late game assassin

Discuss Median XL!
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
So i'm curious for those of you playing what a good . . . somewhat all rounder build for a fairly new mid game player would be, that transitions into ubers/farm builds.

It doesn't need to be the fastest, but preferably not a total slug. A decent amount of survival would be nice while I adapt to the maps and such. I do prefer melee builds in general but i'm ok with ranged if it's got good toughness. twin fang build i'm leveling with gets 2 shot if i miss a stun or position even slightly wrong. the damage is pretty good just no amount of survival. While most the time that's ok, when i did the Ennead challenge it killed me like 6-7 times at the low 90's.

I hear WDM builds work relatively well atm due to their interaction with leech actually being usable, where spell damage like twin shadows i rely purely on my 3% hp from a dead target, pots, and a puny mo'd health on attack (with a low AR build, it doesn't seem to heal me much even with good ias)
Edited by cyborgtemplar 5 years.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
cyborgtemplar wrote:So i'm curious for those of you playing what a good . . . somewhat all rounder build for a fairly new mid game player would be, that transitions into ubers/farm builds.

It doesn't need to be the fastest, but preferably not a total slug. A decent amount of survival would be nice while I adapt to the maps and such. I do prefer melee builds in general but i'm ok with ranged if it's got good toughness. twin fang build i'm leveling with gets 2 shot if i miss a stun or position even slightly wrong. the damage is pretty good just no amount of survival. While most the time that's ok, when i did the Ennead challenge it killed me like 6-7 times at the low 90's.

I hear WDM builds work relatively well atm due to their interaction with leech actually being usable, where spell damage like twin shadows i rely purely on my 3% hp from a dead target, pots, and a puny mo'd health on attack (with a low AR build, it doesn't seem to heal me much even with good ias)

A Sin have very low hp and defense compared with other characters, what you need for survival:
-High Avoid
-Invest in Dexterity to reach max block
-Elemental Resistance and physical resistance are welcome

She is ok, if you stick with a sin until you get everything you need, she become quite powerful.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
tranvanhieu wrote:
cyborgtemplar wrote:So i'm curious for those of you playing what a good . . . somewhat all rounder build for a fairly new mid game player would be, that transitions into ubers/farm builds.

A Sin have very low hp and defense compared with other characters, what you need for survival:
-High Avoid
-Invest in Dexterity to reach max block
-Elemental Resistance and physical resistance are welcome

She is ok, if you stick with a sin until you get everything you need, she become quite powerful.

atm my block is basically non existant lol. physical resist is whatever i have from maxed sb so atm 36%. elemental's are essentially all at 75+.

I'm curious what kind of build to go for though, twin fang strike is beginning to fall off in general. granted i'm still only in TU's at 102 with the only things finished being ennead and ta. I may go hunt for the last eyes in terror or something idk. Just don't wanna start spending crafts, major item slots, or one of my few remaining restats till I have an idea of where to take it. sin was my main (only if you exclude a paladin built strictly for ubers, even mfing was done on trap sin). so the somewhat in and out playstyle I'm relatively used to. but dying in 1-2 hits is a bit frustrating. 3-4 hits with some leech and a little control is very much in the wheelhouse of something i'm comfy on. Don't have mind blast or cloak of shadows for skipping packs and dealing with elites that would otherwise be beyond me in this version. . . . Though I really was hoping the traps in this version were viable . . but a 2 second charge time to really do anything seems a bit long. (and no shadow master to tank for me either, i won't build a merc atm it's to pricy to revive)

Theoretically ATMG would be my most comfortable style for it's similarity to trap sin, but it lacks the pierce through AoE for crowd damage (with the very very little testing i did and only a TU(2) and +8 all skills to test it with and also a complete ignorance of how it's supposed to be piloted/skilled out). also what's with such a short duration. it and broadside seem to be up for like 2-3 seconds and then pop, that's really tedious to maintain especially while kiting
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Imo sin need to be play very carefully because you rely only on avoid and have low hp.
For starter you should try axebarb, holymeleedin, and meleesorc because they have skill that increase TCD, ll%, dr% so they are super tanky. Their gear also cheap, normal lvl100 rws should do the job.
My current Hmdin with TUs can clear all lvl 110 stuff with some effort.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nofurylion wrote:Imo sin need to be play very carefully because you rely only on avoid and have low hp.
For starter you should try axebarb, holymeleedin, and meleesorc because they have skill that increase TCD, ll%, dr% so they are super tanky. Their gear also cheap, normal lvl100 rws should do the job.
My current Hmdin with TUs can clear all lvl 110 stuff with some effort.

I was tempted to go melee sorc as well. do either of them have consistent teleports? ik the nef runeword for blink, but what about teleports outside of that? (throw barb i'll probably avoid just because I really don't like the aesthetics of barb and how it looks . . . . retarded reason ik but i can't get past it lol. i'm ok with looking into holy melee paladin as well. they both seem to also have guides updated (well paladins is a summon one) for those specs/builds too. and I can very easily use sin where she's currently at to get a full early game tu set. i'll look into video's for the playstyle to see which one suits me . . . I really am addicted to teleports though so that's pretty make or break for me (and if sorc doesn't have teleport when it's the 100% defining skill i'm used to in d2 . . . it's kind of a really feelsbadman moment lol)

So ya i'll look into them, whichever has consistent teleports and good velocity for movement will likely be the path i take. The same reason i mained sin mostly in d2 was because of the high movement speed where I only needed to teleport on occasion or in places packed full of doorways (102 fcr breakpoint tele was nice)
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
looking at the aesthetics of it i'll likely go melee sorc.
nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
By axebarb I mean deathgazebarb.
Sorc dont have innate tele-like skill. Paladin have it as uberskill but you got pounce-like skill at clvl24(barb too).
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
You like teleport build?
-Any Sin, level 1, 2 sec cd
-Any level 90+ Paladin, 3 sec cd
These two can teleport through walls

Other teleport
-Spearzon,
-Wolf Druid,
-Summon/Totem Necro
-Summon Barb/ Shaman Path
Can only teleport to Enemies/Minion, cant teleport through wall

Only Sorceress have no native skill with teleport :)
masochista
Core Lord
395 | 28
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
tranvanhieu wrote:You like teleport build?
-Any Sin, level 1, 2 sec cd
-Any level 90+ Paladin, 3 sec cd
These two can teleport through walls

Other teleport
-Spearzon,
-Wolf Druid,
-Summon/Totem Necro
-Summon Barb/ Shaman Path
Can only teleport to Enemies/Minion, cant teleport through wall

Only Sorceress have no native skill with teleport :)

Sorc has
Kabbalah
Kabbalah
Sorceress Orbs

'Cham'
Runeword Level: 83
+3 to Sorceress Skill Levels
-1% Base Block Chance
60% Hit Recovery
+(6 to 16) to Divine Apparition
20% to Energy
Maximum Life and Mana +5%
+(100 to 200) Life when Struck by an Enemy
, which is good enough to have on switch :D also, any character can access blink
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
guess i'll be relying on the blink staff on switch lol. . . . iso "teleport" . . . . the original sorc teleport with no cooldown and good cast rate lol.

me thinks brother laz has it out for sorc as the original teleporter but the only one without teleport here lol. maybe he was frustrated about enigma requirement and decided to shaft sorc as a result . . . . just joking ofc but it's possible (also curious why he has long cooldowns on teleports/blinks like 2-3+ seconds instead of no cd.)