Scorpion Blade Sin Struggle

Discuss Median XL!
ismokeidrank
Destroyer
6 | 0
So I never played a sin pre TSW and even then I never made it very far with the little time I put towards Median but I enjoyed in nonetheless.

Coming into TSW I knew I wanted to try something I hadn't done beforehand so I decided to give the assassin a try and was pretty hooked right away. I love the overly flashy skills the come with this mod but something about the simplicity of the assassin, mainly Scorpion Blade assassin let me chill and zone out more while I played. Leveling up was a breeze, sure you died every now and then and some areas were tougher than others but it was all pretty manageable.

Anyways, at this point I'm only level 121 but I seem to have hit a bit of a wall. Up until now nothing has really stopped me cold and the biggest struggle I can think of is Tran Athulua. I've killed every rift & dungeon under 120 and done a couple at 120 but the difficulty has come to a sudden spike where I either can't progress at all, or if I do it's constant deaths with progress being minimal. Because of my struggle with Tran Athulua I haven't had much luck with SU drops and have stuck to K3K where I am finding some SU's but nothing substantial and looking at the documents, it looks like most of the items that would help me out a bit are SSU's and so I'd have to move on to find those and the farm speed is just abysmal.

I've tried 3 different builds to help progression but nothing seems to be working, keep in mind I'm staying within options that don't require SU's and SSU's since I can't really farm them and that's the point I'm trying to get to.

Stats for gear + Full Energy + Poison Damage

This build is what carried me through the game and gave me the most success, as little as it was. Basically enough stats for gear, then the rest into energy. The damage is there, for the most part, poison absorb mobs give me a bit of trouble but everything else dies in 2-3 seconds but it only takes me a couple of hits to fall dead. 5500hp and only 10% block 50% avoid (0 defense) just wasn't cutting it. Tried mixing it up with not using Tiefling form but the drop in block (4%) for the minor defense boost didn't seem to matter.

stats for gear + heavy Vitality + defense

I tried another build which focused more on life since the issue in say Duncraig was being 1 shot by barrels or a bit of desync causing a couple hits to result in a death. It was kind of a hybrid build, ended up with a little less than 50% of the damage as before, 40k def only 5% block but 25% physical resist and 8200 life. The issue with this build was it just didn't feel beefy enough for the amount of damage lost. Things were taking too long to kill and causing myself to be in more situations of danger because of the increase time to kill. The other issue was the lack of Energy made going out of mana a common occurrence and made kiting awkward.

stats for gear + Full dex

This build I haven't been able to fully test out but although there seems to be some benefit to it, it has some of the previous builds issues. Damage is lacking and mana issues. Scorpion Blade costs just short of 300 mana and I've got a 3500 mana pool. I was able to get just over 50% block but back down to 5500 HP so it's pretty easy to die from a couple hits again.

I know I could adapt my build more and just leave Scorpion Blade behind and probably find a dex build that would give me better damage and defense but I've already invested a lot into this character and without just letting someone else do the work for me and trading for gear that could help, I'm trying to find something that works to get me to the next step in farming.

As for what could help buff-wise; I think Tiefling form is a little weak for what it does. Hp seems to be our biggest issue since no matter how much you dodge or reduce a hit to, you're going to die with a low max HP. Currently at base lvl 24 Tiefling is giving me just short of 1000hp which, for putting yourself to 0 def is... nothing.

Anyways, long rambling from a noob. Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun and I enjoy the challenge. I just seem to be stuck at a wall that I'm struggling to figure out on my own. Hoping to find a way to go all the way with this build.

(-:
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I've played scorpion ssin exclusively up to 135. It's a great farming build. However, I'd ignore TA except for the charm. Level in k3k then go straight into Teganze. If you hate it there, Dunc is easy as well.

I recorded a few random runs with a guide I'm writing so you can see it's viable.

I'm at work right now but I'll give a more detailed post for you when I get home.
igloosPat
Cultist
20 | 3
I am playing one too and would love to know what gear you use CallMeCrazySam and how you skill up. I am a hybrid with Limpet but I guess that is not needed for farming in these areas.
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Mid game you are all shimmering crafts with TU Bladed Shield and TU Knife. Upgrade the knife to either the SU or SSU Flying Knife. You want the TU Bladed Shield pretty much just for the reanimates. Jewelry with skills and poison pierce as the priority.
ismokeidrank
Destroyer
6 | 0
Appreciate the response, makes me realize just how far behind I am lol can't even imagine killing mobs like that with 1 throw, takes me a good while to get them down right now.
Marco
Team Member
1952 | 1347
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Legendary Love Badge
Earned over 500 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Multiplayer Badge
Has won a multiplayer contest
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
some ssin tips:

- get max signets asap. It might take less time to farm hell nihla compared to dying very often on ubers
- at least 100 points in vita before level 125, to compensate for the lack of belial/astro charms (massively important for her)
- crafted jewels with +40 hp on all of your gear

TA is a bit difficult for assassin. Even with top clear speed, w/o max block, most arrowside procs can be deadly. Makes the place inefficient to farm.

Dunc is your friend. Scorp blade does fairly well there. You can pretty much do a farming spec with just shimmering crafts and farm dunc. You start at 120 and it will get better and better. Same for teganze, can prob equip witchhunter cap and do it, though poison resistant mobs are obnoxious. The stat points help a lot (virtually all stat types are helpful - str for gear, dex for block/gear, vit for hp and ene for dmg/mana).

I've completed all ubers with sblade sin (except 130+, which are purify based and better to spec into block/vit). Just have to stack as much %PSD and pierce as humanly possible. Even astro ended up being quite easy with some practice even though using sblade against her seemed like a terrible idea.

There's a few SU's that if you can trade, can make your life a bit easier. SSU skull cap is a good example, probably not hard to find seller. And SSU ring mail as well. Warshrike is good too, coincidentally i found at least 3 of those while doing dunc on my ssin.
Kogler1990
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
I dont get it how u can do this as Sblade sin.. I had problems with clearing trojan jungle .. wearing shimmering crafted stuff and warkshrike..had 120poison spell dmg and 100 peirce.. didnt kill shit
CallMeCrazySam
Heretic
418 | 59
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Kogler1990 wrote:I dont get it how u can do this as Sblade sin.. I had problems with clearing trojan jungle .. wearing shimmering crafted stuff and warkshrike..had 120poison spell dmg and 100 peirce.. didnt kill shit

Not sure what you are doing then man, right now I'm level 110 clearing it with my TU gear.
Kogler1990
Jungle Hunter
25 | 0
I have no idea either!
ismokeidrank
Destroyer
6 | 0
I'm currently still in my 3rd build for stats as I was just farming Signets, got all 400 and have been extremely unlucky for finding shimmering shrines so haven't had a chance to get some crafted gear and give it all another shot but just from farming Nihla I was able to find a number of SU's, more than I was finding in K3K.

Going to respec to get my stats in order and give it all another shot :)