Nephalem's Sacrifice need some tips.

Discuss Median XL!
Tardware
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
Hey guys, got to this particular uber and i can't seem to understand the Uldyssian fight. My problem appears to be that i can't reliably damage him with my purify skill. He goes transparent all the time, then "materializes" i don't know if this has anything to do with the purify working or not working and i have no idea what causes him to "switch" all the time. I got him damaged but i can't really say what exactly is happening.

Is there some hidden mechanic im missing? Just need a clear idea what is happening so i have a strategy in mind.

Thanks.

Edit: Playing deathgaze barb, seems like attacks cause him to do the "transparent" thing, so i switched to ancient's hand for adds, removed thundergod buff and wolves, but he keeps spamming it. Not sure if relevant but decided to write it.
Bowulk
Stone Warrior
32 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
You need to keep distance from him, then he becomes vulnerable after a short amount of time and you can damage him with purify.

Having slow with abilities and/or slow on gear helps a ton vs him. This way you can safely kite him around in a circle until he tries to flee from you. That's when the true "fun" begins.
Tardware
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
Bowulk wrote:You need to keep distance from him, then he becomes vulnerable after a short amount of time and you can damage him with purify.

Having slow with abilities and/or slow on gear helps a ton vs him. This way you can safely kite him around in a circle until he tries to flee from you. That's when the true "fun" begins.

So that's the thing... Ill go snake stance for him i guess. Also yea, heard rumors what happens when he reaches half health...

Thanks for clarifying.
Eadan
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Don't go afk for ~5minutes or he heals to full :D
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Uldy is an awful fight. It's not difficult and it's nice that there isn't a level lock, but I think the devs did that out of mercy for us. Use fortress to deal with adds and deathgaze to kill them when uldy isn't around. Kite Uldy around the room using fortress on cooldown to deal with adds. If you can get 25% slow target from items, which is the cap for bosses, that helps with uldy as well. Look for when he isn't transparent and hit him with purify. When he's below 33% and starts running away from you, trap him in the upper corner of the map so he is easily visible and just keep doing what you did before chucking purifies at him and kiting adds around with fortress. The fight itself is just tedious. It took me 4 hours including the previous stages to kill him in SIgma with my 2h axe barb. That was nothing compared to MXL 2017 when I killed him with my trap rat...took over 10 hours including the previous stages.
Edited by Dominos9189 5 years.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Run around the arena keeping him chasing you and launch purifies behind you when you can run in a straight line until it lands.
Do that until he gets to a third or so of health because he will start fleeing.
Run him from the top corner to the right, or from the top to the left and back. Purify him when you make him run into a corner without coming too close to trigger his avoid.
Periodically lure the adds away in order to kill them. Don't let Uldy run into the bottom of map where you can't see behind tiles, it's more difficult down there.
Tardware
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
Thanks for the tips, guess ill need to get a whole day just for him.
Dominos9189
Thunder Beetle
58 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Tardware wrote:Thanks for the tips, guess ill need to get a whole day just for him.

Haha yep unfortunately it is one of those things you'll need to schedule a significant block of time for... Out of all the ubers, it's definitely the one that needs a rework the most.
Tardware
Jungle Hunter
26 | 1
Killed him... literally the WORST 2 hours i've spend gaming in my life. Anyway, got the neutrality pact, but according to the site there is Uldyssian Sword that should have dropped but didn't ?

Tell me that i don't have to do this again... Also ofc the charm had the worst possible rolls but i will live with it i guess. Ain't doing this ever again till some changes happen.
Deathbringer
Sasquatch
66 | 2
Uldy sword has been renamed to neutrality pact in sigma, you're good sir :D