LAN party

Discuss Median XL!
Probablyjank
Destroyer
6 | 1
Hello all!
I'm a new face here and this Saturday my friends and I will be delving into an 8 player D2 LAN party.
Here's the thing, i haven't played this mod since it was Median 2009 or something. Most of my party hasn't played Median ever; and a couple haven't played D2 at all :shock: . Ideally everybody will play a different class and double up on paladin; one playing each alignment. It's going to be crazy! I'm worried though, is there a possibility of having connection issues? Will we be able to see any of the endgame in one sitting? (hoping for up to 12 hours)
Any tips would be appreciated :D There is a chance i will be live-streaming this madness.
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
have everyone read up on all the early game stuff: level challenges, gift box, cube recipes, RWs. If each of you do everything correctly the 1st time you can get to endgame in 12 hours. When each of you selects their class have them look up character guides that are up to date.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Keep in mind also that host of the game with TCP/IP can get some frames drop with full party when people will start skill spamming, minions, monsters, auras, plus streaming on ancient laptop.
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
In 12 hours you can expect to reach 120 and do about 18 uber levels if you somewhat know what to do.

The first thing of course are the first level challenge where ya all should split up and do them independently since that's at least 4 times faster, when someone (necro?) is done he can help the weakest (sin) player. Then ennead challenge, you can do that one together. Then the level challenge 2, again together. Then some easy ubers, then the black road.

https://docs.median-xl.com/ here go to quests, all Easy and moderate quests in the WESTERN KINGDOMS and KEHJISTAN should be do able with fresh lvl 120 self found chars. Once you have those charms you should be able to handle Triune and Judgment day. After that you need to gear up, probably Kurast3BA, Dcows, Fautz or Duncraig.

Check some guides here https://forum.median-xl.com/viewforum.php?f=40 they have good info about ubers, write it together so you can present your friend what you need to do within 2 sentences, then go and rock it.

Maybe collect 2-3 builds for every char so they know what they should aim for, don't go for endgame builds here but rather the level up and farm builds, cheap gear etc.
Probablyjank
Destroyer
6 | 1
Thank you guys. Hopefully the frame drop Unda was talking about doesn't ruin the experience. I take it the level challenge bosses won't drop reagants for the entire team, pity. I'm glad we may get to see some of these uberquests though, they look delightful!
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Just some general hints: runewords are extremely useful. Nef in a Staff, ith in armor, eth in Belt, pul in gloves just to mention a few. I don‘t think you‘ll be farming arcane crystals a lot, so try to get some good and cheap runewords and replace them later for better things.
void
Shadowgate Totem
1771 | 97
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
couple things to consider:
-different builds have different clearspeed/defenses.
in big parties it often happens that there are 1-2 "carry chars" and the others just follow and leech xp. perhaps in this case it will be balanced out by the relative inexperience of the players in the party. might even be a good thing since you can beat each other up irl ;) :P
-RIP @ the player who has to play assassin :lol: out of all chars she tends to be the most squishy and has the highest chance of dying repeatedly even if you know what youre doing

in any case this sounds like a really fun idea.
hope you guys will have a blast!
Probablyjank
Destroyer
6 | 1
I guess I'm playing the assassin then lol. The beginners guide on the forum seems very helpful with the maps for the level challenges. Definitely sharing that one with the party. I was planning on printing out the runeword and cube recipe lists so we have a hard copy on hand.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
Just remember that in order to do that with Median you need to do it via the client Hamachi.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
When is this stream planned to go down? Saturday at what time and time zone?