Traps that instantly kill you

Discuss Median XL!
Seeon
Skeleton
3 | 0
Howdy!

This is my general feedback to the developers of this mod. When you start playing and find a chest within the first 3 levels that instantly fireball kills you that isn't very enjoyable. I understand you could say GG Noob and play again but I'm not going too.

Thanks!
Ernidull
Cog
233 | 104
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
With little practice you can learn to dodge the traps .
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Just don‘t be greedy for loot and listen to the sound of the chest. If you play without sound, just move away from the chest and wait a few seconds.

Either way, you‘re just punishing yourself if you don‘t Continue playing. So there‘s really no reason for anyone of us to care whether you keep at it or not.
JustinPeters
Sasquatch
66 | 1
tbh i've never seen a deadly fireball in a chest :roll:
silicondream
Lava Lord
95 | 22
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
lvl 3 char gone, such loss, much wow.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I personally agree with both points. I have never been killed by a trap, just open a chest and walk away for 2 seconds. However I do agree that they're stupid and there's really no point to them.
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
tempmail wrote:I personally agree with both points. I have never been killed by a trap, just open a chest and walk away for 2 seconds. However I do agree that they're stupid and there's really no point to them.

Quite. Having traps that are easily avoidable and deal massive damage seems rather pointless. Random instadeath if you get impatient or miss the sound cue is neither fun nor good game design. I could understand if they appeared in uberlevels as a kind of extra challenge, but having them randomly spawn in the overworld seems rather pointless because, as you said, they are easily avoided if you're paying attention. And random instadeath just because you went to open a chest in the overworld is just frustrating, this isn't Dark Souls which sells itself on being insanely punishing.
lordalexander74
Bone Archer
77 | 0
Remember those punisher nova traps several versions ago? good times.
Anonymous:
Memelistas
2974 | 437
Great Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
GreyRook wrote:
tempmail wrote:I personally agree with both points. I have never been killed by a trap, just open a chest and walk away for 2 seconds. However I do agree that they're stupid and there's really no point to them.

Quite. Having traps that are easily avoidable and deal massive damage seems rather pointless. Random instadeath if you get impatient or miss the sound cue is neither fun nor good game design. I could understand if they appeared in uberlevels as a kind of extra challenge, but having them randomly spawn in the overworld seems rather pointless because, as you said, they are easily avoided if you're paying attention. And random instadeath just because you went to open a chest in the overworld is just frustrating, this isn't Dark Souls which sells itself on being insanely punishing.

Is it a problem in whole game or just in first act first area while you are below lvl 5 ?