Newish to MXL

Discuss Median XL!
Jashley1027
Fallen
1 | 0
Hey everyone. I'm kinda newish to MXL. Mainly bin toying around on Singleplayer with a Unholy Melee Paladin. Seemed to rush through the regular game with little to no difficulty playing like I would in vanilla D2. But have become stuck when it comes to Ubers and such.

Also looking into starting to play online. Any major differences from Sinlgeplayer to Online and from Ladder to regular? Or is it just more or less same as regular D2?

I've always predominately played pallys ever since the early days of D2 and LOD. I just recently dug this back up last month and found this mod and have really enjoyed it so far. Anybody who have also preffered pallys. What other classes / Builds do you recommend I try out? In Vanilla D2 I always preffered my hammerdin and so far in MXL ive preferred my Unholly melee to give better idea on my play styles.

Look forward to becoming apart of this community
PindlskinVova
Acid Prince
46 | 2
Why do not you just read the forum and find the answers to all the questions?
As far as I know, they do not differ in anything. Some items fall only online, ping+latency, ban for multilog (there is no free ppl), Autodelet character after six months of inactivity. Maybe somethig else...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21619&start=20 - last topic about start build

viewforum.php?f=40 - guide center

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=124 - short questions thread

All the builds are interesting in their own way, the question is whether they are right for you.
Tkorpi
Djinn
520 | 39
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jashley1027 wrote:Hey everyone. I'm kinda newish to MXL. Mainly bin toying around on Singleplayer with a Unholy Melee Paladin. Seemed to rush through the regular game with little to no difficulty playing like I would in vanilla D2. But have become stuck when it comes to Ubers and such.

Also looking into starting to play online. Any major differences from Sinlgeplayer to Online and from Ladder to regular? Or is it just more or less same as regular D2?

I've always predominately played pallys ever since the early days of D2 and LOD. I just recently dug this back up last month and found this mod and have really enjoyed it so far. Anybody who have also preffered pallys. What other classes / Builds do you recommend I try out? In Vanilla D2 I always preffered my hammerdin and so far in MXL ive preferred my Unholly melee to give better idea on my play styles.

Look forward to becoming apart of this community

Hey! Welcome to Median XL!

Median single player and online differs only for minor stuff like there are some runewords & items that cannot be used or dropped on single player. In online there is ladder and non ladder just like in D2 but most of the people play only on Ladder.

If you like paladins you should try holy melee paladin its pretty much cookie cutter build at the moment that same goes to hammerdin in normal D2.
Other builds you could try as newcommer would be Treewarden druid, Traprat druid, Deathgaze / iron spiral barbarian or Summoner / Totem necromancer. Those all are pretty newbie friendly and powerful characters. All of these you can find on Forum Guide section.

If you want to play similiar to D2 hammerdin then try totem necromancer or Summoner barbarian or Harbinger wolf druid. those all have similiar teleport and kill playstyle.

Hope this helps! :)