Your Starting Char for Sigma Season (After Patch Notes)

Discuss Median XL!

Which char you Start Now

Barbarian
24%
Amazon
13%
Assasin
12%
Druid
12%
Paladin
15%
Necromancer
9%
Sorceress
14%

Total votes: 346

ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Poterek25 wrote:SUMMONER BARB GONNA BE POWERFULLLITTO
why? just because the summons now follow and you need to use less spirit guide to keep them around is somewhat more powerfull ? it's the same summon barb as before that now has his summons fixed (fixed , not boosted) , actualy , it got a bit nerfed since you need to invest more for the stances radius increase
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
But... convenience!
pumba1337
Vampiress
35 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
TheOnePos wrote:I never played any Median mod and wanted a change of pace from PoE, so I am gonna give Median XL Sigma a go.

What would you vets would recommend me as a starter build that could let me discover the mod mechanisms and eventually reach the endgame ?

Well, you can respec your char everytime, for me as a casual player, there never was that one char that melts down everything with ease. Like other people alreadx said the barb is a really good allrounder in my opinion, you can go for summoning, melee and range. Barb with axe or sword (even whirlwind in classic) is something like a lifestyle. You can have fun with every char imo. The challenges are called challanges because they are challenges, with years of practice in the original game, i needed about 2 seasons to understand the game how it works right now and btw i felt better with starting the barb as an axe or sword wielder until lategame i started to convert him into a summoner
Your char, your playstyle, your journey, your fun
kopka
Skeleton
2 | 0
Hello everyone, please tell me if familiars from assassins get a bonus from your stats? Well, there is damage \ protection \ resists, etc?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
yes , the familiars get boosted by minion stats from gear . hopefuly they are no longer broken now , as they didn't innerhit ways damage and perfect being like they were supposed to
kopka
Skeleton
2 | 0
Therefore, if they fix it, then the hero can be put on not in "bonus to summoned minion life \ damage \ resist" and at the same time familiars will be stronger?
Uncanny--
Prowler
17 | 1
Anyone else thinking of twin fang assassin?
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Poterek25 wrote:SUMMONER BARB GONNA BE POWERFULLLITTO
why? just because the summons now follow and you need to use less spirit guide to keep them around is somewhat more powerfull ? it's the same summon barb as before that now has his summons fixed (fixed , not boosted) , actualy , it got a bit nerfed since you need to invest more for the stances radius increase

Agreed. Following summons are definitely big QOL for early game, when you dont have spirit walk yet, so ppl can start summon barb easier. But in the later stages, you gonna be spirit walking anyway, and there is very little difference. Spirits would have followed you when there are monsters on screen anyway, and if there isnt you just bomb-teleport forward not looking back.
Its nice feature but bit overhyped.
DayDrunk
Fallen
1 | 0
I'm not sure what I want to play yet. I'm going to try out the skills of a few classes before I can settle on anything. Blood mage sounds cool though.
It sounds like we are going to be doing a fair amount of bossing endgame, so something that has good clear and single target would be nice.... also ranged with good survivability ....any suggestions???

4am Launch in Aus is a little rough when I'm too hyped to sleep!!!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
kopka wrote:Therefore, if they fix it, then the hero can be put on not in "bonus to summoned minion life \ damage \ resist" and at the same time familiars will be stronger?
yes , if you equip "bonus to summoned minion life \ damage \ resist" gear , the familiars will be stronger . it has always been like that .