Discuss Median XL!
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Muilpeer wrote:The /nopickup command doesn't work anymore. Not sure if this is supposed to work like this but I would like to see it return :)

There is a special hotkey for it, X by default and you can change it through the game menu.
Kostetus
Balrog
139 | 1
Hotkey for Blink oskill from Pax Mystica disappears each time I save&exit, so I have to bind it again
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Feedback after I finished normal:

The playthrough until this point was too easy. Firebloods don't do nearly as much damage, nor do multilators and other enemies that usually hit hard. It's very streamlined, but sadly that also means there's not much you have to watch out for throughout the whole difficulty.

I have no issues with gold. So as far as it concerns gold, it's fine, except if you want to have more than 1 honorific. Then you have to actually farm gold, which is hard to do since only once in a while a pile drops and items in itself don't give any gold at all. Which brings me to my next point:

It's fine that items don't cost much. But the prices until this point are outright ridiculous. 12 gold for a handsomly crafted rare T2 ancient armor? This situation turned the whole gameplay around. When previously in earlier patches I at least picked up rings and amulets, now I don't pick up anything at all, because it's simply not needed (Okay I didn't pick up amulets because I found a 2 sk amulett at level 8, so let's not count in amulets, but at least let's count in rings). Gold is way more important anyway, so I find myself running after gold way more often than I go after an item that has dropped, except when it's a base item I really need. And that brings me to my next point:

Unique items overshadow rares way too much. Yes I agree that it was never different in the whole history of median. But I find myself at a point where I simply don't care about rare's at all from the very beginning. In essence what made diablo 2 diablo 2 was completely turned inside out. In cLoD you go out into the wilderness, find a GREY wand that gives +2 to raise skeleton and can make thousands with that single item! So you either use it, and it immediately strengthens your army, or you sell it and make a huge profit. It makes items feel important, right off the bat. In Sigma however, it's vice versa. You go after every single coin instead of looking out for items. Well, at least that's the first impression of normal.

What I really like thought (unexpectedly) is the removal of the ID mechanic, or rather the partly implementation. That way you can use magic items as soon as you find them. That however slows down the early levels since you do nothing else but to compare each item with each other, which brings a certain type of "item fatigue", which only strengthens what I said earlier about how I don't care about item drops anymore. In the long run though, I'm sure it's a big improvement.

And yeah my last point for now: the normal finishing screen after you kill Baal is imho really disappointing since that picture was already used. Was there nothing else you could take? And somehow that message didn't feel relevant at all. In cLoD you felt like a victor, like a badass for the legendary Decard Cain walking up to you and promoting you to "slayer" lol

So yeah, those are my first impressions. And forget my gramer mistakes. It's 2 in the morning and I'm tired as fuck
garth_hendy
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
I found a few UI issues where if you click on an NPC in town, it is triggering a dialogue interaction, but the window is not visible.

I have something similar when I went to the Pit https://imgur.com/28ugE6L it doesn't show me anything on the second level.
garth_hendy
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
I have a a few weird issues with potion slots on belts.

1: I can't manually place potions on the second row. I only have 2 rows at the moment. Shift clicking a potion sends it in to a slot though.
2: For some reason, the second slot on the top row, won't take a shift clicked potion. https://imgur.com/5kPug3f
garth_hendy
Stone Warrior
33 | 0
Not a bug, but I can't change the transparency or size/position of the overlay map. That'd be nice to bring back if possible.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
It's is impossible to know if I have namelocked a boss or not! The boss HP bar at bottom is good, but we still need small hp bar at top I think.
shibley
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I put a jewel and an 'Ith' rune into a two socketed field plate and did not get the rune word Lumen Arcana.
jorgo44
Skeleton
3 | 0
Hey guys

Just having some issues with getting in game sound to work, can only hear the ingame music, none of the actual gameplay sounds.
IppSwitch
Skeleton
2 | 0
Not sure if posted already.

When you try to put a potion in the belt (from 2nd row up), If you have the inventory screen open you cannot place potions in the belt. Only when it is closed. This makes refilling potions a real pain.

Cheers for the hard work.