Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
it is only worth it if you need faster xp or better drops while farming ubers . other than that , no , you can level well enough up to 105-110 in players 1 and the drops are good enough by that point
aerial
Horadric Mage
1072 | 205
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
serek wrote:Could you point to some guides/old guides/mini guides on above? Especially interested in mana sorc.

Su war staff, gear with ton of mana, witchmoon, empy glory rings or outoboros, ssu gambeson or umo project quad mo chest with one of two umo that increase mana, rest eerie crafs. You can hit up to even 50k mana with this, and for example 40k mana sweep damage every 5 frames (before chronofield pierce)

build: poison (5pt passive), lightning (warp armor) or fire (life passive), then max panthers from mana tree, max mana sweep, 1pt antimass, max chrono uber, brc/moon potions up to you how many

You get spammable screen wide aoe, same size as apocalypse or stormcall, but you can hit extremely high damage number because it scales out of mana pool, don't need stack EF crafted jewels and such, can just get mf.

Imo it doesn't match good teleporting build, but it is up there for fast farming.
youtube.com/ae1337
TheError
Rust Claw
89 | 1
ChuckNoRis wrote:you can play p8 in SP too (on the same PC) . you just need to open the game 8 times , one hosts the game , the others 7 are joining it . keep the other 7 secondary characters not too far from the fights (no more than 2 screens away) , but in the same time in a safe zone so that they don't get killed .

you just need to be alt-tab-ing every 1 or 2 minutes trough all the 8 games to move along the other 7 while the main character does the farming .

it's quite dumb , but if this is what we need to do to have the /players 8 back , than so be it . i never understood why was that removed .

Uhm, you're just moving the other 7 because you want them to get experience right? Else that's not necessary I'm guessing. Still will need 8 chars in Hell. :|
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3061 | 63
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
having all 8 characters in the same game is not enough to be actually be playing /players 8 . they all need to be relatively close to each other for that to happen (in aprox. 2 screens range) . so for example if the main character farms Duncraig and the other 7 are in town , you are still /players 1 , nothing changes . you will need to bring the other 7 to Duncraig , not too far from your main character for the game to count 8 players inside
Edited by ChuckNoRis 1 year.
TheError
Rust Claw
89 | 1
ChuckNoRis wrote:having all 8 characters in the same game is not enough to be actually be playing /players 8 . they all need to be relatively close to each other for that to happen (in aprox. 2 screens range) . so for example if the main character farms Duncraig and the other 7 are in town , you are still /players 1 , nothing changes . you will need to bring the other 7 to Duncraig , not too far from your main character for the game to count 8 players inside

Wow that's shit. :/ Thanks for the info.

edit: I meant compared to before. I couldn't really imagine alt tabbing into 8 diablos every few minutes and move the characters. o.O
Edited by TheError 1 year.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3061 | 63
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
yes , i agree it's shit compared to before . we could just have the/players setting and spare the alt-tabing trough 8 games as it is just time consuming , but for any issue there is a solution [(we had our shared stash gone , today Kambala brought it back to us - may God bless him - (no more mules needed), so i believe there will be a day when the /players 8 will be returning in some way too(no more alt-tabing trough 8 games)]
Edited by ChuckNoRis 1 year.
Thordski
Invader
8 | -2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
AERIAL, i Already got a sorc, i pref play somthing else,do you got any other suggestions then mana sorc for Screen clean? wanna be able to run trought faust faster then i do now, i play melee sorc and only samael that i havent done.
(This is also couse am tired of hitting mobs, and am good geared so no way am switching it to manasorc)
Eregoth
Invader
9 | -1
aerial wrote:Su war staff, gear with ton of mana, witchmoon, empy glory rings or outoboros, ssu gambeson or umo project quad mo chest with one of two umo that increase mana, rest eerie crafs. You can hit up to even 50k mana with this, and for example 40k mana sweep damage every 5 frames (before chronofield pierce)

build: poison (5pt passive), lightning (warp armor) or fire (life passive), then max panthers from mana tree, max mana sweep, 1pt antimass, max chrono uber, brc/moon potions up to you how many

As someone currently doing this build:

You don't need to build around Mana Sweep. You only need 13 points, and then go for your regular Immersion Single-target setup. Once you hit 30k mana, it takes 2 casts to clear a screen in Duncraig, 3 in Vizjun. The minor increase in scaling is insignificant compared to better gear or charms.

And for farming you want double Adrenaline Rush and 40%FRW boots. To even try competing with teleporting builds, you need to stack movement speed wherever possible.

It's pretty fun. It's gated behind a very expensive weapon, but it really transforms once you get it.
Jagnazaek
Fallen
1 | -1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Pub wrote:Pouncezon is aight. SU miaden pike with greater runes and sots while super maxing curare is flexible for both fauzt and dunc.

Edit: might not even have to supermax, the proc from the pike is pretty fucking nuts

Ive only been playing median since sigma, and I started with a hammerzon but found more gear for a pouncezon, i have the SU maiden pike, and am aware of greater runes but the acronym sots eludes me. What are/is sots if you don't mind helping out a noob.
aerial
Horadric Mage
1072 | 205
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I was thinking more about going p8 games with this, then you want more damage , and movement speed is less important. You will never catch up to wolf druid, but in p8 content you can outdamage them.
youtube.com/ae1337