late game assassin

Discuss Median XL!
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
I dont know about laz in current patch. But if his tele dont have cd that means cancer because everytime he tele the firat thing he do is spawn totem + mobs.
If you go sorc, you might wanna try light + poison for early tcd and dr%.
Papa2lacyb
Imp
4 | 0
Hi,

Actually, i m lvl 105 melee assassin, first step on hell.
I play with noctule+bloodbath and dual claws.
After 7h on reading a guide melee sorc, i start to understand how to survive.
You should take a look on it and adapting some melee sorc tips on assassin.

Gl hf , Farm and spend it all.
Lakiora
Invader
9 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
well, sorc got a passive with +flat HP and health regen and 2nd passive with flat def and %HP on top of a Baneblade free defense.
Basically every elemental tree have a passive that will boost your def, and you can pick two out of three trees , fire/cold/lightning.
lynxxyarly
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
I would advise using a ranged build structured around shuriken until you get past the mid game and into the late game. There you can start finding drops that will allow you to build around a melee spec. That's what I'm currently doing, at any rate!
Liobal
Cultist
20 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Clawsin is ok-ish this time around. As per usual, you will suffer until you have your stuff (gear/charms/signets) together, that's the way of the sin. You are incredibly tanky in the end (read: I don't take any real damage in fauzt for example), but the damage of noctule is rather mediocre and needs a lot of item support to spread it. Uberbosses with heavy anti-melee mechanics are the bane of clawsin, there's not much you can do.

Castersin is probably the spec that scales the smoothest, there's no huge gap compared to clawsin but it has a more limited ceiling.

Throwsin has similar problems to clawsin but is probably in the lategame the best uberkilling spec.

Trapsin, Melee Caster and Nagi I haven't tried.
Mawari
Skeleton
3 | 0
Do you think that a build based on sentries (lightning and fireball) can be good ? The 2 sentries on PEWPEWLAZER tree.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
limpet lazer is probably very viable. but I personally won't play it because of the wall requirement. If it was more of a sentry on the ground i wouldn't be so opposed to it. but playstyle wise that just . . . no.

the other 2 traps seem like they could be good, but it's the 2 second wait time which is pretty annoying to work with. just not a fan of having a massive delay between when i cast a skill and when it's useful. ATMG is similar and also had nearly every item that makes it work nerfed pretty hard. the removal of reliable life on striking is also pretty harsh. life on striking in general allowed so many builds to be viable, without it theirs a massive disparity in survival for some builds. since you can't really use % life on hit to heal on builds which prioritize adding elemental damage to attacks. They need a substantial amount of sustain or defense to offset that. which really limits a lot (that's how i see it at least)
Mawari
Skeleton
3 | 0
Those 2 sentries attack when there are on the ground, the 2 sec is for the detonate attack
SinClaire
Lava Lord
94 | 2
I got really far with a Scorpion Blade Throwsin, but some late game areas are a really difficult to do.

Claw and Nagisins are still really weak in Sigma.
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Mawari wrote:Those 2 sentries attack when there are on the ground, the 2 sec is for the detonate attack

the detonate attack is the only one with good range. the basic abilities seem pretty sub par before the explosion. Now if their normal attack had actual value range (not a full screen, but 1/2 a screen circumference would probably be acceptable maybe even 1/3). Maybe even have the explosion as the actual traps effect but hit 2-4 times then poof.

The necromancer totems seem to have taken trap assassins spot, but it just doesn't feel the same. needing to make corpses to then make the totems is just unnecessary. I prefer abilities that once cast have their influence or provide a buff/passive to amplify others directly. Rather than needing a setup and then being able to use them, or wait to actually have value.

as for clawsin, the reason I don't plan to play it, is the adjustment to batstrike charges. Sure the bats are somewhat useful now, but losing out on the nova just to get the bat or others is just odd. I'm curious why they removed the 3 charges = effect 1 + 2 + 3. Replacing it entirely with . . . you get either effect 1 2 or 3. it just seems like they are intentionally trying to make things more tedious or unplayable for no reason. removing heal on strike with only % and on attack (% being useless for classes that'd like it like bowa, atmg etc. where most the dmg is elemental added to individual hits that wont' get jack from % gains if they aren't also % of element dmg). changing TU to only (4) instead of (6), removing the double mo bonus on runewords, removing crafting of amulets/rings, removing the gold income from an honorific mo'd boots/gloves to specifically farm for gold as an early/mid transition. taking out reanimate mo's which completely cripples some builds survival without good survival compensation for those builds. removing toggle of run/walk isn't so bad due to 0 def, but they didn't really compensate the builds that use that for kiting while sitting at 0 defence (amazon comes to mind). . . . Just a lot of the changes seem designed to prevent people from keeping themselves alive, have a smooth mid game transition, multi hit builds damage output, etc. It's forcing people into 1-2 builds per class that are even playable at a relative level. generally builds that have strong built in survivability allowing them to still go for damage without instadeath as the reward. all summon builds come to mind, or WDM builds that can have a good AoE ability which can properly use life %. or melee sorc with it's insane life per second.

Who knows, we'll see what changes they make in the next patch to accommodate their complete pigeonhole setup, or if someone comes up with a viable build that can still have it's kill speed and not just get instagibbed for it and isn't one of the 1-3 viable builds.