MXL 1.3/Temporary Sigma Bugs&Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
KelpTheGreat
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I'm playing the game single-player, using the launcher. Am not using any third-party tools.

As I outlined in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21795), I've been experiencing a few quest-related gitches. I also have had another couple of issues.

1. Upon entering act 2, "The Summoner" quest starts by itself. NPCs will talk about the quest as if you've already met the summoner.

2. Upon entering act 2, Kaelan, the guard at the palace, rightly doesn't allow you entry to the palace, but his text box says "You MAY enter the palace."

3. In the Den of Evil in act 1, the map is named "underground passageway" if you hit Tab to show the full map and map info. The later underground passageway is also named this, as it should be. EDIT: I created a new character and entered the Den of Evil and it's labeled correctly. But on my other character, currently in act 2, when she travels back to act 1 and enters the Den of Evil, it's labeled Underground Passageway. Not sure why this is.

4. Some mercenaries seem to be incredibly ineffective at killing monsters, even less effective than they were in the base game.

5. It would be nice if the high-level bonus areas could have an additional warning to them besides the red text. Would have saved me a few early-game deaths. =P
Edited by KelpTheGreat 5 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Issue 5 will be resolved with (hopefully) the next patch alias sigma.

Lol @issue 4. you haven‘t tried an a3 or a5 merc, have you?

A5 merc: get some 2hand sword T6, put ed mo‘s on, and watch him roflstomp everything until terror a5.
A3 merc: just get spell damage, skills and -enem resist and watch him roflstomp everything.
A1 merc: there‘s some videos in the showcase. Some guy uploaded several videos with several setups, where the a1 merc clears dcow alone.
A2 merc: seriously, I Never use that one, but it can definitely help as a cc proc machine and tank. It attacks 3 times per attackanimation, so attack procs are great on that one.
KelpTheGreat
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:A5 merc: get some 2hand sword T6, put ed mo‘s on, and watch him roflstomp everything until terror a5.
A3 merc: just get spell damage, skills and -enem resist and watch him roflstomp everything.
A1 merc: there‘s some videos in the showcase. Some guy uploaded several videos with several setups, where the a1 merc clears dcow alone.
A2 merc: seriously, I Never use that one, but it can definitely help as a cc proc machine and tank. It attacks 3 times per attackanimation, so attack procs are great on that one.

I completely forgot you could equip your mercenaries. Maybe that's why they seem so weak...
Aaaand I don't know what a "ed mo's" is, nor a "cc proc machine". Nor do I particularly care, if we're being honest.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
KelpTheGreat wrote:I completely forgot you could equip your mercenaries. Maybe that's why they seem so weak...
Aaaand I don't know what a "ed mo's" is, nor a "cc proc machine". Nor do I particularly care, if we're being honest.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't care enough to learn the basics of the game, why should the devs care enough to consider your criticism of it?

HechtHeftig wrote:A1 merc: there‘s some videos in the showcase. Some guy uploaded several videos with several setups, where the a1 merc clears dcow alone.

:cry:
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
KelpTheGreat wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:A5 merc: get some 2hand sword T6, put ed mo‘s on, and watch him roflstomp everything until terror a5.

I completely forgot you could equip your mercenaries. Maybe that's why they seem so weak...

Ed= enhanced damage/defense
Mo= mystic orbs (the ones you can buy in every act)
Cc=crowd control like slow, stun, freeze
Proc= a chance to cast something on attack/kill/striking
Machine = machine

Do yourself a favor and try out what I told you. You‘ll be pleasantly surprised how easy the game until lvl 120 becomes. After all an a5 merc with the weapon I described and a T6 TU scale mail can easily clear tcow on his own without having to be revived (except when you encounter the cow king)

BTW you cared enough to make another post. Despite the fact that you were shown that you‘re wrong and forgot the most important thing, the equipment. So yeah I don‘t think you know your honest feelings.

@solfege oh was it you?
KelpTheGreat
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Solfege wrote:
KelpTheGreat wrote:I completely forgot you could equip your mercenaries. Maybe that's why they seem so weak...

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't care enough to learn the basics of the game, why should the devs care enough to consider your criticism of it?

I don't consider those the basics. The basics are, you click monsters to kill them, kill monsters to get stronger, so that you can kill stronger monsters. I have fun playing on normal difficulty and don't care about the intricacies of the game engine's mechanics (at least in this specific example - I've certainly been interested in other games).

I wasn't criticizing the game so much as I was attempting to report what I perceived to be some undesirable or unintended results. You'll notice that out of five points in my first post in this thread, only one of them was an actual "feedback" issue (while one was a suggestion and three others were bug reports; this is the "bugs&feedback" thread after all), and after I learned that the fault was mine, I made a post owning up to that fact. So I don't really know what you're trying to say. Are you trying to say that my unwillingness to learn unnecessary jargon invalidates the rest of my points? That seems unfair.

HechtHeftig wrote:Do yourself a favor and try out what I told you. You‘ll be pleasantly surprised how easy the game until lvl 120 becomes. After all an a5 merc with the weapon I described and a T6 TU scale mail can easily clear tcow on his own without having to be revived (except when you encounter the cow king)

Yeah, I definitely will equip my mercenaries from now on. Thanks!

HechtHeftig wrote:BTW you cared enough to make another post. Despite the fact that you were shown that you‘re wrong and forgot the most important thing, the equipment. So yeah I don‘t think you know your honest feelings.

I don't know what you mean by this. I said I thought the mercenaries were weak, you pointed out that they needed better equipment, and I agreed that I had forgotten to equip them. I can still want to equip my mercenaries with gear while still honestly not caring whether one of them is a "cc proc machine" or not, right? (And for the record, I did already know what "proc" and "machine" meant. Just not "cc". =P)
Jerrif
Prowler
16 | 4
KelpTheGreat wrote:I don't know what you mean by this. I said I thought the mercenaries were weak, you pointed out that they needed better equipment, and I agreed that I had forgotten to equip them. I can still want to equip my mercenaries with gear while still honestly not caring whether one of them is a "cc proc machine" or not, right? (And for the record, I did already know what "proc" and "machine" meant. Just not "cc". =P)

I think it was just the tone of what you said. Saying "I don't care" when someone has taken the time to answer your questions and explain something to you can come off as quite rude (dismissive of their help), even if you didn't mean it that way.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i've asked in the short questions thread but got no answer if this was a feature or a bug . i've did some searching over the forums and the old forums , found nothing , i'm guessing it's a bug so i'm posting here :

- went to do the BRC with one of my builds and the Gamma necrobot had "berserker" in his health bar . Killed it and didn't drop the brain . i guess it's one of those very rare situations when some opponent got a chance to spawn as champion or something .

skip to 1 hour and 3 minutes here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/323975914

saved and exited and went there again at 1 hour and 43 mins , it was fine . no more Berserkers

if this was already posted somewhere recently , mea culpa .
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
https://clips.twitch.tv/CourageousSilkyCardBuddhaBar

I clipped it so that we don't need to search for the exact moment. IIRC the Monster shrine not only can summon a monster, it can make normal monsters into summons. I think that is probably what happened. I don't know the mechanics of how the shrine chooses which monster to imbue, but that seems to be what happened IMO.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Nice autopick, Chuck!

Okay I just wanted to make a bad joke. I'm leaving now.