Element Sorc Viable?

Discuss Median XL!
Nyb025
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hey guys.

So I just started up, figured I'd make a sorc for pvm and mfing. I started off ice/fire, and I am in act 2 lvl 29, and it seems like there are no skills that really give you that oomph.

Should I have gone cold light? Is there a more viable setup? Or is an element sorc really not the best route to go if I want to MF and search for gear. Thanks for any help.
Nyb025
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Someone told me to go Tempest with light...not sure what to do for a secondary
Caleb
Rust Claw
86 | 3
Hey, I think poison tree is a must have , lorenado and hive are powerfull for pvm, for the second three I would fire or light, flamestrike is a good boss killer
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
level 29 is pretty insignificant though, so you can't really draw comparisons or make suggestions on how to improve a lvl 29 sorc with no gear, especially since you haven't really encountered any bosses.

I generally will start poison/cold (lorenado for aoe, abyss for poison immunes and boss killer), with ice elementals and blade spirits to help tank damage.
Solfege
Harpylisk
1461 | 209
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
All Elemental tree combos are viable, but I agree with Caleb that Poison (Lorenado) is gonna be your best bet if you're looking for a decent farmer. Poison/Cold used to be the standard farming build, but there's not much point in choosing the Cold tree anymore now that Frost Armor is gone. Poison/Fire or Poison/Light are probably your best bets now. Poison/Lightning if you just wanna farm; Poison/Fire if you wanna kill some Uber bosses, too. Flamestrike is pretty much a 1-point wonder with Firedance up.
IVIike
Pit Knight
104 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
I started this season with a light, / cold with set. Is OK but since minus reis orbs removed its lost its fun. Go psn and you can't go wrong. There is a psn sorc guide in the guide section
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Poison/fire will give you a lot of hp thanks to both passives. Flamestrike is great for killing bosses, but don't forget about flamefront, some bosses like Xazax spawn something/cast something per tick and Flamestrike ticks A LOT, while flamefront is just one, strong missle. But what is nice about going light/something is that when you main light tree, you can go for light tree set
Elemental Children
Elemental Children
(Sorceress Lightning Set)

Elemental Clash
Elemental Fury
Elemental Spirit
Elemental Storm

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
-20% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+50 to all Attributes

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
75% Cast Speed