Trouble installing Sigma

Discuss Median XL!
Gear
Invader
9 | 0
When I go through the installer I get this message "Your internet connection seems to not be permitted or dropped out! Please reconnect and click Retry to resume installation."
I have been sitting here for half an hour pressing retry with no luck. I obviously have an internet connection and I'm not sure what to do by this point.
Gear
Invader
9 | 0
Okay I fixed it on my own. Since it was having trouble fetching a file from an https address I manually changed my DNS and it downloaded without issue.
UtoySPC
Destroyer
6 | 0
Tried to change my DNS but I still couldn't install. Can you tell me the DNS address you used?
Gear
Invader
9 | 0
I used Google's set it as 8.8.8.8 and alternate as 8.8.4.4
UtoySPC
Destroyer
6 | 0
Thanks!
Taem
Shadowgate Totem
1772 | 45
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Is there a separate way to download Sigma than the installer? The installer keeps saying the following;

Error

Median XL - No version information

Could not get version information from the internet, using the currently installed one.

When I open the app, I'm still in MXL and --->NOT---< Sigma. The Launcher will NOT download the Sigma patch. I'm open to suggestions here.

EDIT: Why is there no "Check for Updates" button on the launcher with a 3-min interval timer to prevent abuse/server overload?
Taem
Shadowgate Totem
1772 | 45
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Fyi I fixed this issue by downloading the latest version off the top of the forums in case anybody else is experiencing the same problem.
UtoySPC
Destroyer
6 | 0
Another solution I found is to just copy the https address in the error message and plug it into your browser. Downloaded the file in no time.