Good Starter Builds

Discuss Median XL!
chuk15
Thunder Beetle
51 | 2
Follow aerial's barb guide. Get all charms. Then do whatever build you feel like. Lot of homebrew builds out there that can farm specific areas faster than aeriel's barb but cant get all charms like aeriel's barb can (in only t6 gear by the way...)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SinClaire wrote:
Aero wrote:? max block is easy. it just takes a couple crafts and like 200 sigs.

Until then he can go runemaster and have defense and life to farm these things. He can always respec once he gets the items. It's a starter build.

oh. well yea. I would never recommend gladiators at lvl 90. I was under the impression you were talking about later on towards 10-15 charms
Nyb025
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Thanks for the help guys.

So I started a Barb, found the Earthquake skill really useful, got to 20 and...kinda the same thing lol.

Then I saw this Bowdruid...wiping everything out in Act2. Looked really fun, he had summons and was using a bow, I might try that tonight
Xhaviour
Bone Archer
75 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
well dunno why no one said > Go for Treewarden druid nearly whole equip is Runeword possible and super efficient.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nyb025 wrote:Thanks for the help guys.

So I started a Barb, found the Earthquake skill really useful, got to 20 and...kinda the same thing lol.

Then I saw this Bowdruid...wiping everything out in Act2. Looked really fun, he had summons and was using a bow, I might try that tonight

earthquake will drop off later on a bit because it doesn't have the same hit frequency or aoe consistency like other skills will, but its not bad. just need to position strategically.

bow druid is decent. the summons are buggy though, only really useful through hatred. they don't receive minion stats properly, so they die very often later on due to no resist and low life.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nyb025 wrote:Thanks for the help guys.

My advice would be to start with 1 character and make that work and olay it to thw end game.

If you are swapping character everytime you get stuck you will allways get stuck :)
Nyb025
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Alright thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the info.

I am going to stick with Barb, if Earthquake is no good...I'll have to respec lol, what way should I go? I want to be a melee tank
Nyb025
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Also should I be putting points into Str/Dex/Vita? Or just Str/Vita
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Nyb025 wrote:Also should I be putting points into Str/Dex/Vita? Or just Str/Vita

there should be plenty of guides and things to search and read somewhere on this forum that talks about a lot of that. check around or join the discord channel too.
PindlskinVova
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Treewarden in thorn strike+idol with massive fire dmg by wildfire. Wipe your feet on the normal and horror of everyone, and the bosses fall for 1-10 thorns. Then you dress and continue to wipe your feet in hell. Pleasant for a beginner due to fat, priority of strength% = equip; +some vitality%. Main skill non target, don't need mana. Perfect gameplay for greend = 1-2 skills (all time use MotW(60sec) and Idol on Mouse2) and thorn strike on Mouse1(wildfire with fat bosses or immune). Forgives many mistakes, Absolutely not picky about things.

Mele sorc - fire/poison, light/poison.
Very nice things(TU Armor req Dex with +Str and Dex, TU sword req Dex +dex, TU shield with str+dex) supporting each other at an early stage, do not puzzle where to invest points, just dex. self-attacking attack, thick servants swords, steep retaining passives. Thanks to FUSILLADE in the mid game and late game, we stop being clean mele, incredible damage. Absolutely not picky about things, just use griwold box.

Ama Pounce with items from grisolwd gox and Wolf Dru - Nice teleportAOE main skill, druid more demanding to equip, 1-12 lvl very slow, low dmg on solo fat target(Great Hunt>>Twisted claw). Ama more save to the passive(armor from lioness, balance +fhr and speed+ slow enemy), dru have meat shield. At 90lvl ama have nice boost for dmg/hp and dru too.

Assa with crucify and shadow refuge for fast 120lvl

Paladin for lovers using many buttons.

Barb king among the first characters, just feel the simplicity of gameplay and the synergy of skills.

For hardcore it is contraindicated to be a melee, because there is always something capable of killing with 1 hit.
The summoner(barb, necr(minions/totems/hybrid) is the easiest, then range(barb>necr>dru>ama>assa), then mele, although it's always worth playing for someone you like, no matter how many times you die :) Casters at lvl of range, maybe better.