Sigma 1.1 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
lazyknob
Balrog
126 | 6
Pretty much what Crash said on Fusillade. Melee sorc's bladestorm or Wraithsword(which feels terrible compared to Bladestorm even if you're phy build in any situation), just doesn't cut it against bosses. That just leaves us with Fusillade. It's still a viable kill. I play SSF. Killed Baal when I was running around in a full set, no fancy SU or SSUs then.

To be fair, it's not even a mechanically complicated boss whose difficulty scales with your toolkit. For example (Kabraxis vs Melee Sorc, fusillade) vs (Kabraxis vs any melee toon with only pure melee skills i.e. Melee Necro). On the flipside, a fresh TU 120 melee necro(carnage) kills Baal faster than a geared sorc.

Additionally, you don't want to bring minions in as Baal will spawn as many himself according to some random thread I read somewhere.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
As far as I'm aware, Baal has a chance to summon the Visions and Minons of Destruction on his melee hit, but your own summons don't have defense ratings, so they get hit much more frequently. This is how I always understood it.
lunar.seven
Grubber
325 | 8
Crash wrote:As far as I'm aware, Baal has a chance to summon the Visions and Minons of Destruction on his melee hit, but your own summons don't have defense ratings, so they get hit much more frequently. This is how I always understood it.

ty Crash, nice info

want to ask, if someone else note this as true !?
sg7
Bone Archer
73 | 0
lunar.seven wrote:
Crash wrote:As far as I'm aware, Baal has a chance to summon the Visions and Minons of Destruction on his melee hit, but your own summons don't have defense ratings, so they get hit much more frequently. This is how I always understood it.

ty Crash, nice info

want to ask, if someone else note this as true !?

my necro note this as true.
thismenu
Dark Huntress
14 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I think Baal is meant to be VERY powerful. He's the final boss... kinda... It's something to build towards. If you could just kill him easily, this game would be called World of Warcraft.
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Phalanx suggestion. Phalanx is good as a single target skill but you have to get a lot of the summoned amazons to hit the target - since the player can't control the direction this can be a problem in a few ways, some of which can be worked around, some are not so easy.

It's a major problem with bosses that stay in a corner or with their back to a wall (turning the skill through 90 degrees only works half the time - when the amazons are firing in the right direction).
It's also not great with fast moving bosses.

To solve the corner issue, is it possible to make the skill always summon the same number of amazons? Atm we sometimes get just the number that can be squeezed into the space available, but what if there could be more than one zon in one place, sort of summoning them on top of each other?

Other alternative is to have the extras summon in the nearest available place, so they might not be in a straight line in some circumstances. Actually that would be more of a true phalanx shape, since the phalanx used to be more than one line deep iirc.

It wouldn't solve all the issues but it would be better in many cases.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
just put 15 points in and you can summon as many as you want.

not a terrible suggestion for wall encounters though, nice thought
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Crash wrote:just put 15 points in and you can summon as many as you want.

not a terrible suggestion for wall encounters though, nice thought

Thanks. :)

Perhaps I should have said - this was based on 15 points, I find it still has those problems. I get round some of them by summoning lots of lines which is only possible with 15 points but it doesn't handle all the issues (like the wall/corner thing).

I notice that I seem to be able to summon more than one line/phalanx in the same place (or maybe 'almost the same place') since the damage goes up, so it seems possible to have more than one summoned amazon in one spot. So maybe it wouldn't be much of a change to the code? Dunno, I'm just surmising based on what I see.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
You can spam them in the same place. Depending on your cast rate, you might not notice the density of the arrows increasing because of the intervals between casting/initial spawn/fire rate. They definitely stack.

Generally if something gets pushed into a corner, you will just barrage or wyrmshot/rapid wyrmshot to bring them back out.
PlayerOne
Abomination
155 | 8
Crash wrote:You can spam them in the same place. Depending on your cast rate, you might not notice the density of the arrows increasing because of the intervals between casting/initial spawn/fire rate. They definitely stack.

Generally if something gets pushed into a corner, you will just barrage or wyrmshot/rapid wyrmshot to bring them back out.

Good to see it confirmed that they stack - but stacking doesn't help if only one is hitting (or even none in some cases).

I've never found Wyrmshot makes any difference to whether they stay put or come out though - not sure why it would? And if we're taking high damage then Wyrmshot doesn't really do enough single target damage to keep doing that for long (especially with low leech from just 1 target etc).

Phalanx seems to knockback, so the problem can just repeat (when you get the boss out it gets knocked back into the corner/wall).