Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
So, I'm going to post this, I've been sharing it between a few people on the discord and all of them have found it extremely helpful.

To start this off, a lot of people are confused on how to properly gear a Neutraldin, and therefore have been saying it's garbage post 100.

I am Net_Neutrality on ladder lvl 139 as of updating this, I've killed almost every single boss 125 or lower, some taking seconds Quov Tsin - 15 second kill
So for people who say neutraldin falls off, or doesn't work please just forward them my way, I'll happily change their minds. ( also the first paladin on server to of killed Hell Baal )

Now that that post is over addressing the viability of this class style, I will say it isn't that newbie friendly.

The main issues with the class are you need to constantly rotate your buffs, failure to do so will instantly result in death, with the servers sometimes lagging this can be quite frustrating.

Anyway! Onward to a poorly written up quick stetch of what you should have gear wise to help you progress and farm easily!

Core skills

Vessel of Judgement: Super Max

Vessel of Retribution: Put left over points here for some increase in single target dps

Life and Death: Super Max

Solstice and Equinox: One point

Demiurge: Enough points to wear all gear without investment

Sacred armour: SMAX

Blessed life: Enough points to get 30% damage reduction

Divine Apparition: 1 point wonder

feel free to 1 point summons

I prefer to put the rest of my points into Rapture for increased movement speed and easier time hitting breakpoints

Starting gear

TU angel Star Good phys % scaling, and high energy as well as solid + skills

Tu Coronet High phys % scaling + skills

Tu Heraldric shield Good Vessel damage scaling

Tu Belt/sash Good caster belts

Rare/honorific gloves For resistances

Rare/honorific boots For Resistances

Ith RW Chest piece + skills

Tier gear up as you progress

Nightmare gear

Tu4 Angel Star with +4 skills

Tu4 Coronet with high % phys rolls

Tu4 Heraldric shield with high vessel % dmg

Tu 4 Belt for resistances

Pul rw gloves for + skills

Kra RW chest piece for life and + 2 skills

Ath boots for damage reduce + skills

Hell Gear

Tu4 Angel Star

Tu4 Coronet

Tu4 Heraldric shield

Vith belt rw for DR%

Kra RW chest

Pul RW gloves

Ath RW boots

Mid game gear

Dead Lake's Lady Very similar weapon to the Tu4 Angel star, just better in all aspects. Do not go for the vesseldin dagger

Eerie crafted paladin helmet with 100 + Energy factor, + skills and high base energy

Eerie crafted chest with 100 + EF 2 skills and % all attributes or +flat all attributes

Enchanted crafted shield with +4-5 pally skills + bear stance + 20%+ Phys % (bear stance will cap your dr% to 50% as well as provide a significant defense boost to avoid damage

Eerie crafted Ilvl 1 boots (rare ring + ammy + rare boots cubed returns ilvl 1, this removes the chance to roll a lot of mods which we don't need like + sin skills) Aim for 100 EF and high energy

Yaerius belt EF/Phys%/Vessel damage + Huge % energy buff. This belt may even be best in slot, haven't found anything to 1 up it yet. although a perfect eerie may

Enchanted crafted gloves with +2 pally skills, and close to 30-40% phys spell damage

Amulet should be +4 skill phys %

Rings should be + 1 skill phys %

For those who are curious about stat points, I can't really say how many points into energy etc. There's an online chart which shows Energy factor Vs Energy value, you want to push energy / EF until you 're about to touch the deep red colour, as after that you gain no benefit. Once you hit that peak, rest into vitality is the best choice of action.
For the energy standpoint. I aim to get 475% spell damage, and enough energy/ef that my skill says 440% synergy, (449 is pushable but the diminishing returns are massive)

End Game Gear

Weapon: Oris Herald - single target bosses
Adjudicator - Highest Vessel damage
The Angiris Star - Tanky weapon due to leech good for high dmg zones like Bremm and viz-jun
Armour: Well crafted EF chest ( or if EF capped, Phys spell% )
Helmet: Black Masquerade
Shield: The Collector with 6x Ghal runes
Gloves: 2 pally skills high phys %
Belt: Lunar Eclipse ( have yet to test ) or Yaerius
Amulet: +4 Vizjerei's with high phys% and energy %
Rings: +1 all skills 25%+ Phys spell damage with EF if possible
Boots: Spirit walkers

This gear will grant you over 60k VoJ damage or VoR if you choose to play that way (using adjudicator) or around 37-40k with oris/angiris

Bosses this build struggles with
Xazax (early on due to targetting issues)
Astrogha (Well.. no single target) - Making a cold set up and using hailstorm makes this fight easy, just annoying
Haven't tried 130 zones, or yshari. But I know Dontinquire (Red shirt guy) Did Yshari on his neutraldin so it's doable. Just Yshari has it's own mechanics

If anyone has questions, concerns, or just wants to see the build in action I've recently started streaming it on my twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/tgtalcon
Edited by TgTalcon 5 years.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
TgTalcon wrote:I can solo an 8 player duncraig as well as teganze
what 8 players are you talking about ?
TgTalcon
Pit Knight
108 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
ChuckNoRis wrote:
TgTalcon wrote:I can solo an 8 player duncraig as well as teganze
what 8 players are you talking about ?

Playing in 8 player public games, while they are farming cows or w/e I can run duncraig in about the same time.
Erionn
Destroyer
6 | 0
I was about to message you on discord asking for some info, and saw you put this up lol. I'm 121 atm clearin duncraig fairly well but definitely feel some improvements could be made, this helps a lot. Thanks!

One quick question actually, given the choice of crafting a Gothic Plate or Ancient Armor, do you take the higher base defense or the lower ms penalty?

Also assuming just phys/magic MO on everything?
TgTalcon
Pit Knight
108 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Erionn wrote:I was about to message you on discord asking for some info, and saw you put this up lol. I'm 121 atm clearin duncraig fairly well but definitely feel some improvements could be made, this helps a lot. Thanks!

One quick question actually, given the choice of crafting a Gothic Plate or Ancient Armor, do you take the higher base defense or the lower ms penalty?

You'll want a higher base because bear stance will multiple the defense value giving you around 100-200k defense.

And for Mo's yes, phys% on every piece of gear = 100% phys spell damage, which provides a huge boots
Erionn
Destroyer
6 | 0
TgTalcon wrote:
Erionn wrote:I was about to message you on discord asking for some info, and saw you put this up lol. I'm 121 atm clearin duncraig fairly well but definitely feel some improvements could be made, this helps a lot. Thanks!

You'll want a higher base because bear stance will multiple the defense value giving you around 100-200k defense.

And for Mo's yes, phys% on every piece of gear = 100% phys spell damage, which provides a huge boots

Sounds good, anything special with the Merc or just usual stuff?
Orcao
Imp
4 | 0
As a complete newb to MedianXL, and someone who doesn't really remember how to do it in D2 either.... what were you doing for your stat points? 100% energy? Also, what are you doing with your Merc? I was using the A2 Werebear for the longest time, but now he seems to blow up instantly against certain mobs, but be near unkillable against everything else, including being able to facetank previous act bosses.

I went in blind with Neutraldin and ended up hitting a wall on NM Baal. I think I was carried through the earlier parts by Hail of Stones from the Takfir (Sha+pally blunt) runeword.
SirJean
Rust Claw
89 | 0
You don't need to go 100% energy with demiurge stat bonus.

For your merc what kind of monsters blow it up? With decent gear it can tank almost anything.
Orcao
Imp
4 | 0
I think it's the lava golems that shoot a billion fire projectiles that continue shooting post-mortem, but I'm not usre. Like I said, it tanks everything like a boss, but it blows up instantly to something in the Worldstone Keep / Throne area, not 100% sure to what, but I probably need to upgrade its gear. My biggest problem is I didn't invest in Demiurge, I still have my NM reset to fix things with so I'll probably be fixxing my build later tonight.
Makrel
Prowler
15 | 5
What do you think about Bear Stance for Neutraldine? On a private server, well suited.
I used on the shrine crafting shield, but before that it's available from the runewords "Nas Rune (87) - Paladin Blunt Weapons".
It turns out about + 160% TCD and 10% DR