Sigma 1.1 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
GreyRook
Balrog
132 | 1
While I like that the game now has a built-in list of what buffs and debuffs are currently affecting you, right now there seems to be no way of telling what the buffs are, what they do, or how long they will last. Basically, I'd like it if the devs would add some tooltips to the list.

I understand that you had to put the 'reveal map' hotkey somewhere, but what in the world possessed you to put it on 'R'? I kept pressing it by accident until I unbound that function.

The launcher randomly decided to uninstall itself for no apparent reason. At least I can still play the game by starting vanilla, but it's still a bit annoying.

Can't say I like your character being able to run for such a short time. I would also like it if you added a tooltip to the stamina bar because it took me a while to figure out what it was.

The 'hitbox' for the belt slots seem to be misplaced; they're located below where the graphics suggest they are. At least on my install. It took me a while to figure out how to place potions in the upper slots because of this.
Captain Red
Skeleton
2 | 0
What's up with the size of the hitbox on the sunless angel's orb attacks? It hits in a circle like 4 times the size of the little fireball, which makes it almost impossible to actually dodge. It also seems to have a chance to hit you quite a few more times than it looks like it should, with some single fireballs hitting 3-4 times each. Combine that with the angel's relentless spam of this ability, the fights end up hard for exactly the wrong reasons, mostly due to bad readability and not knowing where to dodge/not being able to dodge.
titan015
Stone Warrior
33 | 4
Has been reported already but bats from assassins randomly die. They are supposed to be stronger yet they feel significantly weaker then older version. There's also no way for us to know the stats of the bats so we can't know for sure if they are really buffed.
Gzeno
Sasquatch
68 | 6
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Ima talk about the paladin unholy melee tree. The whole tree hasnt changed since I started playing 3 year ago and theres a reason its not popular.

Terror Strike: Concept is good, but lasts 5 second? Really? The ENTIRE tree relies on this skill, I know theres a belt that double its duration, but sacrificing a slot (which btw the belt is not good at all) of equipment for convenience is bad design. If Moonstrike(melee sorc) last 20 sec +, Terror strike can last 20 sec too.

Lemures: Great skill, deals decent single target damage but could use some kind of AoE damage buff. If theres to many mobs on the screen, this attack becomes unreliable.

Black Sleep : Why is this still in the game? What the hell am I suppose to accomplish with this? Change it for something thats atleast worth a 1-pointer. Come on, its time.

Blood Thorn : Damage is WAYYY too low, even with its buffed it just received. This skill is also very boring and unoriginal. Lemures is unique and feels great to attack with, but Blood Thorn is underwhelming and feels weak in single target and AoE.

Hymn: Nothing to say here.

Superbeast :This skill greatly improve the unholy melee tree, but it also kills it. Why? :
Minimum hit recovery frame : 7 !! That's more than double the hit recovery of a melee sorceress! Sorceress can easily reach 3 hit recovery frame!

Having this much hit recovery frame on a MELEE is simply frustrating and is killing the synergy of the build.

I could write down a full list of why unholy melee is bad but..

TLDR, unholy melee sucks. Rework/buff it. Its unpopular for a reason.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide

After playing Sigma some more, I've noticed several issues that were implemented, so I want to talk about those issues.

1) Sprint
Yes we have already talked about it a lot, and I'm sure you can't hear it anymore. The sprint mechanic is simply aweful. It makes you want to abuse bugs in order to free up another finger. The idea behind it (Having a Oh-Shit-Button to escape fast) might really be good, but the execution is aweful, because it feels punishing to sprint, not rewarding. One way to make it feel rewarding is for example giving the player a little visible defense boost of like 50% TCD while walking, and make walking faster again. Right now walking through Ureh is aweful. The zombies are as fast as you, so if you just keep walking you'll never get away. Or the same in Duncraig. If you just walk away as soon as you see a barrel, you won't always get away. Ofc that heavily depends on how much FWR you have, but all in all being slow is not fun. Another way would be to exchange sprint completely with a short-ranged teleport like Flash from LoL, give it no cast animation and an instantaneous effect. That way you also have an Oh-Shit-Button to get away in dire situations.
Either way, please revert that back to the original or rework this. The way it's now it's not fun, it's only tedious.

2) SU's are locked away behind a heavy level wall.
I have 142 sigs eaten. During the time I ate all those sigs, I only found 6 SU's in total. Stone Guardian, Silverhood, Lacuni Cowl, Zayl's Temptation, Quov Tsin's Talisman and Griefbringer. That's it. The rest are set items and sigs found in Torajan Jungles. Tran Athulua is now a completely trash uber. You neither find SU's nor more Uniques than you could farm in hatred by killing Mephisto. The exp in TA is also overshadowed by the new, good uber in the same level range: K3K. In K3K I found 2 SU's, many more sets and I gained lots of Exp in a shorter time. Which makes TA basically useless. So there's no good way to farm SU's until you get to Duncraig, which sucks. You have to rely on sets, and many of the sets are still not balanced or feel good to use at all. There are so many issues like Witchhunter set not having a shield, even though you devs admitted that wielding 2 weapons in D2 is bugged, or necro summon set giving lots of strength instead of useful stats.
To get to the point: You have to rely on sets, but sets aren't balanced at all. It also causes the same mistake D3 made: You force people to use sets for an upgrade (else you can only rely on RW's and elemental RW's) and SU's are locked behind Duncraig, which means you force people to get into certain builds. A Bow paladin? There's no set for that. A sword zon? No set for that either. You basically tell people: Play what everyone plays, else you won't get any progress.
Note: This is a highly hyperbolic paragraph. I do understand that you want people to also use sets of different characters, it's just that before you make people rely on sets you should fix them. That's all I want to say. And make SU's more accessible in TA because atm TA is useless.

3) Big, empty areas only artificially increase ladder duration.
There are many, many areas that were added like the Silver Spire 1 and 2, Silver City, Subterrenean Corridor, Bramwell and so on and on. While I do enjoy their looks and exploring the new stages, I do think it's only a matter of time before I'll get tired of them. Just look at WoW. When it started the player numbers exploded because everyone wanted to get to know this new world. But nowadays everyone knows every area, so it's just mindless, boring grinding to get to the max level. For a short player number boost, it's great to add new areas, but those areas are mostly completely useless connection areas that add nothing but a longer time to get to your farming zone, which means you artificially increased ladder duration because it takes a lot longer to get to the areas. Just look at Caldeum. There' no easily walkable way, you always get stuck somewhere when you walk or you have to look for a new way... if you don't have teleport there, this area is annoying, useless, boring and way too big. Couple that with the sprint mechanic and congrats you have a boring game.
Yes I've read you want to add new waypoints in the future and I'm really looking forward to this, because the way it is now, it's completely contradicting to your general philosophy.
On one hand you make the game more for casual players, lowering the difficulty in the leveling to 100 part and lowering difficulty in general. On the other hand you want them to grind more and more. So this game is now neither for casuals nor for hardcore players. What kind of players do you want to attract? You should really make up your mind about that.
shr1mp
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
please make paladin buffs castable in town

u cant wear your gear if no demiurge activated, why can't we cast that and sacred armor in town? why were the buff duration items removed from the game neutral paladin is literally unplayable when the servers are shitty. no fun at all. just frustration.

also my gear unequips if demiurge is not active .... soooo i have to press W twice (have u done this with high ping?) in order to play my character + i have to go outside of town to buff myself, and by the time i go in the portal to the actual zone i want to play in, i have to rebuff again because 20 seconds buff duration is ASS. thats really annoying

also.... how am i supposed to kill the magic tower next to kabraxis in order to upgrade my black road charm to enter fauztinville as a neutral paladin? i have no spell/attack which deals magic damage i have no items with oskills that deal magic damage,i could respec and spam slayers but do i really have to use 2 belladonnas to progress ? speaking of belladonnas am i just unlucky or do they just never drop? i got 1 total from lvl 1-125
Edited by shr1mp 5 years.
EnkerZan
Bone Archer
71 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Some suggestions I would like to make after seeing what Sigma is capable of...

1. When transmuting items in the cube, make the items appear on the top right instead of the bottom right. This will make speed-cubing much more efficient.

2. When you get around to adding more stash tabs, I highly recommend putting in some Path of Exile style stash tabs into the game for storing crafting materials etc. This will make organization much more fluent.

3. Replace the gem shrine with something more useful like a shrine of belladonna or something. Right now they are completely useless.

4. Sprint doesn't last long enough, maybe add some passive stamina drain decrease somewhere. Some of the maps in this mod are ridiculously huge.

5. Fix the potion bar so that you can interact with all the slots regardless of what window is up behind it.

6. Implementing Diablo 3 style status affix timers with visible numbers would be ideal for keeping track of buffs etc.

7. More info for characters inside the character tab similar to what plugY displayed would be helpful.

8. Add special inventory slots for the cube, charms, keys, and crafting tools so we no longer have to store them in the stash.

9. Rework the gloves list for tiered uniques, the selection kinda sucks because most are too similar to each other.

10. For the love of god, please find and fix that goddamn bug with the mercenaries getting stuck when porting to wherever!
Secretus
Fallen
1 | 0
Feedback from SP melee necro

Glad to see that the Sigma patch is finally out. Been playing it pretty much daily since release and have been enjoying most of the improvements. However, there are still some persistent issues regarding the gameplay as one approaches any of the higher level content (Act 3 Hell and onward).

The biggest issue so far is that a few boss encounters in the game become a sort of kludge of enemies and the visual effects for spells. The mob density and the sheer speed at which they attack and cast spells is honestly too overwhelming to be manageable in any capacity. For example, when fighting Mephisto on Hell difficulty, he summons more ads and casts several spells within just a few short seconds. Since the mobs are so numerous and fast, the screen is filled with enemies and their respective spell effects, and it becomes almost impossible to discern what is going on. This is not to say that this happens 100% of the time, but it happens often enough to be a real issue. A potential solution to this problem would be to slow the gameplay down, reduce or limit the number of times an enemy (boss or otherwise) can spawn additional enemies, and add some indicators for what is happening on screen. A perfect example of the last item is when Baal casts one of his most powerful spells, it leaves a marker on the floor for roughly two seconds before exploding. The sunless sea is another example of flooding the screen with enemies to the detriment of the player experience.

In short, many of the boss encounters, both in the main campaign and the uberlevels need to be tuned down a bit. Please balance these kinds of encounters in whatever way feels necessary, but PLEASE make it less of a (for lack a better phrase) clusterfuck where enemies fill the screen and do everything three times the player character's speed.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
*The creature of flame summons so many minions that the game freezes and i have to quit, there's like 70+ monsters in that place.
*The level lock make some ubers like king koth and the CoF impossible to some builds, it should be removed for SP.
*Cruciator, Thunderbolt, Fireblood and others sometimes deal 1 hit KO in nightmare+
*You can't use potions by right clicking in the belt anymore.
*You can't shift+click potions after the full rejuvenation to the belt.
*Acid Fiends show level 5 poison flash level.
*The name of the boss should be shown even after you die.
*Would be useful to have descriptions for the activated buffs and debuffs by hovering the mouse on them.
*The stamina wears too fast, it last around 3 seconds and you have to walk for long distances wasting tons of time.
*Sometimes the merc disappears and become invisible but appears after some time, other times the merc disappears and its needed to open a portal and enter on it to it to reappear.
*A3 merc AI don't activate if he is too far from the enemies.
*SU's are gone, it's almost impssible to find one, it's not viable to farm for SU's anymore.
*Rapture only gives 1% to all speeds per base level instead of 3 like the skill says.
plts88
Acid Prince
49 | 2
There is a game-breaking bug with a monster called Djinn and its teleport -attacks.

Difficulty: Nightmare
Character: Necromancer in Deathlord form
Skill: Angel of Death
Monster: Djinn
Place: Flayer Jungle

Jumping around with Angel of Death near Djinn monsters makes the game crash. (DC)

edit: actually seems more like a loop. can't send any new commands, but gear broke after 10 minutes, and I was alive with 0hp.