Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
malderun wrote:
aerial wrote:
Pinball wrote:
Primarch wrote:So, after extensive testing, I've discovered that, when you equip your merc with fully-Xis-socketed t4 honorifics, they gain a Mephesto morph.

Mephesto? Can you give me a screenshot? Sounds interesting

Yes and if you socket it with shaad you morph into diablo.

Does this buff the Merc in anyway or is it strickley cosmetic?

I don't believe they were serious about this. Ofc no screenshots of it because it's a lame joke.

What I did on my merc was to just craft items with some leftover shrines to see if I could get melee procs on it, str boni, +barb skills and put in some extra thai runes in one item, str bonus runes in the rest of the gear. If you are say lvl 120 you should have a lot of shrines by now :)
malderun
Prowler
17 | 3
So as a survival update I equiped my Merc with the elemental dmg 3% hp jewels and the xis ith boots 17% CB at 140 and 36% hp with perfect roll. Merc has 31k hp still does 19k dmg on abilities survival is great even lives in tengaze however still dies from time to time.

Still haven't checked out the hidden stats with the older version of D2 stats. Asuming Max res works just the interface won't show I'll see how he does with the shaad 5% Max res helm.
tranvanhieu
Grubber
310 | 2
Muilpeer wrote:
malderun wrote:
aerial wrote:
Pinball wrote:
Primarch wrote:So, after extensive testing, I've discovered that, when you equip your merc with fully-Xis-socketed t4 honorifics, they gain a Mephesto morph.

Mephesto? Can you give me a screenshot? Sounds interesting

Yes and if you socket it with shaad you morph into diablo.

Does this buff the Merc in anyway or is it strickley cosmetic?

I don't believe they were serious about this. Ofc no screenshots of it because it's a lame joke.

What I did on my merc was to just craft items with some leftover shrines to see if I could get melee procs on it, str boni, +barb skills and put in some extra thai runes in one item, str bonus runes in the rest of the gear. If you are say lvl 120 you should have a lot of shrines by now :)

+barb skill doesn't work, only + all skills work.
Eadan
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Pinball wrote:40% Strength is pretty high and it will bonus a lot for merc because of
Heroic Strength

Per strength point: Enhanced Weapon Damage +1%
Per strength point: Regenerate Life +1
Per strength point: +0.25 Energy Factor to Spell Damage

I'm playing Trap Rat and not using the tri-element build so I need a merc that does elemental damage and there is Warmonger. The Area affects attack works well too. Also the 10% chance to avoid damage plus high strength (my merc has 5k6 strength) make it almost immortal.

Actually I did some testing and it seems they get 0.5 EWD/0.25EF/ ? life regen per their (base strength+%mountain king bonus). That bonus is (10+level/2)% for this calculation, but the strength they gain from mountain king follows a different formula.
Edited by Eadan 5 years.
Pinball
A dragon with boobs
6557 | 255
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Eadan wrote:
Pinball wrote:40% Strength is pretty high and it will bonus a lot for merc because of
Heroic Strength

I'm playing Trap Rat and not using the tri-element build so I need a merc that does elemental damage and there is Warmonger. The Area affects attack works well too. Also the 10% chance to avoid damage plus high strength (my merc has 5k6 strength) make it almost immortal.

I think heroic strength works only with base str

How do you know that? If this is tree then sockets with prefect gems for res would be great.
Eadan
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
Pinball wrote:
Eadan wrote:
Heroic Strength

I think heroic strength works only with base str

How do you know that? If this is tree then sockets with prefect gems for res would be great.

I edited my post. I looked at the numbers at d2stats for activated mercs with no gear. The EWD bonus is double the EF bonus they get, and putting on STR% items doesn't change the EF or EWD they get from heroic strength ( it applies the bonus 0.3% EWD per STR they get using two-handed weapon though but this isn't displayed on d2stats)
AzureGladiator
Heretic
429 | 94
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contest Badge
Has won a forum contest
I remember crafting this baby a few seasons ago... Murdered EVERYTHING once I socketed and orbed it up