Oskill List

Discuss Median XL!
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Comparing raw damage numbers don't tell you anything; that's like comparing what damage Snake Stance gives and what damage Bear Stance gives and saying that Bear Stance is obviously far weaker in comparison when they serve two completely different roles
Quirinus
Team Member
1510 | 184
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
you guys have to remember that some multi-hitting skills have nd and similar stuff.
"but if it's simple it's not that hard" - Quirinus 2017
"small things like this are not a big deal" - Quirinus 2017
nealn
Abomination
141 | 14
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
They are spells for builds that lack spells of that element or are tight on hard points.

ah, ok. this is the kind of useful info i was after. i'll try to edit my posts to reflect this at some point.

Check of viability is determining if any build can reasonably use either spell with viable killspeed in dunc/fauzt (without dying). Eg, does churel do enough damage maxed out that a caster barb can use it to kill end game mobs in dunc/fauzt.

ah, i see. i wasn't aware. this sounds like a lot of extra work for me, tho. do you know if anyone has already done such a check alrdy?

you guys have to remember that some multi-hitting skills have nd and similar stuff.

ah, i forgot to check. looking at the docs now, i see that apoc has nd of 4, flamestrike has none, churel has nd of 3, and abyss has none. am i reading it right? if anyone can confirm that i have the correct values for nd, i'd like to rework my calcs around them.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
ChuckNoRis wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:don't bother to explain him the obvious . he'll get upset
@ Food see my point now ?

Though he handled the situation better than you did tbh
grim313
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Dude Love wrote:Comparing raw damage numbers don't tell you anything; that's like comparing what damage Snake Stance gives and what damage Bear Stance gives and saying that Bear Stance is obviously far weaker in comparison when they serve two completely different roles

Fair point yet overall snake stance utility is more widely applicable than bear (can't play MP with casters very well or use Fortress in Bear). Bear does have its moments where it's key, of course.
Food
Core Lord
360 | 32
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
@nealn
Yes, dmg/yd is generally speaking a useless stat, it was useful in the comparison between two aoe spells tha have very different range.

Now, allow me to be pedantic, the actual metric you’re looking for (if I understand correctly) is not monster deaths per second, but rather minimum time to first monster death.

In other words, keeping the flamestrike vs apocalypse example, since it fits well, (warning, made up numbers follow) if apocalypse lets you kill 10 mobs in 10 seconds and flamestrike lets you kill 10 mobs in 20 seconds you still prefer flamestrike because apocalypse kills all of them at the end of those 10 seconds, while flamestrike kills a mob every 2 seconds.

Just trying to genuinely understand what you’re trying to optimize for.
Unda
Onyx Knight
621 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Edited by Unda 7 years.
TomKatz03
Balrog
131 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

@blackhole: i'm sorry, but with such a huge gap in dmg, i don't think i can really call this spell viable w/o lying.

LOL! have you tried this spell ? no... Then, you don't know this spell for real.
I had much energy factor spell damage and i invested all in energy. My energy had 4500, 350 energy factor spell damage and 400 % cold spell damage so i can hit 25 k dmg max with lvl 80 churel on. I said it's not viable against boss but only good vs monsters! I tested against Tran Athulua bosses and i owned her so easy! Except Astrogha - Bull Prince Redeo can't own them. With help energy factor spell damage and invest all in energy it increase a lot damage cap due churel. I added moar skills on churel to increase damage. I believe you don't test this char yet! Because you think churel is not viable but that's depend how you build your gears, your skills and itemisation! Learn to play! :punish:
Dude Love
Grubber
312 | 16
Common Popularity Badge
Churel will never be viable unless the massive bugs with hit detection are fixed. Stop trying and don't be a dick next time.
Icegod101
Djinn
534 | 17
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Dude Love wrote:Churel will never be viable unless the massive bugs with hit detection are fixed. Stop trying and don't be a dick next time.

to be continued in sigma