Median XL 1.13-1.14 VS Sigma... Is it really better?

Threads that no longer serve a purpose. Read-only.
RandomOnions
Sand Maggot
1148 | 50
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Pub wrote:Game got "harder," noobs got louder, my dick got harder.

We need more patches like this.

I woke up people laughing, cookie when possible
demonshalo
Monkey King
274 | 2
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Seekers wrote:You do realize the 132 dude is a wolf farming fauzt and bremm right, and that that build cant do ubers at all right.

belladonnas are a thing and also, if he doesn´t do it, the next guy will a few hours after. There is no winning this Seekers. Trying to stretch out the game for people (like myself) who have infinite time to play will not work this way. You have to be more creative and do things differently!

just my 2 cents.
onanism
Cultist
21 | 2

Game got harder? In terms of difficulty it got easier, but padded with exp grinding to keep you playing for longer. Level progression currently feels like an mmo where you farm the appropriate area for your level before moving to the next one. I liked the old progession better where grinding exp was not mandatory unless you wanted to wear some Xis, but that's just my opinion.

Also, the white knighting :lol: Negative feedback is to be expected, it can't always be only praise or else nothing would change.
darkstorm
Core Lord
384 | 0
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
obsideo666 wrote:I was just wondering if some of the other long time Median players here are thoroughly unimpressed with Sigma. Here's just a few of my observations and concerns regarding Sigma.
Collecting Gold was much easier and more productive in past releases.

Monster pack sizes were HUUUGE. Now you can adventure all over the place and not even encounter ANY monsters in certain areas.

How will you be able to escape fast bosses like Kabraxis if you can only sprint for a second or 2? I remember that fight being pretty intense with a LOT of evasion needed.

Sigma could not of made it any easier to get your sunstone and class charm!! WOW too easy guys. Waaaay too easy. Part of the reason I have enjoyed Median for so many years is because of the ridiculous challenges and fights. Just because you have a influx of new players doens't mean you should completely dumb down the beginning of collecting these charms.

So yeah, the new interface. Cool i guess. Was it absolutely necessary? NO.

I know the devs worked REALLY hard on this release. I am just completely unsure why they decided to take a awesome version (1.13) and make a bunch of unnecessary changes. What are your thoughts? Are you guys enjoying it?

y u even bother, is what i wonder... -.-
mod keeps aiming into some jrpg / d3 / mmo, soon u will deal without mana due to it's uselessness and spam balanced one fireball per a minute or summon a rampagor per ten. who cares?
d2lod was never a game truly based on player's abilities - no matter how advanced u were, each build was based on items. even diablo 1 counts, however mostly in due to its system of skill learning from books( were u lucky - u could find / buy a skill) . imagine, soon u can be forced to use skills only farming some items. great change? y not to try it?
no more open wounds - o.k., it was rediculous way to deal with uber bosses. but now we almost got no cb( somehow i feel guilty for that - sorry ^^), soon absorbtion modificator will play the same role in the game( due to the new balance) . in the end team will reduce elemental damage as well - why bother with so many types? one is enough - magical one. and u will decide between two types of dmg - new change? yes ofc.
y im writing this post is not im complaining on sigma - in due to reducing operating system ammount im unable to play sigma on my xp( very 1st median i cannot play - big change?) . im merely wondering if the purpose is to achieve d3 standars or other d2lod mods, rly got no idea. if the purpose is to cause a feeling of semi-real fight u can implement more effective weight related to gear to the character velocity and add typical in d&d series chance to failure in spell casting connected to it. also, u can back to org d2lod stamina system to cause a feeling of real effort running all the time whilst. in addition, stamina could be reduced by any action, like as attack or casting a spell.
but, anyway - what i wonder to know is what is the purpose in it? i can go to the hairdresser and out being bald - change is done, so what? in fact it hasn't caused me becoming somebody else, even if hairdresser's work is all the best and i can act super authenticaly. however - i can learn a new language and in fact - a new door is open to me, i can switch to another country to live in, i can find a better job, new friends, etc. some changes change, some donnot( or they cause the feeling of kinda misunderstanding) .
ppl complained when ta was too strong, described, too easy, etc. why bother and not to remove it? if it's so hard let it be merely d2lod with new mobs extension and remove all the magic of uberquests and challanges. just remove all the immunities, let it be only the big dmg deal and it's back d2lod.
mostly im suprised with the new crafting system - rly, why bother with crafting than? remove shrines and it will be d2lod again - white item, grey item, eth item, yellow item, blue item, and semi gold/brown item.
half-measures r the curse of current times - let it be 100%, not just 60, 45, 10... -.-
that's my humble opinion. if we want a new mxl - let it be rly *new* one.
Odoakar
Imp
5 | 1
Primarch wrote:
obsideo666 wrote:I was just wondering if some of the other long time Median players here are thoroughly unimpressed with Sigma. Here's just a few of my observations and concerns regarding Sigma.
Collecting Gold was much easier and more productive in past releases.

Monster pack sizes were HUUUGE. Now you can adventure all over the place and not even encounter ANY monsters in certain areas.

How will you be able to escape fast bosses like Kabraxis if you can only sprint for a second or 2? I remember that fight being pretty intense with a LOT of evasion needed.

Sigma could not of made it any easier to get your sunstone and class charm!! WOW too easy guys. Waaaay too easy. Part of the reason I have enjoyed Median for so many years is because of the ridiculous challenges and fights. Just because you have a influx of new players doens't mean you should completely dumb down the beginning of collecting these charms.

So yeah, the new interface. Cool i guess. Was it absolutely necessary? NO.

I know the devs worked REALLY hard on this release. I am just completely unsure why they decided to take a awesome version (1.13) and make a bunch of unnecessary changes. What are your thoughts? Are you guys enjoying it?

Also, configuring glide with full-screen borderless window was a complete game changer. At first, sigma seemed washed out and dated but a few tweaks fixed that entirely.

Could you please share your glide settings? I spent the whole day yesterday messing with glade settings but I can't get the game to look as good as some streamers have it...even tried that Borderless gaming tool but it wouldn't even recognize D2 running...
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
the streaming tools are capable capturing and streaming either the game window / your whole desktop / other things in paralel. i have streamed my game window both ways - full screen and window mode - but you can't tell any difference if you look at the stream . it 's just a matter of how you arrange /resize the game window in the streaming app .
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
onanism wrote:

Game got harder? In terms of difficulty it got easier, but padded with exp grinding to keep you playing for longer. Level progression currently feels like an mmo where you farm the appropriate area for your level before moving to the next one. I liked the old progession better where grinding exp was not mandatory unless you wanted to wear some Xis, but that's just my opinion.

Also, the white knighting :lol: Negative feedback is to be expected, it can't always be only praise or else nothing would change.

Hence the quotations to emphasize sarcasm, as if i were doing air finger quotes. Ill stick with the forums sarcasm colours.

I can care less about negative feedback. Most of it has been subjective because the game is catered to a persons convenience so ive ignored that garbage but some people have given fair constructive criticis.
onanism
Cultist
21 | 2
Pub wrote:I can care less about negative feedback. Most of it has been subjective because the game is catered to a persons convenience so ive ignored that garbage but some people have given fair constructive criticis.

Makes no difference whether you personally care or not. Either make a counter argument or move on, cause you're calling people's opinions garbage while your posts aren't any better.
willyboy
Abomination
151 | 18
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pub wrote:
onanism wrote:

Hence the quotations to emphasize sarcasm, as if i were doing air finger quotes. Ill stick with the forums sarcasm colours.

I can care less about negative feedback. Most of it has been subjective because the game is catered to a persons convenience so ive ignored that garbage but some people have given fair constructive criticis.

onanism is absolutely right, the game is much, much easier now - perhaps this is why your dick is now hard? You can do everything in norm and nightmare nearly unstated an with crap gear, maybe your weapon shoul be T4...the rest isnt important - thats what you called "game is harder"?? And you call us noobs - YMMD :mrgreen:

You need much more time now, for no challenge, stupid walk and kill, grinding leveling only to reach the good areas, everything takes now so much longer....and for sure no run!

My deepest condolences to your wife/girlfriend, I think your dick is not hard...only slow.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
willyboy wrote:
Pub wrote:
onanism wrote:

onanism is absolutely right, the game is much, much easier now - perhaps this is why your dick is now hard? You can do everything in norm and nightmare nearly unstated an with crap gear, maybe your weapon shoul be T4...the rest isnt important - thats what you called "game is harder"?? And you call us noobs - YMMD :mrgreen:

You need much more time now, for no challenge, stupid walk and kill, grinding leveling only to reach the good areas, everything takes now so much longer....and for sure no run!

My deepest condolences to your wife/girlfriend, I think your dick is not hard...only slow.

Boyfriend*