why are belladonna elixers so rare (bit of a rant)

Discuss Median XL!
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
malderun wrote:Cyborg,
I think you need a friend I play est time zone usually between 3-10 depending the day.

/w Valguard or add me dooles maybe I can help your Respec situation.
And not to insult your situation I think the drop rate is just fine but when you got a build that's not working you get yourself stuck in a corner. Rather than tell you to get gud I'd rather help you out =p

may just do that.

assassin in general just seems to be in a problematic state with how i see it. every video i watch of some of the specs or guides for example. it's all nerfed so hard it's insane.

Like the electrofield sentry used to be 277% energy now it's 156. It also has a 50% reduced dmg on the fuse (idk if that's the main explosion or the small temp dmg, it doesn't clarify). . . idk just every build i seem to look at for assassin that looked to be usable but still some struggles has taken a nerf nuke (bat doesn't seem to fit, so many of them just look unplayable by the level of nerfs they recieved either from items or directly).

Even the scorpion blade guide that's up specifically states it's good for farming some area's but really bad at later ubers (not a surprise seeing as how it's dmg was cut by 30% and it's +1 blade synergy is every 4 skills vs 3, each one is substantial on it's own much less 2). atm i'm playing melee sorc and not having any struggles whatsoever, just the class playstyle of that is extremely boaring.

my annoyance with elixer drop rate is that no guides up seem to have a relatively playable spec within sigma itself past one or two pieces of content. and the amount of switching between them i'd need to do just to find which ones are usable or not, will take so many belladonna's that i'll be spending extreme amounts of time just on those alone.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
titan015 wrote:If you cannot be bothered to play SP with unlimited belladona or Akara respec(unlimited because you can duplicate your save file in sp) then you can try farming in high elite density areas like Nilathak Temple and Act 2 sewers. Ive found most of my respec pots in these areas especially in nilathak. Ive yet to find one in cows so I dont recommend it.

problem with single player is it's not ladder or anything. It'd be a different story if i could copy my online characters to single player for testing what i have, but i'm pretty sure that's not possible idk. . .

by saying "if you cannot be bothered to play sp" suggests that playing single player to max a character, get charms, then test everything just so that I can do the same thing on multiplayer with a fully new and complete farm to max + charm fest, is somehow not a massive time sink.

though sp is looking more appealing strictly because of the belladonna rarity being so obsurd. can't even target farm it, just play for a couple hours a day, and get maybe one every 3-4 days. . . . so maybe a respec a week if i'm lucky. since I need at least 1 spare in case the respec doesn't accomplish what it's intended purpose was. I'm better off trading set pieces and buying bella's from other player's at that pace.
malderun
Prowler
17 | 3
Well hit me up I'll be on Monday arround 8est on ward till late in the morning. Ur more than welcome to tag along farming with me and a few friends usually just jam and share gear it's the point of the game. Hording gear for the trade forums is too much like work.
titan015
Stone Warrior
33 | 4
cyborgtemplar wrote:
titan015 wrote:If you cannot be bothered to play SP with unlimited belladona or Akara respec(unlimited because you can duplicate your save file in sp) then you can try farming in high elite density areas like Nilathak Temple and Act 2 sewers. Ive found most of my respec pots in these areas especially in nilathak. Ive yet to find one in cows so I dont recommend it.

problem with single player is it's not ladder or anything. It'd be a different story if i could copy my online characters to single player for testing what i have, but i'm pretty sure that's not possible idk. . .

by saying "if you cannot be bothered to play sp" suggests that playing single player to max a character, get charms, then test everything just so that I can do the same thing on multiplayer with a fully new and complete farm to max + charm fest, is somehow not a massive time sink.

though sp is looking more appealing strictly because of the belladonna rarity being so obsurd. can't even target farm it, just play for a couple hours a day, and get maybe one every 3-4 days. . . . so maybe a respec a week if i'm lucky. since I need at least 1 spare in case the respec doesn't accomplish what it's intended purpose was. I'm better off trading set pieces and buying bella's from other player's at that pace.

The beauty of single player save file though is that many people share them online so you don't even have to level one yourself. Some even include all their charms with them so you can test all you want before diving into TSW.
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Well, "rare" is just rng. Sometimes you just need to rush in vizjun and get 4 potions on your way =)
SuperFly
Prowler
18 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
ABeLina wrote:Well, "rare" is just rng. Sometimes you just need to rush in vizjun and get 4 potions on your way =)

The drop rates of belladonna have been definitely changed. I have found like 4 of them in one day, hadn't seen any for a long time previously.

It wasn't area specific as they dropped in random places.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i find them just rarely. i'm not in the 130 area's just yet. my sorc just hit 120 and killed athulua (I gotta say, now I know what baal felt like vs 1.09 buriza piercing guided arrows)
partial
Jungle Hunter
28 | 2
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I got like 3-4 my first week playing, and haven't seen one since :P
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
partial wrote:I got like 3-4 my first week playing, and haven't seen one since :P

Are you using d2stats reader for the drop notifier?
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Oddly I've found quite a few running Normal Nihlathak farming for crystals.