Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
GuiltyGucciGoon wrote:Hey, is it not possible to play Sigma for exemple with german translation when the vanilla game is in english? Bc I wanted to play sigma in german but it does not work, I did the same as in post #29 above but in the settings there is still only english avaiable. I opened the files with mpq editor and extracted all of them into the right folder which is shown above the language settings in the sigma launcher.

Don't need to open the MPQ, just place the MPQ in the Diablo 2 folder and select German as Game Language in the Launcher settings
GuiltyGucciGoon
Skeleton
3 | 0
Gavin_K88 wrote:
GuiltyGucciGoon wrote:Hey, is it not possible to play Sigma for exemple with german translation when the vanilla game is in english? Bc I wanted to play sigma in german but it does not work, I did the same as in post #29 above but in the settings there is still only english avaiable. I opened the files with mpq editor and extracted all of them into the right folder which is shown above the language settings in the sigma launcher.

Don't need to open the MPQ, just place the MPQ in the Diablo 2 folder and select German as Game Language in the Launcher settings

Thank you, now it worked. But since I changed it there is a new problem. When I want to start the game in german language with an already created char, the message "Mitspielen nicht möglich. Falsche Charakter-Statistikdaten./Joining in not possible. Wrong chracter-stats" appears during the loadingscreen. And also when I create a new char, the game even freezes or crashes during loading prozess with error: Diablo II exception: UNHANDELED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005). Same error also happened always when I tried to select a multiplayer game, no matter if in english or german.

Any idea what to do?
Gavin_K88
Team Member
110 | 24
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
GuiltyGucciGoon wrote:Thank you, now it worked. But since I changed it there is a new problem. When I want to start the game in german language...

What launcher version are you using and what does it display mod version as?

Also, are you using any sort of antivirus that could've started blocking d2 as a result of the new file being put in? (I downloaded it on my end and didn't see any issues on mod version 1.04b ; launcher version 1.1.5)
GuiltyGucciGoon
Skeleton
3 | 0
Gavin_K88 wrote:
GuiltyGucciGoon wrote:Thank you, now it worked. But since I changed it there is a new problem. When I want to start the game in german language...

What launcher version are you using and what does it display mod version as?

Also, are you using any sort of antivirus that could've started blocking d2 as a result of the new file being put in? (I downloaded it on my end and didn't see any issues on mod version 1.04b ; launcher version 1.1.5)

Launcher and Mod are uptodate like yours. The german patch came at last aswell. I tried it while turning off the antivirus but still the same access violation thing :/
Gavin_K88
Team Member
110 | 24
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
GuiltyGucciGoon wrote:Launcher and Mod are uptodate like yours. The german patch came at last aswell. I tried it while turning off the antivirus but still the same access violation thing :/

Is your Diablo 2 folder marked as read only? (Some Antiviruses do that and turning the AV off doesn't affect that). Right click it -> Properties, the read only checkbox should be either: black or white, but not having a checkmark within it.
budda
Rust Claw
84 | 2
GuiltyGucciGoon wrote: Diablo II exception: UNHANDELED EXCEPTION: ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005). Same error also happened always when I tried to select a multiplayer game, no matter if in english or german.
Any idea what to do?

- Open game folder. Game.exe right click -> properties and mark 3 options->apply ready. Same for Diablo 2.exe. My windows non english so used google image.

Edited by budda 5 years.
budda
Rust Claw
84 | 2
I got also strange bug (using latest kamnbala`s ru sigma repack)-> if i play with ingame sounds on than gets huge lag when game used many sounds in same time.
Kozminnn
Fallen
1 | 0
Im trying for 1 hour now. Got .mpq file in d2 folder, unblocked it, disabled antivirus, checked compatibility and all that with multiple languages. But it still is not visible in median xl launcher. Only got english to choose, game works fine btw.
Please help, i want to kill some evil ;)
Gavin_K88
Team Member
110 | 24
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Median XL Team Member
Kozminnn wrote:Im trying for 1 hour now. Got .mpq file in d2 folder, unblocked it, disabled antivirus, checked compatibility and all that with multiple languages. But it still is not visible in median xl launcher. Only got english to choose, game works fine btw.
Please help, i want to kill some evil ;)

Was just told a workaround (1.16 somehow broke language selection), after downloading the MPQ and putting it in the Diablo 2 folder: Go to launcher settings, click application data, close launcher, navigate to launcher folder, open settings.json and set Lang (should be set to en by default) to pl
Virtuo
Skeleton
3 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Game language in launcher options is set to Polish now but game is still in english, what can I do now ? I put mpq file in d2 folder and everywhere where i can and nothing change :/ help me? (sorry for bad english)