Median will lose players

Discuss Median XL!
johnnxiv
Acid Prince
48 | 0
Yesterday, i couldn't update the client to run the game. I made a post in Sigma bugs&feedbacks, but it got removed. Wow, nobody bothers to help fix the client. Let me see how many players will stay with a buggy client which cant start the game.

I restarted the client many times but it still won't run the game.
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
Current launcher version is 1.1.0 not 1.0.8 - Maybe start there? Uninstall old version download fresh version?
Dandy
Vampiress
38 | 1
To be fair, when the launcher bugged on me once, it led to having 3 launchers installed at the same time and a corrupted DII directory.

I would say: if after a few fix attempts you don't succeed, nuke everything DII or Median related on your computer and reinstall them. (don't nuke the DII installers though, these are somewhat big and corruption free :) )

PS: try to backup your savefiles if you play singleplayer
BTracer
Banned
99 | 3
Dandy wrote:To be fair, when the launcher bugged on me once, it led to having 3 launchers installed at the same time

I noticed that too. When I updated the launcher, the update was installed inside a folder inside the old launcher folder, had to cut/paste new launcher folder over old one.
floowsnaake
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
i need help with this my game can not run
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
There is a big ass red box of text at the top. It stands out, so try following those directions.
TommiHelm
Destroyer
6 | 0
This happens every time there is an update for the Launcher for me to.

There is a big red button saying "INSTALL", but if you click it you get this error. Instead click the tiny "restart" link in the green header up top (you should have this before you get the error). This will download something in the background and restart the launcher. Then the "INSTALL" button will work as it's supposed to.

At least that's the only way I got it working.

*edit* Just to be clear, I really enjoy the mod, and do not agree with the OP (although I do think it's more an overreaction out of frustration than anything). And this is a pretty obvious bug in the launcher tbf. It's extremely easy to reproduce when there is an update. The "Install" button should be a "Restart" button when the launcher is in this state.
Edited by TommiHelm 5 years.
maner1050
Prowler
18 | 2
You know how modded Sigma is right?
It will be buggy because they rewrited part of engine if not most of it.
Not even a month since lauch and you say its bad.
Developers are humans too you know?
(Im not saying you must play but saying that median will lose players is absurd)
:evil:
kambala
Djinn
509 | 87
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Contribution Badge
Is an active collaborator / developer
launcher has nothing to do with Sigma actually, it's just supposed to be a convenient way to update/start the game
Ender2356
Imp
4 | 0
I had the same issue. Disabling my antivirus and adding a exception to the folder fixed the issue. Yeah, I know, second only to 'turn off and on' to overuse, but it actually made all the difference this time.