Is crafting supposed to be this "difficult"?

Discuss Median XL!
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
just go terror fauzt on get 10 shrines per run if not even more. then just press dat transmute man :D
starfire09
Imp
4 | 0
itsme wrote:I don't know any numbers, but in my experience clear speed/consistency and quantity of drops are more important than drop bias. Try running cows (massive amount of enemies to slaughter) or Nihlathak (super high elite density) on Terror. Destruction Nihlathak is usually my first call for a new character, but you haven't got that far yet. You can also try Terror Fauzt although that might be too hard to be worth it. You need to do TFauzt anyway for BRC if you haven't done that yet; Blessed Life is a huge boon for Din.

Awesome sounds good! Just started Act 5, so I should be able to do Nihlathak runs soon enough. Quick question about progression: should I aim for finishing Destruction Baal, then farming for my crafted gear, then move on to some of the “Medium” difficulty Ubers? Or is there a big jump between, for example, The Infernal Machine Uber and Tran Athulua?
rumblealex
Lava Lord
96 | 90
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
starfire09 wrote:Quick question about progression: should I aim for finishing Destruction Baal, then farming for my crafted gear, then move on to some of the “Medium” difficulty Ubers? Or is there a big jump between, for example, The Infernal Machine Uber and Tran Athulua?

Destruction Baal is considered pretty challenging, and is a lot more difficult than the easy or even medium challenges. I suggest you check the Holy caster guide and scroll down a little to read up on the Uberquests section. He's got a video for each uber, so it's pretty insightful on how to proceed for each one. The easiest ubers don't require any expensive gear, and as you collect more and more charms, you'll get powerful enough to get Destruction baal down at one point.
starfire09
Imp
4 | 0
rumblealex wrote:Destruction Baal is considered pretty challenging, and is a lot more difficult than the easy or even medium challenges. I suggest you check the Holy caster guide and scroll down a little to read up on the Uberquests section. He's got a video for each uber, so it's pretty insightful on how to proceed for each one. The easiest ubers don't require any expensive gear, and as you collect more and more charms, you'll get powerful enough to get Destruction baal down at one point.

Okay cool! Maybe something like get the Worldstone Keep waypoint, then catch up on all the Uber’s that I can complete, then start the endgame grind? I’m playing SinglePlayer, so is it viable to potentially skip some crafting? Or is it pretty unfeasible to actually get the SU drops I need?

Speaking of SU’s, can you upgrade for them like you could with TU’s? Like if I get an ilvl 100 Sacred Rare scepter, can I do the upgrade recipe to turn it into the Sacred Unique that I need for my endgame build?

Sorry for all the probably dumb questions! Y’all are helping me out a ton
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
starfire09 wrote:Speaking of SU’s, can you upgrade for them like you could with TU’s? Like if I get an ilvl 100 Sacred Rare scepter, can I do the upgrade recipe to turn it into the Sacred Unique that I need for my endgame build?

No, you cant.

The only possible is to reroll (only once per item) SU's with special reagent but its kinda hard to drop needed crystal from https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/quests/wastelands#void