Complaints

Discuss Median XL!
Inotamira_Orani
Destroyer
6 | 0
So I recently started Sigma, and I have a few gripes about the changes that seem like regressive changes. Starting with running, we made this a button we have to press and hold WHY?! I Already have to press and hold alt, why on earth did you make running non-togglable?

Second, you could remove togglable running, but not add toggleable item revealing? I'd rather push a button twice instead of having to press and hold the button.

Third, I can no longer relocate my mini-map. This was previously bound to the v key, I prefer my mini-map is on the right, why did you remove this?

Finally, the stats are uneven when you start, and can't be truthfully corrected. Admittedly, this is just an OCD thing, as I like having my stats at intervals of 5, because that's what you level up with, this is now impossible with the new starting base stats.

Edit: Thinking on it further, I also don't like that I can easily press the key to reveal the map on accident, personally, I like knowing where I haven't been yet, and I've hit the key to reveal the map, all's revealed, need to delete the map and start all over.
KhaldonB
Acid Prince
46 | 0
if you want to reset the map, host a game in tcp/ip or go to a different difficulty. I think that resets the map.
ABeLina
Rust Claw
89 | 4
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You can toggle item show with D2Stats.
Also, unbind map show or bind to some not-so-easy reacheable button -> problem solved.
Inotamira_Orani
Destroyer
6 | 0
KhaldonB wrote:if you want to reset the map, host a game in tcp/ip or go to a different difficulty. I think that resets the map.

Which is fair, I could also rebind the key, I just don't personally think making it a keybinding is the best idea.
Inotamira_Orani
Destroyer
6 | 0
ABeLina wrote:You can toggle item show with D2Stats.
Also, unbind map show or bind to some not-so-easy reacheable button -> problem solved.

Fair enough I guess, the issue with the item show was more in frustration to my perception of making running non-toggleable a supremely stupid idea. As for the map, same response as to the last guy.
lynxxyarly
Prowler
19 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Inotamira_Orani wrote:

Fair enough I guess, the issue with the item show was more in frustration to my perception of making running non-toggleable a supremely stupid idea. As for the map, same response as to the last guy.

Mouse 5 is the toggle for running, although it is not a listed keybind.
Pub
Core Lord
397 | 42
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
:coolstorybob: Oh look, an original thread with such original complaints. This is definitely the one where the devs will listen now.
Inotamira_Orani
Destroyer
6 | 0
lynxxyarly wrote:
Inotamira_Orani wrote:

Mouse 5 is the toggle for running, although it is not a listed keybind.

Not working for me at all, and I do have a 5 button mouse. Thanks though!
Inotamira_Orani
Destroyer
6 | 0
Pub wrote::coolstorybob: Oh look, an original thread with such original complaints. This is definitely the one where the devs will listen now.

Better than sitting in silence or making snide comments that don't help anything :D
SnakekillerX
Cultist
20 | 3
Is it though? Given that this is complained about so much already in other threads, both these new threads and his snide comments seem to be accomplishing the same thing. :P