lag issues.

Discuss Median XL!
Closure
Vampiress
38 | 0
Is there anyway to resolve the lag issues specifically in the Australian servers? I live in new zealand which doesn't have any servers so AUS is my closest. on a good night I get 70-100ping which would be fine but I have HUGE lag spikes which are resulting in a near unplayable game...
Never had this issue last ladder either. is there any way to reduce SERVER/LATENCY LAG (please don't say shit like disable your sound... because this is not PC lag.)
1gbps download speeds/500mbps upload, server shows 70ping for aus.
Happens on solo games with minimal screen action too so it's not "sprite overflow"

I would be happy if it was 100 ping or less but there's just constant huge spikes where the server seems to lag for 5 seconds or longer - every 20 seconds or so. This use to happen on battlenet when people where using specific servers to dupe. Any thoughts or ideas?

is there any plans to add a New Zealand server in the future cause I'm guessing there's actually a few of us on here
aahz
Team Member
367 | 163
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Australian GS is using some Amazon aws basic tier which was enough during S18, but with sigma came big influx of players so server is overloaded most of the time.
Better GS from one of our players is to be expected soon, if everything goes well.
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
Closure
Vampiress
38 | 0
ah ok, no one else seemed to be lagging that bad even after asking around - guess they aren't playing from nz though. Appreciate the info, excited to hear
masochista
Monkey King
255 | 11
are the european servers fixed now, or will they be fixed soon? They are overloaded too, i'm kicked from most of them in 10 minutes max
Xunametra
Stone Warrior
32 | 0
Closure wrote:ah ok, no one else seemed to be lagging that bad even after asking around - guess they aren't playing from nz though. Appreciate the info, excited to hear

The australian server was traniently unusable for me when I started playing recently; frequent packetloss and disconnections. I've been playing on Japan server at the moment.
Joe90NZ
Imp
4 | 0
Hey mate yeah totally agree, lag is shite, esp in high body count areas like TA, K3K; have ditched AUS server, and on boston or dallas at the mo i cant remember which buy lag not much better.... sadly. Will try japan...