Naginata sin help + rant

Discuss Median XL!
Lakiora
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So, Im struggling with nagi sin and I wanted to ask for some help, unless nagi sin is just extremely weak.
With ~6k HP im relying only on dodge, and if the dodge roll fail Im dead no matter what in lets say duncraig.

I've maxed all res to 80+% and p.res 50%, reduce incoming damage from passive does help a little i think?, but still 6X% chance to dodge with 6k HP means, you will just die in 1 shot without any chance to react at some point.

Just checked the cultist in the underground passage to duncraig, got 5 of them around and let them hit me, they were missing for a while, but then i got bashed for around 4k dmg, and a split second later another fail dodge rng and i died, didnt even had time to pop a potion. Didnt had SR buff up tho, i have 20% p.res unbuffed.

And while other classes get the transform with some cool bonuses, defensive stats, sin is actually loosing all the defence and flat dmg from passives for a little bit of HP and +1 skill level, yikes.

On top of being squishy af, I could understand if sin is supposed to be glass cannon, kill them before they kill you, but the dmg is nowhere to be found, crucify is cool and stuff, but its not enough.

Anyway, I got burnt out at 126lvl and rolled a necro with 2H scythe, when i got 120 lvl, i went to kill baal and he got smashed with TU gear.
The difference between nagi sin and scy necro is night and day.

I was also thinking about some buffs from items, like this
Yaerius' Alembic
Yaerius' Alembic
Light Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (2202 - 2752) to (2286 - 2857)
(Paladin Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
+(41 to 50) Spell Focus
+15% Damage to Vessel of Justice
+15% Damage to Vessel of Retribution
+(21 to 25)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(1 to 3) to Veneration of Justice (Paladin Only)
+(1 to 3) to Ward of Fate (Paladin Only)
+(100 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
(31 to 40)% to Energy
Requirements +50%
Socketed (2)

Yaerius' Grey Omen
(Paladin Neutral Set)
, but i was quickly slapped back to reality at the bottom of stats.

Dunno, feelsbadman.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
are you making use of the timerless hades gate? because it looks like you are not
Lakiora
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ChuckNoRis wrote:are you making use of the timerless hades gate? because it looks like you are not

Not the biggest fan of "~~pounce/shunpo sin". Would be way more fun with flat 10s CD and one big "screen clear" dmg, instead of seizure. Still dying easily btw.
And i would rather kill my foes swinging my weapon and survive like 3-5 hits.
But thanks for quick response, I will have to look through oskills and maybe find something useful.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
"tankiest" you can get as naginata that attacks with it, would be backstab (3 out of 7 frames 100% dodge while attacking).
It makes quite bit of a difference, but still squishy, especially running between packs.
youtube.com/ae1337
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
I face this problem too and I thought crafting bear stance will help but appearently its still too squishy for me.
Using limpet before attacking much better even it slower.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
what's your lvl 90 passive skill reduction.

I was looking at it earlier (much weaker gear and level), and it seems only useful for situations where multiple low > moderate hits are coming in. One big hit type attacks just nullify it entirely so only perfect balance rng keeps you alive. At my level, if mobs don't die in like 4-5 seconds tops (most of that being under a blink stun), then i'm just outright dead. the first trip for my ennead challange, I had to kite around and blink stun > dps > kite. if i stood still for more than 1.5 seconds I would be pincushioned by arrows and spells that each take over 1/3 > 1/2+ of my hp. It just feels so bad when everything and it's mother by another mob will just instagib you if it doesn't die within a stun duration. and if one hit lands you need to kill the next like 10-15+ without taking a single hit just to heal up the damage recieved.
Lakiora
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ok, I have a question to devs probably or someone who dig in mechs, what does Shadow Refuge - "Physical Damage: +XXX%" actually do?
Because its actually doing nothing? Nothing change when the buff is active, checked with D2Stats.
Im curious, because "Physical Damage: +XXX%" on innate necro skill is an %Enhanced Weapon Damage and its appearing on D2Stats when buffed.

Is SR buff just a flat physical dmg bonus?

/I have just realised that necro "Death ward" passive is free ~500% total character defense bonus + avoid chance, yikes xD
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Shadow Refuge buff gives you physical resist when you attack, the damage buff is just for shadow refuge direct hit.
Lakiora
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Oh well, then its not working, laserblade also doesnt work. Tested both, no kill time difference at all or both "buffs" are complete garbage.
Anyway, completely unnoticeable, despite sitting at 3k dex and laserblade is supposed to deal nearly 300% Dex as a magic dmg, which would easily double+ my dmg output, as my weapon dmg from D2Stats is 6-7k.
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
I've tried TFS, Nagi, Shuriken and Throw. The most success I've had was with a Throwsin.
Melee sins are just a PITA to play, while Shurikensins are too weak. It's too difficult to get the right "things" you need to play melee.