Neutraldins

Discuss Median XL!
Refused
Cultist
21 | 0
So, one question about the vessel, because this seems to rarely come up (?): is damage based on the equip at the moment of casting (so that it makes sense to have a precast slot and a combat slot, or does it work more like an aura where the damage changes if you change equipment?

From looking at the skill, I would have thought it is a one-time casting thing, but all discussions seem to never suggest having a precast slot?
Battery
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Refused wrote:So, one question about the vessel, because this seems to rarely come up (?): is damage based on the equip at the moment of casting (so that it makes sense to have a precast slot and a combat slot, or does it work more like an aura where the damage changes if you change equipment?

From looking at the skill, I would have thought it is a one-time casting thing, but all discussions seem to never suggest having a precast slot?

It's based on the item you have.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
Refused wrote:So, one question about the vessel, because this seems to rarely come up (?): is damage based on the equip at the moment of casting (so that it makes sense to have a precast slot and a combat slot, or does it work more like an aura where the damage changes if you change equipment?

The damage is taken as a reading from the currently equipped items/active buffs, not taken from the items at the time of casting. So you cant prebuff with higher dmg stuff then switch to items with lower skills/stats and have the same higher damage as when you first buffed, cause it takes a static reading of your damage and calculates it every time the vessel shoots.
flammynou
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey,

Awesome guide, thanks ! I've been playing around it since the beginning of the season (currently lvl 124) and have around ~11k DPS with VoJ. Did all the challenges and dungeon up to 120 (beside the tengaze boss), so the build is definitely viable and fun, if you enjoy being semi lazy.

Boss are definitely a challenge sometimes, DPS is not that high against them, but for farming it becomes really painless and carefree once you have enough aptitude points and cap resistances.

I slightly changed the distribution of the aptitude points by putting max Semi, max Sacred, max VoJ, max L&D, rest on rapture (help you get FHR and FBR cap), 1 point Divine apparition, Hoplite, Summon, and enough in blessed life to have 50% Physical reduction. Maxing Demigod let you roll over your points to something else than energy earlier and be more tanky.
from my experience with 600 EF, the difference between 3000 and 4000 in energy is roughly 1k~, but those 1000 points could be invested in vitality instead (which was 3K life in my case).

For the stuff, pretty much everything you listed is spot on, for the boots I still wear the greaves of destruction though (really good and easy to get). I'm still unsure on which Gem or rune to put on the equipment. Since tankiness can be an issue with bosses, I've been trying to mix up enhanced defense runes and max resists, but there might be a better way to go.

My thoughts on how to improve the overall build:
Being able to get rid of Bear stance would be good to be able to cast spells, invest into other properties such as single elemental damage and resistance piercing. I was thinking that having two items with +1 block chance, invest in dex instead of vitality and put Jah runes all around would be one way to go. I didn't do the math and it's my second char overall, it might be awful. I would love to use darkfeast instead of running around monsters :)

Also, is regen life affected by sacred armor ? I don't find this stat info on D2stat to confirm wheither or not it is affected.
TgTalcon
Pit Knight
108 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sacred armour has it's own regen stat on it, mine currently gives 1722 life per second.
Getting max phys res without bearstance is easy to do when you get oris due to the 15% res it gives ( add in the 5% from trophied tran, and 5% from base charm, and suddenly you're at 25% already, 1 point blessed puts you at 35, so you only need to get 16% out of blessed life which is 8 points This however is only if you are staying to using oris, you go higher if you require higher. Later on, I have it so my DR is 50% regardless of gear on or not, simply due to lag sometimes screwing us over with demiurge buff.

As for your damage example, you can totally do that, and I highly recommend it. My current build I've showcased on stream is pushing the damage numbers to the tops. I recently hit 71k VoJ damage with adjudicator, and it drops to 46k with Oris on, while my oris almost does 21k damage with magic missile.

Also keep in mind if you ever check your skill tree and see Energy syngery 449% <-- This is capped. Meaning you can pull out of EF/Energy spec until it uncaps, and honestly sitting around 400% effectiveness is totally viable.
av3k
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Hit a 12-13k VoJ wall. 406% energy sinergy, 578 EF, 4.2k energy buffed and around 250% phys/magic damage (I know its low but I'm out of shrines and out of luck).

I'm missing DLL and the belt from Mid Game Gear. Those items will buff my damage alot or there's something more that I should aim?
Refused
Cultist
21 | 0
Battery wrote:

And the +skill? Does it make a difference if you have different +skills in two slots, or will that also carry over when you switch equipment?
Battery
Stygian Watcher
41 | 1
Refused wrote:
Battery wrote:

And the +skill? Does it make a difference if you have different +skills in two slots, or will that also carry over when you switch equipment?

The vessel damage checks what you have on as vessel deals damage. Unless you have buff you want to precast, switch equipment isnt really necessary.
TgTalcon
Pit Knight
108 | 27
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Highly recommend getting a shamanka on swap as bloodlust provides a bonus 30-40% phys spell
Elmore
Cultist
22 | 0
Merc Shapeshifter for bloodlust?