I do not know what causing it after that Error :-]
so....
I have suggestions :

- please make the installation can CHOOSE auto-install or manual extract in launcher, don't force it install like this because it replace several important DLL files and it replace current patch MPQ file which is NOT good idea I think... PLUS it just replacing it without ANY warning (luckily I happen not doing mpq modding when this Error happen..... if I happen to, that is BAD pretty BAD means all of my efforts would be lost -- phew)

- please include changelog no matter how small the changes is (a pop up open txt file maybe??), I just happen searching changelog 1.3.1 but CAN'T found it anywhere, and I asked it in Discord -- they said --> I don't think 1.3.1 had a changelog?, I think it was just assumed to be "bug fixes", It's buried in the 1.3 release topic. 1.3.1 fixed bear stance desc, neph spirit and empy having 100% singularity proc.

well...
Thanks for making this great mod for us
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
should copy your d2 folder first. that's usually standard when trying to play new versions of mods
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:VK is still useless since he still dies too often compared to VA. And having 1 VK dead basically means you have to die at least 3 times in order to kill that bastard even though your army has 40k+ life each. Still annoying mechanic --> still useless in endgame. Its benefits still don't outweigh its drawbacks.

I'm pretty much done with Summoner nec for this reason, and definitely won't be playing anymore this patch. I've commented on this issue more times than I care to remember, for as long as I can remember, and it hasn't been addressed. It's clear SB has no intention of doing anything about this stupid design.

Summoner Necro's are slower than every active build by a longshot, they are terrible farmers because of how slow they are (not even counting the resummoning every game), terrible at endgame, suck at farming charms. Farming the recommended shrines without resorting to trades or friends is unrealistic (and I spend far more time on arpg's than the average person). It's just bullshit at this point.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
feedback for the feedback thread :

i've been heavy testing the barbarians in the past days , so about the new changes :

1. forcing 6 points into the main aoe kill skills is not helping at all , it's just annoying . besides the fact that you now need 6 points instead of 1 there is no other difference , which is easy achievable since late act 1/early act 2 hatred . it's not like you have balanced something with this change , you just made us waste 5 points . having them timerless for the first act is not gamebreaking or something as the part untill being able to invest 6 points into a skill takes just a bit of time , so i realy don't know what were you real intentions ... just to have 5 less points to spend from where it matters ? is this just about tooning down the barb ?

if you want to make those (melee) skills less than 1-pointers then you should try heavy boosting the benefits per hard point and remove the benefits gained from soft points entirely .
example : Death Gaze adds 150 cold damage to weapon per hard point . ice burst pierces 3% per hard point + the burst range increases per hard point . etc

give us good reasons for wasting points there . at the moment we don't have many ...

2. Rebound is finaly working as intended . big thumbs up here . i haven't enjoyed Rebounding this much ever since before Laz decided to switch the mechanics of it and Ricochet about 10 years ago . the skill description however is not ok , it adds 2 axes per hard point , not 2 axes per 2 hard points .

3. Bear Stance will be less loved from now on . i'm not sure if this was your intention , but if it was , then it's working .

it makes no sense having it on in Hatred since most (if not all) builds can go head first into action with crapy gear , without needing that extra DR boost and defense boost , this way picking another damage source is more suitable until the things get tough , so investing in a damage dealing stance makes more sense in early game . Respec does the trick : example -> you pick Lion stance for the extra damage and kill speed boost in Hatred since you must invest into STR anyway in order to wear the gear -> you respec to bear on terror when things get hard and need more tanking on the way to get some of the charms and better gear -> respec to something else in end game , while Bear stance stays as 1-pointer granting 21%DR and some good %TCD (from soft points) to use for few situations .

my 2 cents .
Edited by ChuckNoRis 5 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Heathen wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:VK is still useless since he still dies too often compared to VA. And having 1 VK dead basically means you have to die at least 3 times in order to kill that bastard even though your army has 40k+ life each. Still annoying mechanic --> still useless in endgame. Its benefits still don't outweigh its drawbacks.

I'm pretty much done with Summoner nec for this reason, and definitely won't be playing anymore this patch. I've commented on this issue more times than I care to remember, for as long as I can remember, and it hasn't been addressed. It's clear SB has no intention of doing anything about this stupid design.

Summoner Necro's are slower than every active build by a longshot, they are terrible farmers because of how slow they are (not even counting the resummoning every game), terrible at endgame, suck at farming charms. Farming the recommended shrines without resorting to trades or friends is unrealistic (and I spend far more time on arpg's than the average person). It's just bullshit at this point.

Same for me. Won't be playing this season anymore (Sorry to all 19 members of The Swarm). All that was done to summoner necro was nerfing without a decent compensation. (Lamia heath buff is nice. But VK buff doesn't make up for any of the other changes).

And meanwhile barb still excells at everything, even summoning. Kinda grinds my gears.

Tbh, if the next patch isn't sigma, and if it doesn't make summon necro into a character that can compete with other builds WITHOUT abusing the merc, I'll probably take a break from this game.
RequiemLux
Sand Maggot
1125 | 288
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
MO that increases maximum damage gets registered on the weapon damage but not in the affixes
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
now that bear stance is no longer a no brainer the no ranged skills thingy can probably be removed so you can use it in MP without fucking up your friends playing ranged chars, same for the pierce undead phys immunity that's just used to cheese k3k
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I disagree. Each stance has it's own specific use. Remove the ranged lockout ability and now your party of casters and squishy ranged char is walking around with capped DR and high defense for no penalty.

Just cause the damage was removed doesn't mean the stance is useless.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Gekko64 wrote:now that bear stance is no longer a no brainer the no ranged skills thingy can probably be removed so you can use it in MP without fucking up your friends playing ranged chars, same for the pierce undead phys immunity that's just used to cheese k3k

you could still fuck up everyone with Lion stance.

Having a penalty isnt't that much of an issue, especially as barb, who has multiple sources for defense.