Another kind of summoner

Discuss Median XL!
Siriusfakk
Vampiress
38 | 0
Why don't we ever see a character guide about specialized Resurrectdins ?

I have always thought resurrect was epic in CloD, in median it is good and bad... So why hasn't anyone made a guide about it since Pallies have so many good buffs like Vindicate, Hymn, Rapture(Ressurrected ones love this) , and skills that able to support minions like: Colosseum with its insane debuffs, Black sleep so that minions dont even get hit, Slayer or Retaliate to protect your evil children, Divine Apparition...

TL DR: I would love to see a Resurrect / Caster or Resurrect / Colosseum paladin ! How about you guys :?: :?:
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Siriusfakk wrote:Why don't we ever see a character guide about specialized Resurrectdins ?
because you can't have unlimited ressurects or a capped number that would make an important difference , their number is cap'ed low and they are not worth the trouble because of that . if you could have at least 10-15 of them (1 per hard point ? ) , then yes , you could see a build arround it . right now you get more benefits from the other uberskills , regardless of which type of build you choose

about 9 or 10 years ago there was a strong build around it , mostly based on
Myrrhbearer
runeword which grants you the body of Akarat to be resurected . since then , Akarat's body was heavy nerfed , became almost unefficient to go for it (+ the fact that the max ressurects number was lowered - God knows why) , therefore Ressurect remained in a cone of shade ever since , outshined by the other 2 uberskill options ... especialy since you can have minions already since level 24 (Hoplites / Scourges ) - thing you did not have 9 or 10 years ago when the build used to shine (you had the Scourges as Ennead lvl 90 reward skill Skillplan (Paladin, 1.F9) , Blessed life was a holy passive , Plague was an uberskill ... many things were different)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
You can‘t resurrect elite enemies or any enemies that look like they could do some damage. All you can resurrect are the garbage cans like zombies from act 1 bloodmore.

Resurrect used to work on any enemy. A couple of years ago you got those broadside-like firestorm casting golems from act 5, killed akarat to have the physical version as well and then went ahead and farmed any place without lifting a finger. Now it doesn‘t work at all.

If you want a guide, go ahead and write one. I lost interest in my pure summoner/resurrector Pala on lvl 98 in act 4 terror when I noticed all I can resurrect is literally garbage.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
yes , that's also true that you can no longer ressurect many usefull mobs , but garbages or not , if you could have an army of 15-ish garbages around you , maby you could still build something decent based on it , as there's not much you can do with just 3
Gfresh
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
Hecht, I have a pair of gloves on my season 17 melee sorc that ressurects those fire golems, I'd be happy to show you. They work fine!
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
HechtHeftig wrote:You can‘t resurrect elite enemies or any enemies that look like they could do some damage.

ChuckNoRis wrote:yes , that's also true that you can no longer ressurect many usefull mobs , but garbages or not , if you could have an army of 15-ish garbages around you , maby you could still build something decent based on it , as there's not much you can do with just 3

I disagree in that I think 3 is a great number for this skill. Decent revives are indeed few and far between, so having a max of 3 eliminates needing to run around the map more than you have to (which is a serious drawback when most other builds can just join a game and gogogo).

You can also have some fairly decent ones, far outshining a1 zombies. Warforged Shamans, Plagued Dead Archers using Wyrmshot (though they did get massively nerfed and are just ok), the Vampiress outside Crystalline Passage Waypoint etc.

The problem is that they cannot be healed in any form other than NPC's, and they cannot regenerate HP at all. This means they die well before farming is over, and even if they could respawn to grab them again which they don't, its a bullshit downside to need to go wherever the fuck the decent revives are to grab them again.

Plus, any mob that has an increased mesh size, teleporting locks all your minions in place til you move, which is stupid.

They need largely increased damage and HP, and a reasonable form of regeneration. Something like 40% increased spell damage they get is pathetic. It's just laughable.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Since I made that post I actually raised a summoner Pala again. It‘s actually nearly as fast as summoner Necro even without resurrect. Anyway, the best resurrects are actually alpha centaurs (best HP and thus survivability +colosseum skill) trap rats (ridiculous damage with your vindicate) those fire golems in act 5, Irfins (or whatever those electro-type teleport on hit enemies are called in the glacial trail)

But yeah as you can see, most of them live in act 5. so meh.
Knight_Saber
Monkey King
264 | 2
Common Popularity Badge
Trap rats were always my fave resurrect targets, and do they not heal from Demon Blood aura? (Lo RW pally shield)
Heathen
Sucks at guitar!
803 | 61
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Knight_Saber wrote:Trap rats were always my fave resurrect targets, and do they not heal from Demon Blood aura? (Lo RW pally shield)

Indeed they do not.

I've a 121 palasummoner on realm, and have spent ample time theorycrafting with him, so trust me when I say there are no ways to heal Revives other than NPC.

And yes traprats are powerful revives but with weak hp, and the increased mesh size locks your minions on teleport until you move, which is a bigger issue than it initially sounds in situations where fractions of a second mean everything.
Gfresh
Jungle Hunter
26 | 2
doesnt the oskill ressurect do that?