Discuss Median XL!
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 57
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
You'll get what you are looking for, my dude! :)
lordnecro
Sasquatch
62 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
cyborgtemplar wrote:according to the documentation it's a 20% chance +1 skill for amulets. that same recipe is only 5% spell damage on rings. The only ring lucky cube recipe for +1 skill is the one requiring herbs which is 5%. Seeing as how I'm talking about the rings here, that's what I referenced.

edit: on a side note what's the drop rate of belladonna for respecs? I still have 2 akara respecs left, but can't test other builds with just that. Is there a specific place to farm them so I can stockpile some for testing? or am i just completely screwed and stuck with one build for a month while I wait for rngesus to bless me with some. Despite them saying they're making it more friendly to newer players, every change I've experienced so far (maybe ubers are easier . . . though I hope that's not the case) has only made the early game more tedious. not difficult since a little time gets around it, just really really tedious when the real game doesn't even begin till you start doing ubers.

In my experience I have found 3 belladonnas alone while doing act quests on hell mode in 3 different runs, one each from act 2, act 3 durance of hate, and act 5 halls of pain, though it's still a random drop
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
lordnecro wrote:
cyborgtemplar wrote:according to the documentation it's a 20% chance +1 skill for amulets. that same recipe is only 5% spell damage on rings. The only ring lucky cube recipe for +1 skill is the one requiring herbs which is 5%. Seeing as how I'm talking about the rings here, that's what I referenced.

edit: on a side note what's the drop rate of belladonna for respecs? I still have 2 akara respecs left, but can't test other builds with just that. Is there a specific place to farm them so I can stockpile some for testing? or am i just completely screwed and stuck with one build for a month while I wait for rngesus to bless me with some. Despite them saying they're making it more friendly to newer players, every change I've experienced so far (maybe ubers are easier . . . though I hope that's not the case) has only made the early game more tedious. not difficult since a little time gets around it, just really really tedious when the real game doesn't even begin till you start doing ubers.

In my experience I have found 3 belladonnas alone while doing act quests on hell mode in 3 different runs, one each from act 2, act 3 durance of hate, and act 5 halls of pain, though it's still a random drop

that doesn't sound fun. 3 belladonna's in hell over who knows how much playtime. I wouldn't feel bad about having it as a drop if you could target an area for it, but an rng drop is a really really feelsbadman. Theirs like 5-6 different assassin builds, and it takes more than 1 respec just to test. You can use skill planner sure, but that won't tell you whether or not the damage output and survival is adequate for what you're trying to do. That drop rate seems so low it's actually kind of offputting for the entire game. I don't have the time to relevel an entire different toon to max, and do all of it's uber quests, just to test if a build has enough damage and survival in that content. With drop rates that abyssmal, it seems to be what they're trying to get us to do. An artificial means to extend game time and keep people online. At least with a specific area to farm, you make it so that planning on a respec is needed, but it isn't so rare that testing different specs is completely nonviable.

We'll play it out and see how the drop rates are, if they're really so low that I can't even test builds out properly, then I may just end up moving on to something else. I'm ok with a grindy playstyle, it's how these games work, but theirs only so far i'm willing to go. And being this early in sigma, builds aren't really fleshed out as what's best and what's not so it's all down to personal testing (theirs not even an assassin guide on the guides section). I'm ok with that, but let me test, not restrict me so it's not realistic.
Steeeliskt
Dark Huntress
11 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
cyborgtemplar wrote:
lordnecro wrote:

that doesn't sound fun. 3 belladonna's in hell over who knows how much playtime. I wouldn't feel bad about having it as a drop if you could target an area for it, but an rng drop is a really really feelsbadman. Theirs like 5-6 different assassin builds, and it takes more than 1 respec just to test. You can use skill planner sure, but that won't tell you whether or not the damage output and survival is adequate for what you're trying to do. That drop rate seems so low it's actually kind of offputting for the entire game. I don't have the time to relevel an entire different toon to max, and do all of it's uber quests, just to test if a build has enough damage and survival in that content. With drop rates that abyssmal, it seems to be what they're trying to get us to do. An artificial means to extend game time and keep people online. At least with a specific area to farm, you make it so that planning on a respec is needed, but it isn't so rare that testing different specs is completely nonviable.

We'll play it out and see how the drop rates are, if they're really so low that I can't even test builds out properly, then I may just end up moving on to something else. I'm ok with a grindy playstyle, it's how these games work, but theirs only so far i'm willing to go. And being this early in sigma, builds aren't really fleshed out as what's best and what's not so it's all down to personal testing (theirs not even an assassin guide on the guides section). I'm ok with that, but let me test, not restrict me so it's not realistic.

Did you not play Vanilla D2 where if you screwed your skills up, or wanted to try a different build, you had to reroll every time?

You get three respecs for free. That alone should be legit. Plus the belladonna's are fairly cheap if using TG. The QOL this mod brings over original D2 is sooooo nice. Very surprised to see this complaint. You should be stoked that they added additional methods of respeccing.

And yes, it's beginning of new patch so everyone is testing things and trying new items/builds. I feel like that's half the fun of it!

Sounds like you want to play single player with a trainer to Max out all skills and gift yourself any item :roll:
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
[

Did you not play Vanilla D2 where if you screwed your skills up, or wanted to try a different build, you had to reroll every time?

You get three respecs for free. That alone should be legit. Plus the belladonna's are fairly cheap if using TG. The QOL this mod brings over original D2 is sooooo nice. Very surprised to see this complaint. You should be stoked that they added additional methods of respeccing.

And yes, it's beginning of new patch so everyone is testing things and trying new items/builds. I feel like that's half the fun of it!

Sounds like you want to play single player with a trainer to Max out all skills and gift yourself any item :roll:[/quote]

I did play d2 LoD long before reset tokens existed. but there were set builds in place for what you wanted to do when I was playing it. Builds for specific tasks were already designed, so it wasn't as big of a deal. There wasn't a whole lot of build diversity in general if you knew what task you wanted to accomplish due to how the immunes in hell were. You also only needed to hit roughly 75-80ish to know if your build would work out or not, which didn't take much time at all. Here you have ubers, quests, gearing, a substantial amount of additional levels, much higher build diversity overall. The amount of time it takes to get a build together and level in sigma vs d2lod to really hit that stage is substantial. I myself plan to use 2-3 builds overall, one for primarily group play, one for solo play, and however many for specific ubers. That's a re-spec every time i switch between them, and respects a plenty when testing builds that excel at one thing over another for optimization.

It would be a different story entirely if i could make 2-3 different characters and reach near max level in a couple days time at a roughly equal power level for different tasks. But that's not viable in MXL, and betwen school + job, I don't have enough time to invest in so many. It would also be different (slightly) if specs were already put together for specific ubers with all the sustain nerfs, mo nerfs, and crafting nerfs since the last time i played MXL, a lot of old builds aren't realistically viable. (some relying on TU(6) for a lot of the mid game which now doesn't exist for some god awful reason, or mo allocations on runewords which also doesn't exist anymore)