Sigma 1.1 Bugs & Feedback

Discuss Median XL!
enric1010
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I imbued a warp blade with a nice roll. Left multiplayer game, made a new one. Warp blade was equipped and now its a magic item without the mind flay roll, le sigh
Glow-Worm
Bone Archer
76 | 3
The mana cost for Widowmaker is a bit over the top. Even with the mandatory sMaxing of Embalming and only investing 10 points into Widowmaker, you run out of mana after 4-6 seconds. The fact that you don't need a minion to cast is a great QoL addition to the skill, but I feel like the mana cost essentially becomes a built-in cooldown for the skill.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Trade window fucks up and gives you a crash error more often than not.

from what I've been able to tell, it happens when you hover over an item in the trade panels and then move off the item to click accept, and then upon hitting a certain cell or box or something, boom crash.
TTraw1
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
Feedback, eh?

Okay then, here we go:
Assassin:
- Batstrike.
2 things about the minions. From what I've experienced they feel WEAKER than in their previous iteration, they die muuuch faster, albeit I think they deal slightly more damage. But it isn't the worst thing about them right now. Why do these minions disappear over time? Not only they have ridiculous requirement to summon, you are forced to do it over and over again? It would have been fine with old batstrike, where you could release all of the effect at once, but as the skill is right now, it is, for me unacceptable. This skill has increased attack speed, weirdly forced chance to miss (is it even a bug or intentional? It's been like that since eternity) and now only releases effect of current charge. You can easily miss the charge you want to release multiple times. It doesn't feel good to summon them at all.

- Wychwind.
Personal opinions differ, and personally, I hate new wychwind looks. In darker areas, you can barely see the flying daggers, barely see the effects, and effects are incredibly ugly, and that comes from someone who thought that previous wychwind was the best looking skill in the entire game. The broken hitbox didn't change at all, so what was even the point of this. Balance wise, I personally think that the flying daggers need to damage enemies, and the fire- ehh, i mean, those small black dots - needs to do less damage per ticks. Wychwind is currently too situational of an ability, and could easily be made into more general purpose skill.

- Shuriken Flurry
I am not sure if it is related to increased resolution size, but I feel like their range is a little smaller. Nevertheless, it's only the visuals that bother me. The shurikens are too small for the projectile hitox. A simple increase in size would help greatly. The projectiles were much bigger and brighter previously, and although they didn't fit the name, they showed a much more clear representation of this skill hitboxes.

- Overall Assassin skill tree design
This is not necessarily Sigma only case, but I would like to point of how badly - carelessly - her skill tree is structured since the beginning of times. Assassin has too much passive skills that need to be maxed out in order for 90% of her builds to work properly. Perfect being, Way of the spider, Way of the phoenix, way of the gryphon, laserblade, claw passive, her challenge skill. I think the intention was to make any of wdm based Oskill be viable on sin, making her more customizable, but in the end, it actually limits sin on possibilities her tree can be build.
Suggested solution to this problem:
Make her lvl 90 passive into Way of the Kraken. This passive would have all of the 3 ways passives combined. To make it feel more interesting, make it also have Kraken reanimates for each Hard Point into the skill. Remove ways from her base skill trees. Replace them with something fun and interactive, and preferably, 1 pointers. I wouldn't mind getting her clone from normal diablo back, but what would these skills actually be I would leave them to the mod team.

- Consider giving her Nuclear Bomb buff an increase in magic spell damage, to make it not feel like 1 pointer and actually give it some build purpose.

Paladin:
I like the new neutraldin concept. But there are 3 things that bother me. A lot.
- He doesn't have any dmg skill, and euphoria is kinda pointless.
- His Sacred Armor and demiurge buffs. Why in the world they are limited to 20 sec duration. It's not like you can't keep them all up continuously. Making them needed to be cast every 20 seconds isn't fun, difficult nor challenging. It's unreasonable and annoying. Even simple increase in duration with hardpoints would be appreciated for this annoying mess.
- Ultimate skill. What. The. Hell. I am seriously surprised you cannot go for the morphs. Resurrect is really bad ability, that does absolutely nothing without heavy investment into minion stats, which isn't something you really want to do on paladin. Maybe give these resurrected minions an helpful aura or something. It needs something that makes people not think "I wish I wasn't neutrualdin" whenever they reach lvl 90.
---
- Cherubin. I am not sure what is the point of the cooldown lockdown with skill points on this. It only will allow it to be usable on late-game builds, if it proves any good. Just when I thought I could use some cool skill while leveling my neutraldin.

Other:
- Why ubers like Horror Under Tristram don't show on minimap? I seriously found it by accident.
Harkle
Skeleton
2 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I am really happy with almost all the changes, except one small thing, which really killed all the fun for me. The new leveling system.

New XP gain after lvl 110 is just too slow. I cant play more than a few hours in a day because of my job. And i literally spent a few nights to progress from 115-120 and after i got all the 120 charms, I cant get myself to try to level to 125 because how long it will take and i cant enter half of the rifts/dungeons because im not high level enough.

And i always liked to do one starter character in a fresh season to get some good items/charms for another build and than start a new character. But considering how long it took to just level one character to 120 starting a new character doesnt sound fun or practical at all. And this limits me to only one character, i can never try all the new great fun SU item i found for other characters because it will take an absurd time to level it to the same level.

I guess this mod just isnt for me anymore, I am not whining or anything, I really understand some hardcore players might want this XP grinding of the same zone over and over. I simply dont have enough time for this much of it.

Thanks for all your hard work and the fun you gave to me over the years.

Peace
mahitovec
twitch.tv/mahitovec
1799 | 190
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Im not sure but it feels that merc's AI didn't get adapted to hires, feels like he's vision and following range is based on lowres. Quite cancer to manupulate him. Is there a chance to fix it?
Also for gods love fix mouse buttons bug please.
Pala minions mana cost should be lowered by 100%.
Not sure if intended, but aura from Lo pala shield doesnt affect minions/merc.
lavasoft
Jungle Hunter
28 | 13
Teganze is absolutely ridiculous this patch, I already considered the Trader's Chest to be essentially worthless and a waste of time to dump gems into even when I had the storage capabilities of plugy but now that it takes essences instead of gems and still gives the same garbage stats that provide very little to almost any build, it's completely and utterly meaningless. I assumed it wouldn't eat the essence since I did 3 full runs of teganze and got like 4-5 essences total and only one primal rune (lol) but it actually does eat the essence which requires a mentally handicapped amount of grinding to complete one "Umbaru Treasure" let alone rerolling for another one considering it's very likely that the stat distribution will damage your character rather than boost it. I didn't even get one essence in my most recent run, the whole area, two mind-numbing squares of gremlin towers and eight corners of hypercube boredom for nothing but a goddamn sacred unique goedendag which i can't even use. Being limited to +40% movement speed only exponentiates my suffering by 40.
The amount of grinding required for this entire update is just insane, I can't even comprehend it. I grinded almost not at all in the previous patches and could still complete the majority of the game, but now all of these ubers that I have completed before on a weaker character are locked to me, wtf. Teganze is just the icing on the grind cake, I can't wait to do a million dunc runs or whatever to get to 125, it's going to be such a joy wow, I don't even have the energy to blue my sarcasm. The engine changes are cool and great but I feel like there were serious mistakes made with this patch that I'm sure are going to get rectified later.
Crosby4HyG
Core Lord
395 | 24
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
First of all, many thanks to the creators and developers of this mod. A lot of time and effort went into making it run like a full-fledged product from a large developer, and it's clear that player's suggestions are being taken into consideration.

My question/suggestion is regarding the application of Mystic Orbs onto ethereal items. I find it unfortunate that there's no way to add my choice of bonus' onto a unique item that rolls ethereal, especially an extremely rare drop like a Sacred Unique. I do of course realize that ethereal items have a flat bonus of either 50% enhanced damage/defense. I'm assuming that Mystic Orb bonuses can't be applied to ethereal items because it would make those items too good, so it was decided that a player could either have ethereal or mystic orb bonus on their gear.

The problem I'm encountering is that the ethereal bonus is simply inferior to Mystic Orbs. At the very least, +75% ED is possible on a non eth item through the use of orbs. My question is, in a game with so much customization why is there no option to re-roll an item for a chance of making it non-eth? It could be a very expensive crafting process, maybe 10 Arcane Crystals, a few top runes and a possible chance for some negative stats on the item. It really makes it less fun to find that special piece of end-game gear you've been hunting for when you realize it's eth and you can't apply nearly the bonuses you were hoping to. Thanks for reading and sorry for such a long post.

Tl;dr - It would be great if the devs could add an option to remove the ethereal modifier from a unique item so that Mystic Orb bonuses could be applied.
Tadace
Sasquatch
63 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Quick feedback on some ubers and other stuff:

Infernal Machine - Thing has too much life, whole point of the uber is to be quick in and quickly take down machine.

Tal Rasha - Felt too easy after the removal of the pierce. Bring back some pierce?

Creature of Flame - Wasn't even sort of challenging now that the old immune mechanic removed. I don't want to bring back the immune mechanic, but beef him up since it's a straight fight.

Akarat - Make his heal heal for more but have a cooldown. The RNGness of the healing ruins what's basically a dps check.

Jitan - Too many guard towers. Increase cooldown or reduce the duration. Beef them up to compensate if it becomes too easy.

King Koth - The stun locks have to go. Remove the stun or make it so they don't lock (immune to stun buff after being stunned).

K3K - Just want to say how much better this uber is compared to what it used to be.

Black Road - A bit easy, not necessarily a bad thing since a skill is gated behind it.

Azmodan - Generally feels overtuned and is significantly harder than the other ubers in this tier.

Judgement Day - Too easy. Increase the timer for the bonus and make them beefier.

Duncraig - Disable the fleeing of the elementals. Fleeing enemies are just annoying.

Ureh - Consider just removing the banner and shack mechanic. Or make it easier to find by either putting two banners for a better heading or the shack closer.

Triune - Thank you for redoing this uber. It is now creative and challenging rather than the most frustrating encounter ever conceived.

Kabraxis - Remove the regen on the elementals. If you have the dps to kill the adds faster than they spawn, you should have the dps to work down the main one. Access to Fauntz is currently gated behind an encounter that is likely impossible to complete by any single character.

Xazax - Guy has way to much hp. Remove the lockout. The spawning penitents is a good "soft lock".

Toraja - Make Edyrem significantly tankier. This uber should make every player feel like a powerful summoner. Maybe increase celebrant damage to compensate difficulty.

Vizjun - Mines do too much damage.

Astrogha - Remove this entire fight from the game. But really, there's too many mechanics at work in this fight that all synergize to create an overwhelmingly frustrating experience. Consider a rework.

Zorun Tsin - Make rats killable. Perhaps make rats immune only when statue nearby similar to Zorun.

Bremmtown - Felt really easy, add some diversity in enemies?

Let's talk about Purify. Purify is a bad mechanic, plain and simple. It's slow, frustrating to use, and just not fun. I'd suggest making it a small area curse (similar to demonic charm) and instead of dealing damage have it temporarily remove damage immunity. This might cause conflicts with other bosses where removing the immunity would ruin the encounter and might take some work to implement.

That's all, I haven't completed all the 125s yet and I'm not sure I'll finish them anytime soon. In general Median is significantly better and less sadistic since the last time I played it. A lot of the mechanics that truly frustrated me have been removed or reworked. The game is still challenging but doesn't see the player at the mercy of a random one-shot at any moment.
Fridgey
Imp
5 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
First of all I'd like to say big fan, I love the direction. I'm really enjoying neutraldin.

Buuut if I'm honest, the buff durations make me want to kill myself. They also have really awkward after cast delay/interaction with server lag where the end result is that every twenty seconds, I need to recast or I will get one shot when my defenses and gear all turns off. Resurrect is useless and that feels bad buts easy to accept as just being a quirk of the path of neutral. Buff duration is seriously hampering my enjoyment however, I don't feel balance would be greatly affected by allowing the duration to scale somehow.