why are belladonna elixers so rare (bit of a rant)

Discuss Median XL!
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just a question. I want to test different sin builds to find one that actually works and doesn't just get instasquished (playing melee sorc atm because at least they don't get squished in 1/2 an attack). Or at least see which one I'd prefer over the other.

theirs literally 0 builds on the guides section for assassin at all. everything i hear is that they're hyper squishy at all points except hyper extreme late game (at which point everyone is tanky) without any mid game transition.

I can't try literally anything out without elixers which drop so damn rarely. I don't have a late game toon to trade stuff so trade gold isn't a possability (though i'd probably spend a fortune in elixers at this point)

LIke why on earth did they remove the reliable way of respeccing and testing at the same time as an expansion. Without a single fucking guide for assassin . . . . like holy fuck I DON'T WANT TO PLAY SUMMON BARB, I DON'T WANT TO PLAY NEUTRALDIN/SUMMODIN I JUST WAN'T TO PLAY A VIABLE USABLE FUCKING ASSASSIN BUILD. it's so god damn frustrating that theirs no god damn viable way to test different builds. Fck even the damn skill builder doesn't tell you the base stats on skills when you put levels into them

just give me something that's fucking usable and not death every 2 seconds I walk into combat that doesn't instakill the target . . you take 2 arrows and it's autokill . . . not even 1-2 boss skills . . 2 random fucking mobs happen to bypass dodge and you instantly die. Or god forbid one of the stealth/invis mobs walks up behind you while you're killing what's in front, and you insta die. Theirs not even a reliable way to leech health back that I can see . . . and what's worse . . . and on topic . . . . . I CAN'T FUCKING TEST BUILDS TO DEAL WITH IT BECAUSE THEY WANT TO MAKE OUR LIVES A LIVING HELL.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
my melee sorc in substantially weaker gear is nearly impossible to kill unless i fuck up something real bad. like where is the balance in that. sorc in every tree has a solid defensive option and you can put 2-3 of them together (including uberskill). . . . sin has a decent avoid chance and high physical reduction . . . but no defense or health to actually let the reduction be used . . . or a way to heal back up afterwards without spamming the living hell out of potions
megast4rk
Lava Lord
90 | 7
Common Popularity Badge
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Sin lives from wdm procs and life on striking.

Also almost every sin relies on expensive gear. There are a lot of options. Problem is that Sigma is out for 1 month. You need a lot of brainwork to figure out what is working. Also all sins which are working are not interested in creating a guide.
You got 3 options:
Wait for someone to provide some guides
Figure out yourself how to play the best endgame sin build
Figure it your by yourself.

You are right sin is difficult as it is. But every class is able to do all ubers. You can compare sin to invoker from Dota. It sucks when you don t know exactly what you are doing. But once you get it. You will be insane.
That said, sin still needs crazy expensive gear ...

For example: my old assassin was ultra low on defensive stats but was a master in healing. Check out my old YouTube video.

Easy crowd clear. Also this build is not possible anymore I think. (Would have to check it)

nofurylion
Balrog
125 | 2
Play SP. There 3rd party offline tools that grant you free respec stat/skill.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i'm perfectly ok with testing and figuring out for myself which is better or not. the problem lies in the ability to respect often enough to actually test it.

a lot of the old builds i looked at for sin are completely nonviable atm. as so many of the core mechanics that allow them to work are either removed, or nerfed so hard it's not playable.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I think assa has only 1 problem: she suffered heavily from the max res gem nerf.

Before sigma you were able To switch out gems either for heavy elemental damage (max res gems) or for heavy physical damage (amethysts for more block) and for each Uber you were able to individually gear yourself if one Uber mainly had fire and phys damage you could put in lots of bloodstones until you reach 90 ress and the rest amethysts for more block. It‘s still possible, but you don‘t Profit as much as before and one part is always lacking especially when there are more than 2 damage types, which is why she‘s weaker overall.

But well that‘s just my opinion. I didn‘t play assa much to be 100% sure what I said is true. It‘s just a small analysis.
vpk79
Prowler
15 | 0
I found one last night in Kurast AD and another one today when I entered in Torajan Jungles.
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
i've found a few. they're just to rare to reliably use for respeccing for build testing. took 1 to test a slight alteration to a build and how it works and another to switch back . . . and that's just one slight alteration I wanted to test. (melee sorc alternate trees).
Common Popularity Badge
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
at this point they may as well take them out of the game with how rare they are. it's more of a taunt than an actual respec option at this point.
Z0D42
Stone Warrior
31 | 3
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
they dont seem that rare to me. not sure if drops are affected by mf but i find quite alot of them.
they are also around 5tg or cheaper right now so if you really need it just farm k3k a bit and sell some sigs/shrines.
One place i did find quite alot is island of sunless sea, not sure if that was random luck or theres a higher chance for them to drop there.

also this
nofurylion wrote:Play SP. There 3rd party offline tools that grant you free respec stat/skill.