Good Starter Builds

Discuss Median XL!
Nyb025
Destroyer
6 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Hey all, so far I've tried a totem nec, and a sorc...I found both to be pretty boring by act 3.

I wanted to see if there are any other good starter build ideas...I was thinking making a bowzon or a martial arts asn since those are pretty unique, but I still want to be viable when I get to the final modes.
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 26
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I wouldn't advice assassin if you are new to this mod. Assassins have lowest life pool of all classes, no innate defence incresing skills. Without knowing mechanics of mod and dangers of specific locations you will be one-shotted all the time. And that is quick way to ragequit.
Try Holy Melee Paladin, they are tanky and very strong without very expensive items.

Here is guide by Bojacea: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=18014
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Most builds will be "boring" since the majority of them are rinse, repeat endlessly for whatever your strategy is. If you want to make totem less boring, make it into a hybrid caster with totems and boneyard/funeral pyre. Same concept for sorc, mix in different actions to make it more active, like debuffs on Miasma/Force Blast (whatever the black road skill is) or firedance buffs, etc.

Kinda up to you to decide how you want to play each build.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Holy caster pala requires some skill switching all the time so that build is more than „press LMB all the time“.

Also blood zon is really interesting as well, since it has the unique mechanic of depending on your health orb. That may fall of in midgame, but it‘s still interesting to play.

Bloodzon maybe not the fastest, but it‘s decent. I‘ve never tried a holy caster myself, but there‘s a guide and afer looking at the videos, it seems it can be a really fast build as well.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
there's already a guide for it.
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Nyb025 wrote:Hey all, so far I've tried a totem nec, and a sorc...I found both to be pretty boring by act 3.

I wanted to see if there are any other good starter build ideas...I was thinking making a bowzon or a martial arts asn since those are pretty unique, but I still want to be viable when I get to the final modes.

A runemaster+bear stance barb with most stats into VIT. Pick the attacking skills that you would like (I recommend 2h axes if no starter gear, thunderfury and thunder slam are nice to have).
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
runemaster + bear stance together is overkill. don't need that much defense. if you're doing bear stance (for the DR), use nephalem spirit or max block gladiator. if you're using runemaster, you're better with wolf or lion (if you want full strength, huge damage)
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Aero wrote:runemaster + bear stance together is overkill. don't need that much defense. if you're doing bear stance (for the DR), use nephalem spirit or max block gladiator. if you're using runemaster, you're better with wolf or lion (if you want full strength, huge damage)

With gear then definitely overkill. Good luck on him going max block on his starting character.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
? max block is easy. it just takes a couple crafts and like 200 sigs.
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
Aero wrote:? max block is easy. it just takes a couple crafts and like 200 sigs.

Until then he can go runemaster and have defense and life to farm these things. He can always respec once he gets the items. It's a starter build.