The Kabraxis problem

Discuss Median XL!
karlsson95
Prowler
17 | 0
Jouarizm wrote:
karlsson95 wrote:It is unbelievably hard as a melee sorc in my experience so far

I can't use the whole arena because he spawns to many shadow self's and then I get ganked

I'm gonna come back to him later I guess because I am getting destroyed

i disagree with yaw because...

1- as melee sorc u have "BaneBlade" ultimate skill which gives you life in attack , that will replenish lost life from either shadow selves or kabraxis himself
2- you have "Fussilade" skill that should be maxed , this will kill any shadow self and also may target kabraxis too
3- you MUST NOT encounter kabraxis either by standing still away from him or by melee hitting
4- and you have moon cookies , c'mon they give insta-life on use , as soon as u hit 1 hit use it

Yes I am aware of all of this lol

None of this changes the fact that I am having a ton of trouble with him
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
nofurylion wrote:Just melee him. His offensive pounce surprisingly our advantage.
Your attack pattern should be bait him to pounce -> hit 3-4 times -> run away -> he pounce you again -> hit again.

Tips
Run around the squre room.
Dont attack him if you get knocback too far.
Ele resist doesnt matter cause balefire do magic dmg.
Get boots with innate 30% ms.
Use 2h labrys(higher attack range than valska) and deathgaze for damaging him.
Just attack once or run away if you under chronofield debuff area.
Get ll%. Its super useful.

I am using stormblast with eruption sword and invictus shield, snake st and nephalen sp maxed out for max damage, also almost maxed eagle for more snake damage and regeneration.
In the past versions i killed him using fortress while being in the same screen, will try this pounce method, i dont think it will work because this way he will summon a massive amount of shadow selfs, will try to be cleaning the area with the time after a while like its done with laz.
In fact i only use this barb for him an Quov (which is already done) since the rest of the 120 ubers ive already done with my druid.
kestik
Prowler
19 | 0
karlsson95 wrote:It is unbelievably hard as a melee sorc in my experience so far

I can't use the whole arena because he spawns to many shadow self's and then I get ganked

Get 80% res first (making a TU4 wheel of fortune unique will help tremendously). Let him hop on you, fusillade, firestorm. Then stay just outside of his poison swirl spell and run in circles casting fusillade when it's off CD. Health pot up pretty much always, cookies when you get smoked with the punishers or start to dip. Don't melee him at all or you will die very fast. Fusillade, run, firedance as needed, fusillade, run. Moonstrike on the selfs if you can/need to as well for extra life/damage.

It may take some deaths but you'll get it. Also, don't summon or bring a merc - he will heal a large percent of life when/if he kills you and or your summons. Ideally, you take out a larger chunk of his life than he will heal before you die. Repeat and grab that charm.
karlsson95
Prowler
17 | 0
kestik wrote:

Get 80% res first (making a TU4 wheel of fortune unique will help tremendously). Let him hop on you, fusillade, firestorm. Then stay just outside of his poison swirl spell and run in circles casting fusillade when it's off CD. Health pot up pretty much always, cookies when you get smoked with the punishers or start to dip. Don't melee him at all or you will die very fast. Fusillade, run, firedance as needed, fusillade, run. Moonstrike on the selfs if you can/need to as well for extra life/damage.

It may take some deaths but you'll get it. Also, don't summon or bring a merc - he will heal a large percent of life when/if he kills you and or your summons. Ideally, you take out a larger chunk of his life than he will heal before you die. Repeat and grab that charm.

That's basically what I'm doing

My res are 84/84/82/81/0/44

I summon my familiars since they only die when I die

Fusillade damage is 6.4k with current gear

I'll take a vid of what I'm doing since clearly it isn't working lol
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
karlsson95 wrote:
kestik wrote:

Exactly like you except higher resist but low dmg reduction and i am a barb.
Someone said me to try the pounce method with a high damage Lo runeword weapon for the slow, i recommend you to try it too, its the last hope for us.
kestik
Prowler
19 | 0
Imperius wrote:
Someone said me to try the pounce method with a high damage Lo runeword weapon for the slow, i recommend you to try it too, its the last hope for us.

If that worked for you, thats great. Melee sorcs technically don't melee for bosses and thus fusillade with a Khany ("On" RW) is a better strategy for Kabraxis with Msorc. The trick is to stay mobile, far enough to avoid the majority of damage but close enough not to have him teleport on top of you.
Imperius
Gravedigger
182 | 5
Common Popularity Badge
kestik wrote:
Imperius wrote:

If that worked for you, thats great. Melee sorcs technically don't melee for bosses and thus fusillade with a Khany ("On" RW) is a better strategy for Kabraxis with Msorc. The trick is to stay mobile, far enough to avoid the majority of damage but close enough not to have him teleport on top of you.

Not tried yet, i am sick of this strategy, i always get one hit killed, it can be me that dont know how to do it properly too, good to know it works with the sorc.
kestik
Prowler
19 | 0
Imperius wrote:
kestik wrote:
Imperius wrote:

Not tried yet, i am sick of this strategy, i always get one hit killed, it can be me that dont know how to do it properly too, good to know it works with the sorc.

What are you looking at for def/PR/Resists/BC (if shielding)?
kestik
Prowler
19 | 0
karlsson95 wrote:
kestik wrote:

Here's a vid of my melee sorc Kabraxis kill. Forgot to show resists but they are 82CFL 83P 50phys. I show gear at the end of the video. One thing that caused my deaths was that I only used Force Blast on the first encounter then forgot about it. (it HEAVILY reduces damage in this fight, so use it!) You can see when I first encountered Kabraxis I used force blast and for the duration I was taking almost 0 damage. My other 2 deaths were from mis-stepping through the fire and the flames ( \m/ !!!) Also, my HP is pretty high because I was testing VIT scaling on sorc on this character, but realistically you can do this with 7-8k HP. Hope this helps. It's not hard, it's just technical. Learn the fight. It took me like 20 deaths the first time! Good luck.

karlsson95
Prowler
17 | 0
kestik wrote:
Here's a vid of my melee sorc Kabraxis kill. Forgot to show resists but they are 82CFL 83P 50phys. I show gear at the end of the video. One thing that caused my deaths was that I only used Force Blast on the first encounter then forgot about it. (it HEAVILY reduces damage in this fight, so use it!) You can see when I first encountered Kabraxis I used force blast and for the duration I was taking almost 0 damage. My other 2 deaths were from mis-stepping through the fire and the flames ( \m/ !!!) Also, my HP is pretty high because I was testing VIT scaling on sorc on this character, but realistically you can do this with 7-8k HP. Hope this helps. It's not hard, it's just technical. Learn the fight. It took me like 20 deaths the first time! Good luck.

Well, you're extremely right about force blast

I only used it at beginning before but yeah it's the biggest key to this fight. Makes the fight MUCH easier. Just beat him so thanks again

Unfortunately I got a trash roll on my charm D: 1/2/1/2