Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Jounzy wrote:
Crash wrote:
Jounzy wrote:Can anyone comment on the nerf of mf jewels ? If I'm not mistaken, the maximum mf that can be crafted with tir runes is 8% assuming you get both the max roll on the runes and the prefix. How is this balanced compared to the 7% of a lum rune and the 8% (for shields) of a perfect turquoise ?

Jewels also give extra affixes like speeds, resist, life, etc. runes/gems do not. Means an average MF jewel has less MF but overall more beneficial. Encourages crafting for best possible MF roll + other good stats instead of just socketing Lum runes.

Also, magic find doesn't make a huge difference. Focus on kill speed and maximizing MF without sacrificing kill speed.

I started wondering about mf when I saw a video of a 600ish mf sorc running Duncraig and compared it with my Vesseldin. Her clearing speed is probably a bit faster but she dropped far more uniques and set items than I am (I'm only at 160mf so got a lot of room to improve). Like between 2 or 3 times.

I agree that crafting good jewels would certainly result in higher damage and overall better stats (I have almost only zod crafted jewels on my gear right now) . But the number of jewels needed combined to the low chances to get a somewhat decent roll really made me wonder if the nerf wasn't too harsh.

I play non ladder so I drop and craft everything on my own. By balanced, I meant worth the effort/investment. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

link the video im curious
Jounzy
Prowler
15 | 0
Khamul wrote:
Jounzy wrote:
Crash wrote:
Jounzy wrote:Can anyone comment on the nerf of mf jewels ? If I'm not mistaken, the maximum mf that can be crafted with tir runes is 8% assuming you get both the max roll on the runes and the prefix. How is this balanced compared to the 7% of a lum rune and the 8% (for shields) of a perfect turquoise ?

Jewels also give extra affixes like speeds, resist, life, etc. runes/gems do not. Means an average MF jewel has less MF but overall more beneficial. Encourages crafting for best possible MF roll + other good stats instead of just socketing Lum runes.

Also, magic find doesn't make a huge difference. Focus on kill speed and maximizing MF without sacrificing kill speed.

I started wondering about mf when I saw a video of a 600ish mf sorc running Duncraig and compared it with my Vesseldin. Her clearing speed is probably a bit faster but she dropped far more uniques and set items than I am (I'm only at 160mf so got a lot of room to improve). Like between 2 or 3 times.

I agree that crafting good jewels would certainly result in higher damage and overall better stats (I have almost only zod crafted jewels on my gear right now) . But the number of jewels needed combined to the low chances to get a somewhat decent roll really made me wonder if the nerf wasn't too harsh.

I play non ladder so I drop and craft everything on my own. By balanced, I meant worth the effort/investment. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

link the video im curious

https://youtu.be/tyAcD1LY9bo
kissofaries
Daystar
674 | 8
My ideas for Dimensional Labyrinth:
- The entrances are served as next tier entrance
- Remove lockout, make TP has 300s cooldown via hidden aura? :coolstorybob:
- Riftstones are spawned as shortcut from tier 5 and above, can be changed as you see fits but pls don't let it become t10 only. This is to remove the bullshit riftstone droprate at higher tiers, also make them rarer
- Rework 1 shot stuffs (phoboss, unstable anomaly, e.t.c.)
- Nerf harpy and tunneler
Kevmonchan
Fallen
1 | 0
Hey everyone!

My friend and I were playing in the same game (both with established characters over lvl 50) when our games crashed simultaneously. The weird part is that for some reason, my friend's one character (in this case an amazon, for what it's worth) consistently gets kicked off of Bnet. Sometimes this happens immediately when he logs in with the character and is unable to even join chat, let alone a game; and sometimes he is able to attempt to join a game before the fatal "failed to join game" screen.

Has anyone run into this strange - and possibly unique - glitch in MedianXL?

Thanks in advance!!!
:mrgreen:
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Hi,
The skill Glacial Nova can freeze enemies, this is why it shares CD timers with other CC skills.
When used with
Absolute Zero
Absolute Zero
Battle Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 61 to 66
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 234
Item Level: 120
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.15 per Dexterity)%
Glacial Nova: +150% Total Damage
Fire Spell Damage Reduces Cold Spell Damage
Fire Pierce Reduces Cold Pierce
Glacial Nova Cooldown Reduced by 4 seconds
+50% Damage to Undead
-40% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+(20 to 30) to Glacial Nova
Maximum Fire Resist -5%
Maximum Cold Resist +10%
(50 to 100)% Bonus to Defense
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (4)
the freezing of GN is disabled and the damage is greatly increased.
This is why I think, that this item is designed to use GN as farming skill and not as CC or support skill. Is it possible to disable CC CD timer sharing for GN when used with this Staff?

Raven Heart: Tooltip is kinda bugged. The stated BUff duration scales like the old str scaled MotW buff Duration but in fact it is only 30 seconds no matter what is written in the tooltip.

Acid Fiends:
Tooltip still states old pre Nerf SD Bonus but the actuall gain is about 3/5 of that.
thismenu
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
On my Necro, I put 1 point into Parasite. I have +11 skills from gear and charms. That puts my Parasite at 12. I put on
Hellmouth
Hellmouth
Heavy Gloves (Sacred)

Defense: (1680 - 1976) to (3252 - 3566)
Required Strength: 525
Item Level: 105
Adds 125-250 Magic Damage
+12 to Rock Shock
+(140 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
+(500 to 2000) Defense
(11 to 15)% to Strength
Regenerate Mana -50%
Maximum Fire Resist +(1 to 2)%
(25 to 50)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (4)
which says "+12 to Parasite." My Parasite skill stays at 12.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
thismenu
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
When you cast Deathlord on the Necro, it has a 10 minute timer. That timer runs the first time you cast it. You can't rebuff it during that original timer. So if I cast Deathlord, go fight evil for 9 minutes, get to a boss, recast Deathlord, start fighting the boss.... The buff is going to run out in 1 minute, probably during the boss fight.

Also, without the old Deathlord polymorph, it's really hard to tell when it runs out. I usually can only tell by the amount of health I'm suddenly losing. :)
Daerouie
Stone Warrior
34 | 0
thismenu wrote:Also, without the old Deathlord polymorph, it's really hard to tell when it runs out. I usually can only tell by the amount of health I'm suddenly losing. :)

Been suffering the same problem. I've been tracking time ever since. After dying is the best time to rebuff though. lol

SLAIN SOUL(Cold): Hitbox is from the hip below. I only checked once though, but I had been having hard time to target these type of undead from Duncraig.

IDEA: I know this will not be too hard for coding since you've been doing it already. Can we make the bosses and minibosses drop specific gears (T1-T4 unique for Normal, sets for Nightmare, SU, SSU, SSSU for Hell),just like the trophies (which really takes a lot of grinding). No need to change the existing rifts. We still need those drop bias. The hard part would be on how to implement it, which uniques will drop in low level bosses/minibosses and which will drop on A5. To complete this idea, these bosses and minibosses will respawn alongside it's minions (maybe even regular mobs) after revisiting the instance where they can be found, like the spitters (not exactly) in Rathma Square. All we have to do is kill all monsters within the map, not including large maps like Cold Plains, Stony Field,..., Barracks in Act 1 (or maybe we could split them individually). I'm just hoping there is a way that I don't need to save and exit and play again just to reset the mobs(except for lockout dungeons). These are my thoughts shared.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
thismenu wrote:On my Necro, I put 1 point into Parasite. I have +11 skills from gear and charms. That puts my Parasite at 12. I put on
Hellmouth
Hellmouth
Heavy Gloves (Sacred)

+12 to Rock Shock
+(500 to 2000) Defense
(11 to 15)% to Strength
Regenerate Mana -50%
Socketed (4)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you got a "+X to skill Y", that you don't have a level on it. It works as is.
If you have already leveled skill Y, then in most cases "+X to skill Y" usually turn into "+3 to skill Y" - I think this is for balance reason.

There maybe exceptions to this rule, though.
Seekers
Ice Clan
597 | 99
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tranvanhieu wrote:
thismenu wrote:On my Necro, I put 1 point into Parasite. I have +11 skills from gear and charms. That puts my Parasite at 12. I put on
Hellmouth
Hellmouth
Heavy Gloves (Sacred)

+12 to Rock Shock
+(500 to 2000) Defense
(11 to 15)% to Strength
Regenerate Mana -50%
Socketed (4)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If you got a "+X to skill Y", that you don't have a level on it. It works as is.
If you have already leveled skill Y, then in most cases "+X to skill Y" usually turn into "+3 to skill Y" - I think this is for balance reason.

There maybe exceptions to this rule, though.

+oskills, if you have the skill in your tree can only give a +3 bonus at max.

However, for skills that scale off hard points (like parasite targrts); oskill versions are different. Like oskill parasite and necro tree parasite are different skills.

This is because the oskill versions use soft skil points for hard point bonuses (at a modified rate) or simply to get rid of weapon requeriments.