Discuss Median XL!
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
PlugY is not gonna happen, basically what RequiemLux said: it's either multipage stash on TSW/MP/SP alltogether or nothing, tertium non datur.

CallMeCrazySam wrote:...

Jokes on you dude, but you're not so far from the truth and I'm convinced that you have no idea what are you talking about.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
SwineFlu wrote:PlugY is not gonna happen, basically what RequiemLux said: it's either multipage stash on TSW/MP/SP alltogether or nothing, tertium non datur.

CallMeCrazySam wrote:...

Jokes on you dude, but you're not so far from the truth and I'm convinced that you have no idea what are you talking about.

I must have forgotten my blue text in my other pants.
SwineFlu
Heretic
402 | 53
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
CallMeCrazySam wrote:I must have forgotten my blue text in my other pants.

I see you don't get it, let me put this straight: your sarcastic remark doesn't make any sense because you are not wrong about the complexity of this task, emphasizing it with a blue text won't make it less stupid. It's a trivial task as long as we are talking about SP and TCP/IP, on the other hand D2GS and PvPGN is out of the question, it's a whole different story. I'll give you a hint, try to think about benefits to the whole project in general if devs decided to release this feature only for SP community exclusively.
Jakob
Thunder Beetle
56 | 2
SwineFlu wrote:I'll give you a hint, try to think about benefits to the whole project in general if devs decided to release this feature only for SP community exclusively.

If you ask me that'd be awesome..

BTW is there a topic where we can read about the highest priority issues and other ideas the devs are currently working on which use up all the capacity?
yagun4eg
Vampiress
36 | 6
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
RequiemLux wrote:
Jakob wrote:I know this is an old topic, but is Plugy ever going to come back in single player?
Cause when its back, i'll be back immediately.

PlugY will probably never be compatible with Median XL ever again.
That said, in several occasions, members of the team have stated of wanting to implement a multiple pages stash fully integrated in the Sigma engine. This wouldn't be the case with PlugY itself which is a tool not developed by the Median XL team and that could lead to a host of nasty and unforseen side effects. Keep in mind that often, even with MXL Ultimative compatibility, the save files used to get ruined by a corrupted stash while using PlugY, frequently requiring to manually backup the saves "just in case". The idea of additional stash pages is there, and I'd guess that sooner or later it will get implemented in the best way possible, but as of this very moment there are much bigger priorities to takle with the Sigma development that might incidentally help with the future implementation of an extended stash.

I think the best solution would be several horadrik cubes per character. Is that possible?
Siosilvar
Cow Ninja
1219 | 263
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
yagun4eg wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:
Jakob wrote:I know this is an old topic, but is Plugy ever going to come back in single player?
Cause when its back, i'll be back immediately.

PlugY will probably never be compatible with Median XL ever again.
That said, in several occasions, members of the team have stated of wanting to implement a multiple pages stash fully integrated in the Sigma engine. This wouldn't be the case with PlugY itself which is a tool not developed by the Median XL team and that could lead to a host of nasty and unforseen side effects. Keep in mind that often, even with MXL Ultimative compatibility, the save files used to get ruined by a corrupted stash while using PlugY, frequently requiring to manually backup the saves "just in case". The idea of additional stash pages is there, and I'd guess that sooner or later it will get implemented in the best way possible, but as of this very moment there are much bigger priorities to takle with the Sigma development that might incidentally help with the future implementation of an extended stash.

I think the best solution would be several horadrik cubes per character. Is that possible?

Doubt it. It would take a ton of effort to make the code changes to allow characters to have multiple cube inventories and at that point you're literally just making cube tabs instead of stash tabs.
AngleWyrm
Skeleton
2 | 0
RequiemLux wrote:PlugY will probably never be compatible with Median XL ever again.

Shame about that, it misses the target audience of hunter/gatherer instinct that looter games are for. The original collectibles motive.

I've reverted to v1.3.2 so that I can continue to collect stuff in an endless treasure chest. It works fine with D2SE and PlugY 10.

What version of MedianXL is the last version that still works with PlugY and D2SE?
blatkill
Core Lord
388 | 32
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Playing actual version with MXL Offline Tool is quite same as PlugY. You have an infinite storage :)
Subzy
Vampiress
38 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Sigma 2.0 beta is currently testing shared stash. So it will most likely be released next patch. Hopefully
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
AngleWyrm wrote:
RequiemLux wrote:PlugY will probably never be compatible with Median XL ever again.

Shame about that, it misses the target audience of hunter/gatherer instinct that looter games are for. The original collectibles motive.

I've reverted to v1.3.2 so that I can continue to collect stuff in an endless treasure chest. It works fine with D2SE and PlugY 10.

What version of MedianXL is the last version that still works with PlugY and D2SE?

It is 1.3.2. I was in the same situation as you, I wanted to start a MXL holy grail/item hoarding adventure but Sigma was out of the question. After doing some digging I found that MXL 2017 1.3.2 is in fact the last and most recent MXL that still supports Plugy/D2SE and the shared/infinite stash. It was the last version of MXL 2017 to come out before Sigma was released.
Edited by Dominos9189 2 years.