Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
syscoscott wrote:just tried to uptier a unique armor twice...it ate the mats 4 crystals and 2 potions but no upgrade...anybody else having issues like that?

thats because you used the create unique recipe, not the uptier recipe. uptier is just item + 1 ac.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Arionic wrote:I'm playing a totem build and the only thing that sucks is Totemic Mastery, a hotfix to this skill would be amazing.

The skills gives 1 extra totem per 5 points starting with Frost, then lightning and then fire.
5 points = +1 frost
10 = lightning
15 = fire
20 = frost
25 = lightning
30 = fire

This is a retardedly stupid mechanic.

If I only wanted fire totems, I have to invest 15 points for +one and 30 points for +two (there is gear for just fire totems builds too...)

Change it to +1 totem of each per 7 levels or something

It is working as intended.

1) if you want a build thats centered around min/maxing only 1 element, you can play literally any other spell based build in the game.
2) the tree is meant to be built on items %SD / pierce combos, in case soulbond didnt make that obvious enough.
3) +3 totems per 7 hard points gives a total of 15 totems endgame. Explain how this makes sense in terms of performance and how previously it was 5.

Which coincidentially is why it's working this way. If the totem stat affected all totems, the BLVL scaling would need to be every 15 or 14 hard points.
This means you would go have total 3 totems with no progression all the way until 90, and then be stuck with 6 until 125.

I can see the confusion coming from people expecting the +max totem to increase all, because of how totems worked before. But they are now different summons, and the skill is doing what is advertised (+1 max totem giving +3 wouldnt make a lot of sense).

And again if you don't want to make a build using 2-3 elements, dont play the build, play virtually any other spellcaster which doesnt have this interaction. Also don't get why you're playing an obviously revamped tree and expecting it to be played exactly as it was before.
Arionic
Abomination
147 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Marco wrote:
Arionic wrote:I'm playing a totem build and the only thing that sucks is Totemic Mastery, a hotfix to this skill would be amazing.

The skills gives 1 extra totem per 5 points starting with Frost, then lightning and then fire.
5 points = +1 frost
10 = lightning
15 = fire
20 = frost
25 = lightning
30 = fire

This is a retardedly stupid mechanic.

If I only wanted fire totems, I have to invest 15 points for +one and 30 points for +two (there is gear for just fire totems builds too...)

Change it to +1 totem of each per 7 levels or something

It is working as intended.

1) if you want a build thats centered around min/maxing only 1 element, you can play literally any other spell based build in the game.
2) the tree is meant to be built on items %SD / pierce combos, in case soulbond didnt make that obvious enough.
3) +3 totems per 7 hard points gives a total of 15 totems endgame. Explain how this makes sense in terms of performance and how previously it was 5.

Which coincidentially is why it's working this way. If the totem stat affected all totems, the BLVL scaling would need to be every 15 or 14 hard points.
This means you would go have total 3 totems with no progression all the way until 90, and then be stuck with 6 until 125.

I can see the confusion coming from people expecting the +max totem to increase all, because of how totems worked before. But they are now different summons, and the skill is doing what is advertised (+1 max totem giving +3 wouldnt make a lot of sense).

And again if you don't want to make a build using 2-3 elements, dont play the build, play virtually any other spellcaster which doesnt have this interaction. Also don't get why you're playing an obviously revamped tree and expecting it to be played exactly as it was before.

I could play any other spell build in the game, sure, but I wanted to play totems. I've never played a necro before. I was a bit salty before, and very annoyed when the tooltip said + 1 extra totem, but does not specify that it starts with cold and cycles through the three. I've been planning out builds and fenageling the shit out of ideas though and now im a bit excited. I understand the choice made but that doesn't make it any less annoying. 1 skill per 7 levels might be too much, but that number can be increased if that move ever happened.

I certainly did noticed the itemization that's taking place.

The worshipper gives extra totems and reduces all elemental resistances, which is perfect for getting three totem types, while Smokeless works for fire totem alone but also gives 2 extra fireheart totems, presumably to make up for the investment into totems mastery.

I had a decent set of rainbow gear while leveling, but my initial build was to max stormeye and not touch frostclaw totem. That's why I was so salty to learn that it took even more points just to make it past the totem that was useless to me and reach + 1 stormeye. I've also noticed that the lack of Rainbow elemental gear for a totem at endgame necro aside from the worshipper staff. The lack of pure cold gear when it comes to wands and shields is obvious too. Frost would be the easiest to beef up.

The most intriguing thing i've noticed is the idea that the best totem build looks like it will actually be focused around minion damage and the conversion from Sentinels Sorrow. After calculating that spell damage, minion damage, minion life and the defensives from ideal gear, it looks like it will decimate any other setup.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Please do something about holy bolt and purify. Can't the missile just be sped up than what it is now? Yshari is infinitely harder just because you can't reliably hit him without walking into the fire broadside range because of how he side steps every shot.

This is not a rage post. It's just that purify and holy bolt have beena problem for years and its never been changed just because pro players still farm and sell the charms. New players even with a learning curve and few seasons of experience will not understand or enjoy these fights simply because of a small thing like the missile moving too slow for the monster speeds in median.

Either that or increase the lockout times. I dont mind being restricted to the gear set for yshari, but it heavily influences being able to prepare for the fight's mechanics (and whatever that new nova fire is that was meant to reduce visual clutter works for removing visual clutter, but there's no way to mechanically dodge the attack now since its a gigantic nova vs a 6 or 8 directional pyroblast.)

Any planned changes or is sigma still being made? I have the witch fight coming up as well, but I imagine this going a similar result

disclaimer: I like yshari, I think its one of the most well made ubers, but ever since giving valthek the ability to say "lol, lemme move away from this snail speed missile real quick" and tacking on a lockout timer (makes sense because endgame boss so i understand that), its exponentially harder just because of rng, not testing player skill
Xainn
Cultist
22 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
tranvanhieu wrote:
Xainn wrote:Not sure why, but since this patch even if you use the cube recipe to create the staff, you cannot enter the harem to skip the majority of act 2.. @.@.. I even have the quest to kill the summoner, have done radament.. So I'm guessing it's smashing the claw viper altar that's prohibiting me from going onward.. Kinda pointless don't ya think, or is it just a bug?

Wasn't sure figured I'd mention it also not sure if someone did if so, sorry.

Edit: Yes it's the claw viper altar preventing the entering.

Last season, people abused "open last WP please" to "save" 3 ancient fights - and can still go kill Ball (and come back later for easy leveling).
So, they block entering areas that have entrance requirement. I think they should just remove the shortcut recipes, it's just 5-10 min at most anyway.

I mean that's how it's been in Diablo since the beginning, 99% of players don't wanna replay thru the game, but I see where they're coming from. Its kinda silly to add the shortcuts, which have been here for years... and then suddenly make them stop working WITHOUT warning us ya know? I wasted 4 arcane crystals, not a big deal.. but still a waste.
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Base item drop rates.

Last patch I mentioned that there were a lot of some base items (at the time they were things like Ancient Armour, Blade and Lamellar Armour). Some (most?) are top of their item type and shoud drop less than the lower bases.

This time some of those are not dropping too much, except Blade is still a high drop rate. But now I'm seeing lots of some others such as Great Helm (top of its item class) and Stinger Xbow.

Just to clarify, I'm not talking about sacred types, but from Tier 1.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Hunting Banshee needs at least 1 additional projectile without the use of items that grant them. Right now, its 1 until level 78(2) and it stays that way until at least level 125(3, after getting max skill charms). That is a huge jump. Level 78 is still early game and level 125 is late game. By then, more than half of the endgame charms should already be acquired.

While leveling, the skill can feel okay at times but its just as frequently underwhelming. Its pretty bad to have over 20 points invested in a spell that gets beat out by 1 point in Rain of Fire. Honestly, Rain of Fire should be nerfed, because its too good, but its the only way to beat bosses without repeatedly running out of mana from spamming HB. Without RoF, some ubers with lockout timers would be nearly impossible trying to survive while mana recharges. Creature of Flame and Judgement Day come to mind.

Now, playing on realm has the benefit of easier access to the few items that can solve the damage issue but not everyone plays on realm. Some people play single player and lots of people prefer to play ssf(on realm) for various reasons.

Naiad King
Naiad King
Flamen Staff (4)

Two-Hand Damage: 6 to 7
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 4
Required Strength: 18
Item Level: 1
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Strength)%
+1 to Druid Skill Levels
+6% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
(21 to 30)% Duration Bonus to Mark of the Wild
+60 Spell Focus
+50% Damage to Undead
-(6 to 8)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(6 to 8)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Fire Resist +(11 to 20)%
Lightning Resist +(11 to 20)%
Poison Resist +(11 to 20)%
Socketed (2)
Two-Hand Damage: 13 to 16
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 25
Required Strength: 32
Item Level: 31
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
+9% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
(41 to 50)% Duration Bonus to Mark of the Wild
+90 Spell Focus
+50% Damage to Undead
-(11 to 13)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(11 to 13)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Fire Resist +(31 to 40)%
Lightning Resist +(31 to 40)%
Poison Resist +(31 to 40)%
Socketed (3)
Two-Hand Damage: 22 to 27
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 46
Required Strength: 69
Item Level: 51
+4 to Druid Skill Levels
+12% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
(61 to 70)% Duration Bonus to Mark of the Wild
+120 Spell Focus
+50% Damage to Undead
-(16 to 18)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(16 to 18)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Fire Resist +(51 to 60)%
Lightning Resist +(51 to 60)%
Poison Resist +(51 to 60)%
Socketed (4)
Two-Hand Damage: 27 to 33
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 138
Item Level: 77
+6 to Druid Skill Levels
+15% Bonus Elemental Damage to Mark of the Wild
(71 to 80)% Duration Bonus to Mark of the Wild
+150 Spell Focus
+50% Damage to Undead
-(18 to 20)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(18 to 20)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
Fire Resist +(61 to 70)%
Lightning Resist +(61 to 70)%
Poison Resist +(61 to 70)%
Socketed (4)
is obviously the best for early leveling but has no spell damage. By level 100, the ideal upgrade is
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
Runeword Level: 83
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
-(27 to 33)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
Maximum Life and Mana +5%
Elemental Resists +(35 to 45)%
(31 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
10% Magic Find
, and again, no spell damage. Beyond this there are sus, which a player can't expect to find playing solo, runewords that use great runes which can't be obtained until at least level 125 (assuming solo gameplay), and crafts. Crafting a decent stave takes a lot of luck. Not only is it important to try for at least as many skills as the currently used stave, but a good amount of spell dmg is important too. Crafting with sacred shrines for cold stats is almost a waste because while they do guarantee the cold stats, they are notoriously bad. I mean it feels like 95% of the time, its the lowest tier spell damage/pierce roll possible. Feels shitty when a high druid skill roll appears with 15% cold spell damage, 8 pierce and then 60% spell damage of a different element. I've always thought that high ilvl items shouldn't have the low(est) tier ed%/spell damage rolls in their spawn pools, because it just makes it that much harder to get something decent, when its already hard to do so.

Farming the right shrines is a pita because k3k is the ideal place to farm them and the build is very slow. The skeletons with the GDR aura are especially annoying.

Mana cost for hunting banshee is a bit higher than it should be. With about 70%+ mana regen, laek from
Earth Song
Earth Song
Hawk Helm (4)

Defense: (54 - 63) to (79 - 92)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 4
Required Strength: 25
Item Level: 10
5% Cast Speed
+(11 to 15)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(11 to 15)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(11 to 15)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(21 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(11 to 15)%
Cold Resist +(11 to 15)%
Poison Resist +(11 to 15)%
+(8 to 13) Mana after each Kill
Socketed (2)
Defense: (211 - 238) to (276 - 311)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 22
Required Strength: 50
Item Level: 31
10% Cast Speed
+(16 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(16 to 20)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(16 to 20)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(51 to 70)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(21 to 25)%
Cold Resist +(21 to 25)%
Poison Resist +(21 to 25)%
+(18 to 23) Mana after each Kill
Socketed (2)
Defense: (513 - 570) to (658 - 731)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 39
Required Strength: 175
Item Level: 51
15% Cast Speed
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(71 to 90)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(31 to 35)%
Cold Resist +(31 to 35)%
Poison Resist +(31 to 35)%
+(28 to 33) Mana after each Kill
Socketed (3)
Defense: (788 - 908) to (1004 - 1157)
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 48
Required Strength: 350
Item Level: 77
20% Cast Speed
+(26 to 30)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(26 to 30)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(26 to 30)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(91 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
Fire Resist +(36 to 40)%
Cold Resist +(36 to 40)%
Poison Resist +(36 to 40)%
+(33 to 38) Mana after each Kill
Socketed (4)
&
Pollice Verso
Pollice Verso
Gauntlets (4)

Defense: (48 - 54) to (90 - 102)
Required Level: 10
Required Strength:
Item Level: 19
4% Chance to cast level 3 Time Strike when Attacked
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
+(7 to 10) to Strength
+(6 to 10) Life after each Kill
+(6 to 13) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -8%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (216 - 239) to (333 - 369)
Required Level: 27
Required Strength:
Item Level: 36
8% Chance to cast level 5 Time Strike when Attacked
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(12 to 16) to Strength
+(16 to 20) Life after each Kill
+(21 to 28) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -16%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (583 - 635) to (854 - 930)
Required Level: 44
Required Strength:
Item Level: 59
12% Chance to cast level 7 Time Strike when Attacked
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
+(18 to 24) to Strength
+(26 to 30) Life after each Kill
+(36 to 43) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -24%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (875 - 946) to (1274 - 1378)
Required Level: 52
Required Strength:
Item Level: 85
14% Chance to cast level 8 Time Strike when Attacked
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
+(25 to 30) to Strength
+(31 to 35) Life after each Kill
+(43 to 50) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -32%
Socketed (4)
, its tolerable for normal non-boss related stuff. Thats 60 levels of orb space on jewelry and 2 gear slots dedicated to maintaining a mana pool for a build that doesn't shine in the damage department. At least Earth Song is a good helm as-is.

With endgame gear, the build is actually pretty good but getting there is another story because damage is poor.
The Biting Frost
The Biting Frost
Flamen Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 48 to 51
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 240
Item Level: 120
Ember Spirit Nullified
+2 Hunting Banshee Projectiles
+(9 to 10) to Druid Skill Levels
+150 Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(25 to 40)% to Cold Spell Damage
-(20 to 30)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
15% to Energy
Physical Resist 5%
5% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
gives two additional projectiles. Maybe instead of +2 it could give +1 and one could be worked into the base levels some way. A lower base level requirement with a cap of 3 would be nice. If it were 10, a player could hit 3 projectiles at base level 20 and then further scale the damage with sus/sha'ad helm and min/maxing spell damage and pierce.

Some decent runeword staves could be helpful. The ones that are actually useful for the build are too similar to one another, like + skills and pierce but 0 spell damage. The only option for a good midgame leveling/charming weapon is a craft and its risky investing time trying to craft something worthy when theres no guarantee of success in a reasonable amount of time, compared to other classes/builds that get by with a craft that just has high ed% and a proc.
Pennybags
Destroyer
6 | 1
Im not 100% sure of how +life after kill from spellbound is intended to work along with totems but something seems off. When totems kill monsters the player regains life (cool), but as far as I can tell the totems do not (bug?). My understanding from totemic mastery is that totems should inherit this LAK giving life return to both the player and the totem.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
The Demon Blood aura from Iron Golem (used "Lo" Paladin shield or Unique hexblade) is acting strangely.
It increases player's HP, but give no life regeneration,and won't work on minion HP (the HP bar got added an emptied space~about 25% max HP, but won't fill up full HP all).
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
Pennybags wrote:Im not 100% sure of how +life after kill from spellbound is intended to work along with totems but something seems off. When totems kill monsters the player regains life (cool), but as far as I can tell the totems do not (bug?). My understanding from totemic mastery is that totems should inherit this LAK giving life return to both the player and the totem.

the totems are worked as your spell, so it will heal you instead of the totem.