Thanks for taking the time to respond. But don't lie, you enjoyed picking on me.
Also, sorry for posting another wall of text.
Before I begin, I need to clarify a few things, because it seems some of what I wrote was misinterpreted.
- At no time did I ever say a build was “unplayable.” However, to be fair, I will admit to overreacting to how these changes affected my version of Feedback Sorc specifically.
- At no time did I ever say Melee Sorc needed Ice Elementals. In fact, I've said specifically and repeatedly that the IE nerf won't affect Melee Sorc end-game precisely because the build doesn't use any summons end-game (apparently, I need to remind Chuck of this as well). So I'll assume that specific criticism wasn't directed at me.
- At no time did I ever say Flamefront was “garbage.” In fact, at no time have I ever mentioned Flamefront. So again, I'll assume that wasn't directed at me.
- I didn't say Living Flame was a useless passive, nor did I mean to imply that. My point was that it's the weakest passive when compared to other Sorc passives paired with Frost Armor. And the points I made only apply to Living Flame in this situation.
- I didn't say Living Flame's Regen was useless, only that Sorcs themselves don't really need it because they already have access to native instaheal sources.
- I've never referred to any build as a “meme” build. Ever. So I'll assume this wasn't directed at me.
Now, on to your points specifically regarding Living Flame. I'll address them 1 by 1:
- “It drastically improves the uptime of the Witch Blood damage bonus.”
- Yes, it does, as long as you can maintain it. But I never said it didn't.
- “It provides excellent protection against deadly poison damage.”
- I absolutely agree with this, and it's one of the best things about Living Flame. But again, I never said it didn't.
- “Makes minions extremely tanky, especially so in zones with a lot of spell damage.”
- Again, I absolutely agree, and I've already said this is one of the great benefits of Living Flame. The point I was making was that Warp Armor+Snow Queen+Frost Armor was superior overall when taking other factors into account.
- “It allows you to farm very comfortably.”
- This one I sort of agree with. It just depends on where you're farming and your definition of “comfortably.”
- “Contrary to your claims it is perfectly sufficient to outregen the enemy onslaught[...]”
- The example you use is TA. And for TA specifically, I'd agree. But TA is practically an afk farm for most builds anyway, so it's hardly something to hang your hat on.
- “Btw, base defence boost? No idea where this came from.”
- I was wrong about this and I fully retract this claim. When looking at starting defense, I stupidly didn't account for the variable defense on the starting Body Armor. It just so happened that all 6 new Sorcs I created in 1.3 started with Quilted Armors with higher defense than my control Sorc from 1.2.
I sincerely mean no disrespect here, but you dismissed my post as “rubbish” while the majority of your own rebuttal consisted mostly of straw man arguments. Many of the things you brought up were points I was never arguing in the first place, so it's hard to make the claim that what I wrote was wrong when much of what I wrote was either misinterpreted or something I wasn't even arguing against. And as to the claim that those who upvoted my post are people who just “don't know any better,” that's disingenuous. For all anyone knows, they upvoted my post because they think I'm sexy (they're not wrong, ofc
To be clear, I'm not shitting on you personally, any member of the dev team, or the mod itself. I simply expressed my personal thoughts on the changes made in this patch. I'm fully aware that I don't know everything, and I'm open to having my positions challenged and my mind changed. But if and until that happens, I stand by the points I made in my previous post.
*Post edited to correct a mistake on my part.